Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keep away BuyVM and FranTech.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

JiulingJiuling Member
edited November 2018 in General

Yesterday,I bought a Los Vegas VPS and a block storage,which cost me about $5.25.
I paid the bill by Alipay.
Although it's only a little.

But TODAY, when I access the clientarea of FranTech,I was prompted that my IP address was BANNED!
Then I use the proxy to login in the clientarea,and I find my VPS and block storage were canceled!

Next,I submit a ticket for the situation,and I asked my other friends who bought a VPS form FranTech yesterday,they told me that they were also canceled and refunded by the merchant.

When I receive the staff's answer,I was very surprised!
They said that I have had a record of spreading malware.
I can swear that there are not a few VPS I have purchased using this email, and that the purchased VPS has been used normally until it expires normally, and no merchant has prompted me to spread malware.
Including LETBox,HostClean,VirMach,Woothosing etc.
And they refused to provide a refund.

I can't believe that BuyVM will fool me with such a lame reason, I am very disappointed.

The following is the ticker content:

You have been reported for malware distribution which we do not allow.

You made payment with Alipay which we do not grant refunds.
Best of luck with your new provider, we wont be accepting any orders from you.
Karen

Malware distribution is not allowed nor do we accept orders from individuals that have been reported for this type of acts.

I am sorry but we do not refund Alipay payments, clearly displayed on our TOS. https://buyvm.net/terms-of-service/
Karen

As i said, another provider reported you for distributing malware, i never said you had engage on this with us.

Karen

Does BuyVM think that Chinese people are so fool that they think it's very easy to fool us?

Comments

• Good luck with your budget.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Sue them.

Thanked by 2WebProject dfmcvn
  • They in laws.

• @Francisco Please be sure to add this user to FraudRecord.

• Disregarding whether they were right to cancel your order over allegations, keeping your money is absolutely unacceptable. I've never heard of refund refusal based on choice of payment method, that's ridiculously anti-consumer.

• CyberMonday said: Please be sure to add this user to FraudRecord.

Or report to PieNotEaten, its almost the same.

• I have a total of 4 servers from BuyVM/FranTech and i never got any problems with them.
    Ask them for proof

• @darkimmortal said:
    Disregarding whether they were right to cancel your order over allegations, keeping your money is absolutely unacceptable. I've never heard of refund refusal based on choice of payment method, that's ridiculously anti-consumer.

AliPay means China. I wave my middle flagella at all of you.

Thanked by 2bugrakoc tetech
  • Welcome to pre black friday theater!

• @elliotc said:
    Welcome to pre black friday theater!

Weren't you a mod?

I am not a mod.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @deank said:
    I am not a mod.

You still are in my heart.

Vote for Fran in 2020 by the way.

Thanked by 1deathlife23
  • @deank Of course.

• @deank said:
    Vote for Fran in 2020 by the way.

I'm waiting for this @WSS character to return so I can stop getting tagged with him. He gets my vote.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • deank said: I am not a mod.

You can ban some mod if you like. You in laws.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

place your bets:

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2018

Jiuling said: They said that I have had a record of spreading malware

Unfortunately it is now true that people who do this also publicly speak out about how they do not, and how offensive it is that someone would suggest that they do.

That doesn't mean you do or you don't, but it means that merely coming here to give them a bad review is not an accurate indication that you're not guilty of exactly what they turned you away for. It used to be. I've learned that it isn't true anymore. Scammers learned the value of public outrage.

Jiuling said: Does BuyVM think that Chinese people are so fool that they think it's very easy to fool us?

Yes. BuyVM wants to scam Chinese people by giving them their money back when they've been reported by a previous host as a malware distributor. I was laughing about it with Fran the other day. He was telling me all about how he hates money and he's tired of earning it, so he refunded all Chinese users and moved into his parent's basement.

Thanked by 3bugrakoc Wolveix netomx
  • @Jiuling said:

Why?

• @jar said:

Jiuling said: They said that I have had a record of spreading malware

Unfortunately it is now true that people who do this also publicly speak out about how they do not, and how offensive it is that someone would suggest that they do.

Dude accuses malfeasance and maligns based on the fact they're obviously a high-risk client, using AliPay. I wouldn't refund them either, or the other 40,000 who wait for $0.09 first month deals would pull the same shit.

• I don't even know what Francisco can add to this conversation. It's OP's word against BuyVM's.

• HukinHukin Member
    edited November 2018

jar said: jar

Just avoid some words, like Stay Away or Keep Away. in title Just review, without attempts let someone to get action.

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer
  • @Jiuling

View it from the provider's standpoint. How much would it cost to clean up malware if your services were to distribute it? It may not be of your fault, but do understand that they likely got this information from FraudRecord.

You can query this information on the website, or PM me if you want me to have a look.

• From what I'm reading Alipay acts like escrow. You technically never received anything. I'd ask them about what they could do.

The end is already nigh.

Thanked by 3CyberMonday Hukin eol
  • CyberMondayCyberMonday Member
    edited November 2018

@doughmanes said:
    From what I'm reading Alipay acts like escrow.
    You technically never received anything.

The cost of doing business in China.

• At least 8 pages will be filled up shortly.

• Good luck with your budget.

Thanked by 1eol
  • I don't think that the OP will be back to clarify anything. This is one of those "hit and run" posts: having lost, the OP feels that this is his only means to hit back before fading into the Chinese landscape.

This discussion has been closed.