Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 430
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• randomqrandomq Member

🤪

• JabJabJabJab Member

• JabJabJabJab Member

Any suggestions for torrent VPS? I was using hostsolutions (fully knowing what can happen) and I need new home. Cheap, not that fast, 1 GB of RAM! I don't think I ever had more than 150GBs there - I just don't want to 'seed' from home and keep PC 24/7 :D

• @JabJab BuyVM + Slab, preference in LUX, but seem three location are fine.

• JabJabJabJab Member

@ben47955 said: @JabJab BuyVM + Slab, preference in LUX, but seem three location are fine.

Oh, I totally forgot about one important condition: In stock, lmao.
    Yeah, probably gonna try to hunt that BuyVM + Slab, but fuck me, this will take months.

• Well, looking to find something too. But there are not much options. I will probably end with a kimsufi or offline.net server.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited May 2021

@ben47955 said: Well, looking to find something too. But there are not much options. I will probably end with a kimsufi or offline.net server.

Any exp with GreenKVM aka GreenCloudVPS aka something like this: https://greencloudvps.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=501 but set it to yearly, 30$. They claim BUCHAREST, RO; DENVER, CO; ATLANTA, GA

• randomqrandomq Member

Couldn't you use any host or location, as long as you also use a VPN on the VPS? Does a provider care as long as they are not getting DMCA notices? Just wondering out loud...

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

IIRC DataIdeas-Josh at aliendata.com is torrent friendly, with unlimited bandwidth.

• @randomq said: Couldn't you use any host or location, as long as you also use a VPN on the VPS? Does a provider care as long as they are not getting DMCA notices? Just wondering out loud...

Yeah, unless you trigger abuse on ressource and that easy with torrent on HDD server.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

• JabJabJabJab Member

@VirMach Chia status report please? :D

• JabJabJabJab Member

@randomq said: Couldn't you use any host or location, as long as you also use a VPN on the VPS? Does a provider care as long as they are not getting DMCA notices? Just wondering out loud...

I have 0 VPSes with HDD and 0 VPSes with 100+GB SSDs. So I still need to buy something - I can buy something that 'accepts' torrents and all the shit that comes with it (I don't need high speed, I am not RATIO SEEDING!1111!) or I could be a "dick" and VPN/VPS and buy from a host with torrents explicitly listed in TOS as no go.

Trying not to be a dick here ;')

• RecDRecD Member

@JabJab said:
    Any suggestions for torrent VPS? I was using hostsolutions (fully knowing what can happen) and I need new home. Cheap, not that fast, 1 GB of RAM! I don't think I ever had more than 150GBs there - I just don't want to 'seed' from home and keep PC 24/7 :D

Why not consider shared seedbox if you don’t need a root access and a dedicated IPv4

• JabJabJabJab Member

@RecD said: Why not consider shared seedbox if you don’t need a root access and a dedicated IPv4

Have you seen shared seedboxes for 3.5$ per month? All I've seen (wasn't looking that hard, just few links here and there) is more expensive than BuyVM :D

Links please :)

• randomqrandomq Member

Good luck with your warez and pr0n budget.

• imokimok Member

Is everything OK?

• randomqrandomq Member

Maybe

• no.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@imok said:
    Is everything OK?

Definitely no

• @FAT32 said:

@imok said:
    Is everything OK?

Definitely no

What going on ?

• imokimok Member

@ben47955 said:
    no.

Why?

@FAT32 said:

@imok said:
    Is everything OK?

Definitely no

Tell us.

• randomqrandomq Member

@FAT32 said:

@imok said:
    Is everything OK?

Definitely no

Bro?

• @imok said: Why?

A lot of issues with motivation for remote university course. Now most likely affecting my long term planning. That and other thing I'm not gonna write publicly.

• imokimok Member

@ben47955 said:

@imok said: Why?

A lot of issues with motivation for remote university course. Now most likely affecting my long term planning.

The same like me, but for remote work.

Get a cat.

• @imok said: Get a cat.

I wish, but landlord don't allow it.

• JabJabJabJab Member

@ben47955 said: I wish, but landlord don't allow it.

Get a petfish!

• Why so much hate against @FAT32 from hostloc ?

• JabJabJabJab Member

I don't think it's hostloc, it's the one India/Singapore/not really sure guy going nuts after he got banned for throwing all kinda of crap around :D

• randomqrandomq Member
    edited May 2021

I hope you all have a nice Memorial Day weekend, thinking fond thoughts about our US military etc. 😁