Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 429
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• What if this thread reach 666 pages ?

• randomqrandomq Member

@ben47955 said:
    What if this thread reach 666 pages ?

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Maybe at this point it would be doubled zen

• aliletalilet Member

@ben47955 said:

• randomqrandomq Member

@alilet said:

@ben47955 said:

Thanked by 1alilet
  • randomqrandomq Member

@ben47955 said:
    Maybe at this point it would be doubled zen

• randomqrandomq Member

Too quiet in here...

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@VirMach said: @JabJab said: @VirMach any comments on the Chia cryptoshit? Getting disk-abused already? Deploying new nodes 2 time expensive? I hope you already have all the HDD/SSD bought?

Update...

Motherboard died on the HDD node. Well not really, but it's effectively dead. Replacements getting shipped in, and of course when we go live we'll have replacement parts on hand but this is going to delay that line by about a week.

Still not looking good on the storage node. Running into a lot of troubleshooting.

For Ryzen we're 100% going to be introducing some of the beta test nodes with 5950X instead of 3950X since I was able to finally get some of them at only slightly scalper prices. This should also be a good test to ensure the new BIOS version doesn't run into any weird problems with virtualization + 5950X on X470.

I may be handing out some of the prizes owed from... a year and a half ago? Wow, time flies.

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • Soon™

• imokimok Member

I should go to sleep

• JabJabJabJab Member

@VirMach said: For Ryzen we're 100% going to be introducing some of the beta test nodes with 5950X instead of 3950X since I was able to finally get some of them at only slightly scalper prices.

5950X is a fucking beast. Remember to update BIOS ;')

Please define 'slightly scalper prices'. Just interested how much it is in USA :D

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2021

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but what happens with our old (paid not free) Intel VPS services once VirMach moves out of CC.
    Will we be able to keep them ?
    Will they be migrated to the closest new location ?
    Inquiring minds want to know :)

Somebody please post a bus, thank you.

• randomqrandomq Member

https://tinyurl.com/8bn4duc5

Thanked by 3imok FrankZ scorcher9
  • Oh

• imokimok Member

Do you have a cat in your office?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

• Oh Oh

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@JabJab said: Please define 'slightly scalper prices'. Just interested how much it is in USA

Around $900 scalper price is what I got them at, when they go for around $1000-1100 last I checked. MSRP is $800.

@FrankZ said:
    I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but what happens with our old (paid not free) Intel VPS services once VirMach moves out of CC.
    Will we be able to keep them ?
    Will they be migrated to the closest new location ?
    Inquiring minds want to know :)

Somebody please post a bus, thank you.

The first options for us, even if we lose profits or some money, is to not charge more money. With inflation, increasing Windows license costs, and hardware shortages I do not know how far that will go, but as of right now we have no plans on increasing costs on anything, even if they are moved to Ryzen.

Current plan is in the following order:

1. Alpha/Beta test and those who preordered getting their Ryzen packages.
    2. Everyone who filled out the survey we sent out (with a cutoff time) being migrated.
    3. Certain higher-paying customers being able to opt-in to migrate.
    4. Some required migration for nodes we are absolutely phasing out, you can see this as getting lucky or unlucky depending on whether or not you want to be migrated to Ryzen.

Past this, we will probably do a mix of consolidation (migration from Intel to Intel) and opt-in migrations, then probably repeat. If CC changes their ways, there's also always the possibility that we obviously stay with them to some degree but I do not know how likely that is right now.

Thanked by 2FrankZ RecD
  • imokimok Member

@VirMach said: Certain higher-paying customers being able to opt-in to migrate

I suppose my $15/year don't qualify.

• Ryzen before BF. Anyone to bet ? Oh wait I'm poor, I can't bet.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • randomqrandomq Member

I looked today to see what my health insurance will cost in the US if I am self-employed:

$5000/year!

I feel poor now. How will I afford to idle VPS after that?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@VirMach said: Current plan is in the following order:

Thank you for answering this so quickly :heart:, survey done on Feb 3rd :relieved:
    Just knowing that you are not going to cancel these old services is reassuring enough for me. Intel or AMD does not really matter. Although getting IPv6 in Los Angeles and Amsterdam would be a great help as I have long ago run out of HE IPv6 tunnels and that does restrain me from buying more at CC locations.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@randomq said:
    I looked today to see what my health insurance will cost in the US if I am self-employed:

$5000/year!

I feel poor now. How will I afford to idle VPS after that?

Try Blue Cross. I have some 60+ American friends that are paying about $3,000 a year for health insurance through them.

Thanked by 1randomq
  • imokimok Member

Are we getting free dedicated servers?

• randomqrandomq Member

@imok said:
    Are we getting free dedicated servers?

You didn't get yours for alpha?

• imokimok Member

😔

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

:mrgreen:

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire