Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 431
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2021

Did the pages get shorter (40 comments) for everyone else or is it just me that is now on page 323?

Thanked by 1randomq
  • aliletalilet Member

Yup page 323

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • JabJabJabJab Member

FUCKING SCAM, 323 again!

Who do we blame, @FAT32 ?:D

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Because we need to reach page 1000 faster.

Thanked by 2randomq FrankZ
  • randomqrandomq Member

Did prizes just go to 3x?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2021

Time for a new bus then ,,,

Unfortunately all the old buses are now going to be all over the place :disappointed:

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@JabJab said:

FUCKING SCAM, 323 again!

Who do we blame, FAT32 ?:D

What the heck. This is a new low

• aliletalilet Member
    edited May 2021

I am seeing 27 comments per page.

Edit
    Just realized my stupidity.

Thanked by 1imok
  • randomqrandomq Member

The passengers are going to be confused now... All the busses at the wrong stop, and now this stop gets two. Also JabJab is from some alternate reality where there were even fewer comments per page, because he's seen 323 before...

Ben you should have payed more attention in your time travel class, it seems you've torn the fabric of spacetime. What if we missed our prizes because we're in the wrong timeline?

Thanked by 2FrankZ imok
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2021

@JabJab said:
    @VirMach Chia status report please?

Our storage server is not wanting to function properly anymore. Good news though, we have a lot of backup parts for it now that may or may not function. It's a really strange issue I've never experienced before on any server and simply not enough time to diagnose it at this point. Good news is if I get frustrated enough, we might go Ryzen on this one too, been looking out for the proper chassis/motherboard combination for that one.

@imok said:

@VirMach said: Certain higher-paying customers being able to opt-in to migrate

I suppose my $15/year don't qualify.

@FrankZ said:

@VirMach said: Current plan is in the following order:

Thank you for answering this so quickly :heart:, survey done on Feb 3rd :relieved:
    Just knowing that you are not going to cancel these old services is reassuring enough for me. Intel or AMD does not really matter. Although getting IPv6 in Los Angeles and Amsterdam would be a great help as I have long ago run out of HE IPv6 tunnels and that does restrain me from buying more at CC locations.

Follow-up on this, we'll most definitely allow anyone to migrate to Ryzen, even for smaller packages, as long as you opt for IPv6 w/ IPv4 NAT. Pending getting IPv4 NAT to work without a headache or a lot of manual work on SolusVM, we haven't researched this at all yet IIRC.

Thanked by 2JabJab FrankZ

If anyone's interested, we might be doing temporarily-length specials, as in the service expires and is not renewable after some time. Good for temporary use projects.

https://billing.virmach.com/index.php?rp=/store/one-time-specials

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • JabJabJabJab Member

6GB Disk

Fucking VirtBot strikes again :D

@JabJab said:
    6GB Disk

Fucking VirtBot strikes again :D

Changed to 7GB, this should be good for a 30 day VPN if anyone's interested. We're doing these manually based on per node for the nodes we're phasing out. If I could let people do a slider for resources, I would. I'll see if we can do that.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited May 2021

Oh ignore me, I am just meme-ing here at VirtBot ;')

Yeah, this looks pretty decent for VPN/Proxy... but aren't you scared you will get overrun with spammers and blacklist the IP? :) // However you probably filter SMTP already? Block SMTP there :D

Maybe not slider per se, but 3-4 different packages with different configs/use cases - bah, even different length of contract on 'better' packages? Throw 4 cpu, 80GB for a week for people that need to compute some shit :)

• @VirMach said: Follow-up on this, we'll most definitely allow anyone to migrate to Ryzen, even for smaller packages, as long as you opt for IPv6 w/ IPv4 NAT. Pending getting IPv4 NAT to work without a headache or a lot of manual work on SolusVM, we haven't researched this at all yet IIRC.

What are the condition to lost the public IP ? It would be a big turn off for a lot of people.

• randomqrandomq Member

@VirMach said:
    Follow-up on this, we'll most definitely allow anyone to migrate to Ryzen, even for smaller packages, as long as you opt for IPv6 w/ IPv4 NAT. Pending getting IPv4 NAT to work without a headache or a lot of manual work on SolusVM, we haven't researched this at all yet IIRC.

So you're trying to de-involucrate some IPs?

@ben47955 said:

@VirMach said: Follow-up on this, we'll most definitely allow anyone to migrate to Ryzen, even for smaller packages, as long as you opt for IPv6 w/ IPv4 NAT. Pending getting IPv4 NAT to work without a headache or a lot of manual work on SolusVM, we haven't researched this at all yet IIRC.

What are the condition to lost the public IP ? It would be a big turn off for a lot of people.

@randomq said:

@VirMach said:

So you're trying to de-involucrate some IPs?

We don't have any IPv4 space, ARIN last wanted us to disclose all customers' information to apply for some a few years ago and we decided against it due to privacy concerns. For packages that would not automatically qualify for a free Ryzen upgrade, a large part of the cost would be IPv4. It wouldn't be forced on any customers but for those packages it would assist in the move should someone have a very low cost special and want to take advantage of the upgrade.

IPv4 leasing does end up being a significant cost and it would also limit our ability to move over everyone quickly at the moment until we find more for lease so it would otherwise end up throttling the move, at least for now.

Thanked by 2randomq FrankZ
  • imokimok Member

I always keep you in mind, dear Virmach club.

• This thread is idling.

• Can we mine crypto with our idling thread? Or fill the first 322 pages with Chia plots? We need our thread to work for us!

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@VirMach said:
    For packages that would not automatically qualify for a free Ryzen upgrade, a large part of the cost would be IPv4. It wouldn't be forced on any customers but for those packages it would assist in the move should someone have a very low cost special and want to take advantage of the upgrade.
    IPv4 leasing does end up being a significant cost and it would also limit our ability to move over everyone quickly at the moment until we find more for lease so it would otherwise end up throttling the move, at least for now.

• Maybe this will cheer you up?

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • 𝔊𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 @𝔠𝔬𝔠𝔦𝔲 𝔣𝔞𝔫𝔰, 𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔩𝔬𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔡 𝔬𝔫 𝔏𝔈𝔗, 𝔯𝔲𝔫𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔲𝔬𝔲𝔰𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔅𝔉2018! 𝔓𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔢 𝔦𝔫𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔲𝔠𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔣 𝔲𝔭𝔬𝔫 𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤!

• JasonMJasonM Member

OMG! this is page 324!
    I missed all the 1-323 pages!

Thanked by 1randomq
  • Does this thread stopped working ?

• aliletalilet Member

@ben47955 said:
    Does this thread stopped working ?

• I wonder how many OVZ package that got converted to kvm are still alive

@ben47955 said:
    I wonder how many OVZ package that got converted to kvm are still alive