Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 427
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @FAT32 said:
    Time for bet whether VirMach will deliver the double prizes in this thread and/or HostedTalk giveaways before this BF/CM 2021 :joy:

I'll bet 100200 dogecoins that he delivers at least our double prizes by CM 2021. Any takers?

• @randomq said:

@FAT32 said:
    Time for bet whether VirMach will deliver the double prizes in this thread and/or HostedTalk giveaways before this BF/CM 2021 :joy:

I'll bet 100200 dogecoins that he delivers at least our double prizes by CM 2021. Any takers?

O boy!

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

• @FrankZ said:

Re-hosting, because this website seems to check Referer header and renders nothing for viewers!

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @FrankZ what's under our seats? Ryzens? Dollar off coupons? Covid?

• RecDRecD Member

Still 256..

• So

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@randomq said: @FrankZ what's under our seats? Ryzens? Dollar off coupons? Covid?

With summer almost upon us I was going to give away some DA reseller hosting accounts, so we could all could be summer hosts, but I am having network problems with the upstream that they just can't seem to fix. Because of this it is going to have to wait until after I remodel a bathroom. So who knows when/if it is actually going to happen :(

• donlidonli Member
    edited April 2021

@randomq said:

@FAT32 said:

I've got some Flooz bucks I can bet.

• @donli said:

@randomq said:

@FAT32 said:

I've got some Flooz bucks I can bet.

Hey, doge is up, my bet is now $26 USD!

• @FrankZ I just built and plumbed a small cabin. Friend convinced me to use crimped PEX as he had the crimping tool. Once you add in a couple crimps it drops the water pressure and flow way too much; I wish I had just glued PVC!

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2021

@randomq - Due to the internal verse external connectors it looks like when using PEX you would have to up size everything over PVC to maintain the same flow. Since I have concrete/block walls I would be worried about the expansion/contraction that happens with PEX and probably would not consider it. PVC is easy to work with and generally preferred these days, but I'll be using copper as that is what the place is plumbed with currently, and I'm a bit of a traditionalist. (also I like using torches :naughty: )

Otherwise did the cabin come out well?

• @FrankZ Yes, it's a little 240 ft² (22 m²) place for someone elderly that didn't have anything. Just an "efficiency" layout, but built to survive our tropical storms. When they save up a little money from not paying rent, it's intended they add on a lanai (screened porch) to more than double the living space. A porch is comfortable all year here; just a little chilly on the winter mornings at 55F (12c).

• I was away of my apartment for 6 months and that now I'm back, city planning two power cut in my building. Fuck my life.

• @FrankZ meant to add that I've done copper plumbing before, and liked it once I got the hang of soldering properly.

@ben47955 bummer, how long are the planned outages?

FYI my doge bet is now worth $50, dogecoin is mooning!

• @randomq said: @ben47955 bummer, how long are the planned outages?

First time is 8 hours, a week later it's 4 hours.
    It would be in the night ( starting at 22:00), but still really annoying because for 8 hours, no way food would still be frozen.

• So quiet

• imokimok Member

One month and we are still in the same page. Incredible.

• One moth and we are still in the same sweater. Inedible.

One monk and we are still in the same prayer. Unendable.

One month and we are distilling the same sake. Unboilable.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

I don't have anything for you guys other than free SSD4G's for as long as it stays on a ColoCrossing server (non-transferrable to Ryzen, may eventually end. But hey if we continue to delay everything that might be a pretty long time.)

Just comment some encouraging words/lies like "Wow, you guys sure are making quick progress on the Ryzen preorders" that also include something about wanting a free SSD4G and be sure to also leave a private message with just your VirMach e-mail and preferred location. I'll process these for however long I feel, so that's 8 hours to a couple days.

Thanked by 2FrankZ randomq
  • @VirMach said:
    I don't have anything for you guys other than free SSD4G's for as long as it stays on a ColoCrossing server (non-transferrable to Ryzen, may eventually end. But hey if we continue to delay everything that might be a pretty long time.)

Just comment some encouraging words/lies like "Wow, you guys sure are making quick progress on the Ryzen preorders" that also include something about wanting a free SSD4G and be sure to also leave a private message with just your VirMach e-mail and preferred location. I'll process these for however long I feel, so that's 8 hours to a couple days.

Wow, you guys sure are making quick progress on the Ryzen preorders

I would really appreciate the EasterHut SSD32G that I submitted a long time ago :cold_sweat:

Thanks!

• Wow, you guys sure are making quick progress on the Ryzen preorders

Free vps are always welcome

@plumberg said:

@VirMach said:

Wow, you guys sure are making quick progress on the Ryzen preorders

I would really appreciate the EasterHut SSD32G that I submitted a long time ago :cold_sweat:

Thanks!

Sure since you're the first person I'll grant your wish of what I assume to be an SSD32G until we take it away from you and make you very very sad when the server it resides on is decommissioned.

• @plumberg said: I would really appreciate the EasterHut SSD32G that I submitted a long time ago

Probably like half of 'active' users in this topic submitted that :D

--

@VirMach still IP range issue or something totally new here?

• @VirMach said: I don't have anything for you guys

@VirMach said: other than free SSD4G's

@VirMach said: for as long as it stays on a ColoCrossing server

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@VirMach Well well well, look who we have here!
    Wow, you guys sure are making quick progress on the Ryzen preorders. :)

edited April 2021

@JabJab said: @VirMach still IP range issue or something totally new here?

Mostly time issues. I promised to all our existing customers that these Ryzens wouldn't affect the quality of support for existing services and we've had to focus on a lot of bug fixes with the issues edit: Freudian slip, features* we rolled out. We've also had to deal with a pressing matter regarding abuse, mainly a game of whack-a-mole and tweaking our anti-abuse for outbound attacks. Then, just an influx of tickets as we cleared out all the extended "grace period" VMs and opened up a lot of room, aka, a lot more new orders. Everything's luckily cooling down again.

I should have a meaningful update for you guys, I'll be around.

• That a good way to see who is stalking but not commenting. I see you @Cam
    Haha

Thanked by 1Cam
  • Thanks for the update and this is probably a good call from consumer point of view (not nuking support due to WE HAVE NEW STUFF, YEAH!?), but no idea from your budget point of view :-)

Wish you luck, let the Ryzen be soon with us.

@JabJab said: but no idea from your budget point of view :-)

I mean it definitely doesn't help to have to pay for half empty servers, and empty cabs. Good news is that... neverminded I won't even say it.

Thanked by 1FrankZ