Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keep away BuyVM and FranTech. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Keep away BuyVM and FranTech.

Comments

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    This is not even review or help or whatever it is going offtopic.

So topics such as PMS, headphones, Udemy courses and even "shows like Brooklyn Nine Nine or Modern Family" are okay to discuss under the "General" category, but not an anecdote about a genuine hosting provider?

Thanked by 2kkrajk mfs
  • I've been with Frantech since 2014, and never had any issues whatsoever.

You should contact the host that reported you to fraudrecord and get it cleared up.

As far as the refund.. Just ask if theres an alternative method for them to refund.

• @Jiuling said:
    Yesterday,I bought a Los Vegas VPS and a block storage,which cost me about $5.25.
    I paid the bill by Alipay.
    Although it's only a little.

But TODAY, when I access the clientarea of FranTech,I was prompted that my IP address was BANNED!
    Then I use the proxy to login in the clientarea,and I find my VPS and block storage were canceled!

Next,I submit a ticket for the situation,and I asked my other friends who bought a VPS form FranTech yesterday,they told me that they were also canceled and refunded by the merchant.

When I receive the staff's answer,I was very surprised!
    They said that I have had a record of spreading malware.
    I can swear that there are not a few VPS I have purchased using this email, and that the purchased VPS has been used normally until it expires normally, and no merchant has prompted me to spread malware.
    Including LETBox,HostClean,VirMach,Woothosing etc.
    And they refused to provide a refund.

I can't believe that BuyVM will fool me with such a lame reason, I am very disappointed.

The following is the ticker content:

You have been reported for malware distribution which we do not allow.

You made payment with Alipay which we do not grant refunds.
    Best of luck with your new provider, we wont be accepting any orders from you.
    Karen

Malware distribution is not allowed nor do we accept orders from individuals that have been reported for this type of acts.

I am sorry but we do not refund Alipay payments, clearly displayed on our TOS. https://buyvm.net/terms-of-service/
    Karen

As i said, another provider reported you for distributing malware, i never said you had engage on this with us.

Karen

Does BuyVM think that Chinese people are so fool that they think it's very easy to fool us?

If BuyVM says you are spreading malware, you probably are. I've recently had an influx of bogus abuse reports on my paid VPN servers, and they have always filtered the bogus ones.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2018

@psb777 Ok well this is a name and shame attempt from my pov. Really this could be worked out over tickets. People need to stop running to the LET to post a review or whatever about every little squabble they have with a provider. 99 percent of the time it could be worked out over tickets. Well really those topics should be posted in offtopic.

Thanked by 2Wolveix coreflux
  • PrivacyInfinity said: If BuyVM says you are spreading malware, you probably are.

If your home owners association uses Hotwire as an ISP, which is across the US, they'll accuse you of being a VPN when you don't know or care that Hotwire is giving you an IP of a city 100-200 miles away.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2018

@Francisco Just refund through an alternate payment method and be done with it, eh? :)

For what it's worth in some countries there is a refund period by law (such as 14 days; as e.g. stated by @Ho-ost ) where companies have to refund the customer if eligible. Choosing a specific payment method would probably not remove the refund rights of a customer here in Germany. I've however experienced some hosts, that do NOT refund specific payment methods in the same way, but an alternative way which usually always is bank transfer. Keeping the money however doesn't feel "right" I guess. That's just a feeling though.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

It's pretty simple.

Alipay customers don't get run through Fraudlabs Maxmind, etc. It's common for Chinese users to give nothing but the word "Hong Kong" for city, state, postal code, address. Obviously, that's going to get their account flagged and the order blocked.

We whitelist all Alipay payments like this, in exchange we clearly document in our TOS that you stated you read, that we don't refund payments.

Fraudrecord has a listing for you from a well respected user on these forums. The report to them came through Cloudflare and Malware Portal.

You're welcome to talk to the host that flagged you or to talk with Fraudrecord to clear it up.

Fix that up, and you can have your service. For now it'll sit as credit.

Francisco

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited November 2018

PieNotEvenEaten said: Ok well this is a name and shame attempt from my pov.

