Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keep away BuyVM and FranTech. - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Keep away BuyVM and FranTech.

Comments

• Francisco said: Sure, but i'll absolutely slap another FR record on him for the whole ordeal.

Says much about the quality of FR then where providers can just list the users for "orderals" without even delivering anything for the money they gladly accepted.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Ympker said: @ OP If you want that refund, reach out to AliPay and be done with Frantech or clean up your fraud record and continue using Frantech or atleast have a better chance of acceptance at other providers.

No one will approve his orders once my report goes on. No ones going to want to have someone that's going to start a multi page drama thread because the customer was in the wrong and decided to make a stink about it.

Again, the host that reported him has already said it was as bad, if not worse, than described.

Francisco

• Francisco said: No one will approve his orders once my report goes on. No ones going to want to have someone that's going to start a multi page drama thread because the customer was in the wrong and decided to make a stink about it.

Would you be adding this thread as a reference?

• I don't think Fran is the only company that states on the TOS that certain payment methods can't / won't be refunded. I mean do companies that accept crypto, refund it? IF yes what percentage of them do that?

Also lots of people can't read, they keep saying how he won't give the $5 back ever, he has said multiple times that if OP requests a refund from alipay, he will honor it.

I have never had a product from Fran, nor do I remember the Aldryc guy / rants about him, but how he handled this shitfest looks absolutely proper.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

ricardo said: Would you be adding this thread as a reference?

Sure? Seems to be a valid warning to any provider.

Nihim said: I don't think Fran is the only company that states on the TOS that certain payment methods can't / won't be refunded. I mean do companies that accept crypto, refund it? IF yes what percentage of them do that?

I don't know of anyone refunding crypto. Sounds sketchy as hell.

Francisco

• AuroraZ said: Well hate to say it but most stores are not going to be nice if you break their rules either. They usually involve sirens and cuffs.

But the original poster didn't break any BuyVM rules yet - that's the issue. The OP discovered his order cancelled without any prior warning or explanation, and BuyVM is refusing to issue a refund. I like BuyVM, but that's typical BuyVM customer service.

@Francisco got softer in this thread, but Karen's email was pretty straightforward: no service and no refund.

Nihim said: I don't think Fran is the only company that states on the TOS that certain payment methods can't / won't be refunded.

In all places, it is not legal to keep a customer's payment and refuse to offer them service. In many places, it is not legal to disclaim that in the Terms of Service.

I mean do companies that accept crypto, refund it? IF yes what percentage of them do that?

BitPay gives hosts a way to refund crypto payments. They keep records of all wallet, IP and email addresses.

Ramnode a.k.a. NoSpamNode refunds crypto, but they are hella strict and fraud check crypto orders just like regular CC or PayPal orders.

Francisco said: I don't know of anyone refunding crypto. Sounds sketchy as hell.

It's not sketchy, if you think it might be abused for laundering crypto. A launderer can just send crypto to another wallet address - no need for an intermediary.

As I said, BitPay will handle refunds and they are a serious company with legal exposure for this sort of thing.

• @Francisco said:
    No one will approve his orders once my report goes on.

This is exactly why FR is bad. Customer orders something, you check FR reports after they pay, deny them service based on one (if I read it correctly) report, refuse to refund them.

So the client has 3 options now:
    1) Forget about their money
    2) Contact the host which reported them in the first place and if that's successfully resolved they'll be able to use the service
    3) Contact alipay to get refunded. If they do that they'll get their money back but they'll get another FR entry which will lead to most providers here denying them service in the future.

@Francisco
    No ones going to want to have someone that's going to start a multi page drama thread because the customer was in the wrong and decided to make a stink about it.

Make sure you put "Starting LET drama thread" as a reason, if that isn't fraud I don't know what is

Thanked by 1torrbox
  • Technically he did it by being listing on FR. That would break anyone's rules. He isn't discriminate or anything. He is just following a rule anyone should have and not backing down.

He has already stated if the issue is fixed he will gladly give him service. It's more room then most would give in this situation.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • Maybe this negative thread would get sales for BuyVM, if there were any bloody stock :wink:

• I can see the problem with taking the money before performing additional fraud checks. One would not expect the ToS to claim a certain payment method, which is usually refundable, to be not refundable.

• The funds already show up as a credit so it was visible to the customer. It's possible he didn't see it, but I'll make sure Karen makes that point clear in the future if there's ever such issues.

>
    You banned his IP so how could he know?

And if you give him credit at your company which doesnt want to give him service what good does that do?

You just took his money, gave nothing in return and refuse to return it. Pretty clear I guess.

Its funny, refusing to do bussines with someone and giving him "credit" he cant use.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

TimboJones said: Strangely, I understood the broken English better than what you said. It's almost like you missed the entire point that there wasn't a refund. Your sarcasm would have made sense if there was a refund.

If that's the case, the OP did a poor job of communicating it:

Jiuling said: yesterday,they told me that they were also canceled and refunded by the merchant

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited November 2018

Arguing while ignoring/omitting crucial details (Which makes the whole argument pointless then), this is 2018.

• @deank said:
    Arguing while ignoring/omitting crucial details (Which makes the whole argument pointless then), this is 2018.

Millennial times man Millennial times.

• @AuroraZ said:
    Technically he did it by being listing on FR. That would break anyone's rules. He isn't discriminate or anything. He is just following a rule anyone should have and not backing down.

He has already stated if the issue is fixed he will gladly give him service. It's more room then most would give in this situation.

He's also stating that if the user requests a refund or asks Alipay to look into refunding his money that'll give him another Fraud Record entry - when no service was received, nor refund provided.

Even if he is such a bad person that spreads malware on multiple hosts - then there's a chance he could be using a stolen card. In my opinion, I would just cancel and refund the guy - be done with it. Yes, it's a bit of extra work for you but it's the right thing to do.

• This is still going? Damn. <$7 Drama, LET worthy

• Unless it is something you agreed to when you signed up.

At some point people need to learn to read shit and if you don't agree don't fucking sign it.

I don't like shit I don't sign it. Learn to read shit and this might have been avoided. Better 5 buxks and not 100 grand when he gets a house.

Read the contract or TOS/AUP and stop blaming shit on others. 20 Mins saves a lot of shit ans that's all this seems.

• Did they refunded your money? If yes, you have to live with situation, cause their house their rules. You should go with digitalocean, vultr, linode. With customer view, I understood your situation, and I also don't like provider like buyvm and Hetzner... I think they should learn from digitalocean vultr linode which don't blame victim and have a nice way to prevent fraud. But again, their house their rules.

• While I agree refunding the customer in this instance would probably have saved a lot of drama I can't help but feel the order terms should be adhered to/enforced. Though if I was using a buggy payment gateway that made managing, refunding or any other aspect of account management difficult I'd simply just drop them - life's too short.

Refund the guy and be done with the drama.

• @Francisco said:

ScienceOnline said: The payment is traceable, do you really believe that there are other good reasons to keep 5 dollars if not to want to keep them? There are no other credible reasons, if BuyVm does not want that customer and has not provided him services he must give those 5 dollars back, who tells tales to keep $ 5 of which he is not entitled is BuyVm, Francisco can rely on the system he prefers to decide if accepting customers or not, this does not give him the right to take the money for nothing.

The OP is welcome to contact Alipay who'll then reach out to us to discuss the payment. For us, their global system is janky and isn't reliable enough for us to offer refunds through it.

Users have talked to Alipay asking for a refund and we do approve it sometimes. We had a good handful of people over the years trying to get a refund after using the service for 30 days, which got denied, but people that were deserving of one got one.

We went a year or two with the system where we just couldn't login. Receiving payments was fine, deposits to our bank account were fine, API callbacks were also fine. Global webpage itself was broken to a point that they just couldn't help us. We can login now but refunds are still unreliable.

I'll repeat again, the OP's already actively addressing the complaint. His details have already been found by other providers, though, and they may flag him in the future because instead of working to address issues he runs to the forums to start drama. Not a lot of providers want to deal with that.

Be grateful that the issue at hand is being addressed or there could be a handful more threads from him about the exact same issue.

Francisco

Ok, I have a few suggestions about BuyVM.
    1.Please cancel the Alipay payment method directly.
    2.Since you are biased against Chinese customers, it is better to blacklist all Chinese customers and prohibit Chinese customers from visiting your website.
    A person who bought the product of BuyVM with me, he was also canceled and refunded. Was he also submitted for fraud?
    And I know the owner of a sales server merchant who once recharged 200 yuan in your customer center, but the customer center did not show the account. He submitted the work order essay, but was told that he was a scam and BuyVM refused to provide a refund.

• @hanoi said:
    Did they refunded your money? If yes, you have to live with situation, cause their house their rules. You should go with digitalocean, vultr, linode. With customer view, I understood your situation, and I also don't like provider like buyvm and Hetzner... I think they should learn from digitalocean vultr linode which don't blame victim and have a nice way to prevent fraud. But again, their house their rules.

They did not provide a refund, just added the deposit to the balance, but I can't use the deposit to buy any products, so I can see that they refused to provide any refund.

• @Francisco said:

Ympker said: That being said if he asked for a refund at AliPay would you grant it @Francisco

Sure, but i'll absolutely slap another FR record on him for the whole ordeal.

Again, it's in his best interest to fix his issues.

Francisco

I normally agree with things you say, but this is pretty crazy. All this could have been avoided if the refund got processed, meaning this "whole ordeal" wouldn't have been a thing.

If the refunds are clunkly/unreliable, issue it and if it doesn't go through, then surely that is no longer your issue, but the payment processor?

I understand that it's in your TOS and that it would be good for the OP to get his FR cleaned up, but this seems like it could have been sorted a lot easier and without a 4 page thread.

@Jiuling said:
    2.Since you are biased against Chinese customers, it is better to blacklist all Chinese customers and prohibit Chinese customers from visiting your website.

Talk about completely missing the point. After all this discussion, he misses the point.

• Jiuling said: And I know the owner of a sales server merchant who once recharged 200 yuan in your customer center, but the customer center did not show the account. He submitted the work order essay, but was told that he was a scam and BuyVM refused to provide a refund.

Please provide some evidence, or i'm just going to assume you're throwing nonsense out.

• @deank said:

@Jiuling said:

Talk about completely missing the point. After all this discussion, he misses the point.

@deank said:

@Jiuling said:

Yes,BuyVM is always trying to avoid this.

edited November 2018

I guess him being on fraudrecord has merit.

No wonder you are on fraudrecord.

• @deank said:

@Jiuling said:

@deank said:

@Jiuling said:

Yes,BuyVM is always trying to avoid this.> @deank said:

I guess him being on fraudrecord has merit.

No wonder you are on fraudrecord.

I don't know how much money BuyVM will pay you.
    It seems that you are successful.

edited November 2018

I do not trust someone who simply pulls out "Racism" card without merit.

You are doing exactly that.

This whole affair has absolutely nothing to do with race. It all began you not reading ToS, which I don't blame you for who reads that shit anyway, and you being on fraudrecord.

Thanked by 2bugrakoc maverickp
  • @deank said:

But the truth is like this.
    https://i.loli.net/2018/11/19/5bf2cc18ceea9.jpg

• @deank said:

This whole affair has absolutely nothing to do with race. It all began you not reading ToS, which I don't blame you for who reads that shit anyway, and you being on fraudrecord.

@deank said:

I am committing fraud? You are so funny, I have tried to contact LETBOX to find out if anyone who used this IP has been tired of me.

This discussion has been closed.