Signs up for a service
    Unknowingly pays through a payment provider that is prohibited by TOS from refunds
    Is told he's not welcome on the provider for whatever reason. Never issued or used a service.
    BuyVM keeps the money

Can I have an unofficial "no region area" (maybe I don't want EU customers who whine about their country's stupid laws all the time) policy that isn't documented, I mean if you don't want the Chinese just outright block them rather than play games, and hold their money?

Thanked by 3Ympker jh iKeyZ
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited November 2018

I'd like report Fran for digital murder.

Thanked by 1Wolveix

I've also sent you a copy of the report was made against you.

You're welcome to talk to me on the ticket and sort it out, but Karen's not in the wrong here, she's simply doing what she's paid to do.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Wolveix netomx
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2018

@doughmanes Well he agree'd to the tos. Which it is stated in the TOS no refunds. But I dont agree with the provider holding his money. Well I will move this to General

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2018

@Francisco said:
    It's pretty simple.

Alipay customers don't get run through Fraudlabs Maxmind, etc. It's common for Chinese users to give nothing but the word "Hong Kong" for city, state, postal code, address. Obviously, that's going to get their account flagged and the order blocked.

We whitelist all Alipay payments like this, in exchange we clearly document in our TOS that you stated you read, that we don't refund payments.

Fraudrecord has a listing for you from a well respected user on these forums. The report to them came through Cloudflare and Malware Portal.

You're welcome to talk to the host that flagged you or to talk with Fraudrecord to clear it up.

Fix that up, and you can have your service. For now it'll sit as credit.

Francisco

As long as it's credit and accessible to the customer in some way it's okay I guess. But the customer not seeing his money ever again would not really make the cut here imho. In that case offering him to pay it out as bank transfer (minus any transfer fees if applicable) would be the way to go (in accordance with what @PieNotEvenEaten said). Imagine you ordering something at a host/provider you don't know. Let's say a dedicated server for 100+€/month. Provider then tells you: Well, we don't want you to be our customer, and we do not plan on refunding your payment method. Have a nice day.

edited November 2018

doughmanes said: Never issued or used a service.
    BuyVM keeps the money

We already stated what needs to happen.

The client has a serious report filed against them. They need to resolve it or it's going to bite them again in the future.

It just so happens it landed on my lap, but it could've just as easily planted on anyone elses lap and have a similar outcome.

Francisco

• How do you check your FraudRecord?

From what I've observed over the years, people like OP always claim that they are innocent even after proven guilty. They will keep ordering regardless what the poo ToS says.

Basically, keep throwing poo until something sticks.

In other words, I have absolutely no sympathy for people like OP.

@greattomeetyou said:
    How do you check your FraudRecord?

You would have to use their API to do the lookup.

Still waiting on OP to reply on ticket or on here.

Again, once his record is clear, he's fine to order again.

Francisco

• The OP may be an innocent victim -- we can't determine this.

Nevertheless, innocent people don't generally end up on FraudRecord, and if people do end up on FraudRecord, they're generally not innocent.

edited November 2018

I've seen, so far, two people who got on Fraudrecord who were innocent. They were placed on Fraudrecord by hosts who were pissed at'em.

@angstrom said:
    The OP may be an innocent victim -- we can't determine this.

Nevertheless, innocent people don't generally end up on FraudRecord, and if people do end up on FraudRecord, they're generally not innocent.

It's not uncommon to see people get reported for stupid stuff like "ordered and didn't pay", "didn't pay their newest invoice", "didn't cancel properly", crap like that.

That's why you have to actually read their whole report card.

As stated, the reports are from a respected member of this community so I have no reason to doubt it. It's possible the OP isn't the one distributing the malware and it was their service getting compromised, but they need to talk to Fraudrecord/the host and clear that up.

Francisco

Thanked by 1coreflux

Well, not paying any "valid" invoice is indeed fraud.

Not meeting cancellation policy usually leads to an extra invoice not being paid, so those two are related.

• @Francisco said: It's not uncommon to see people get reported for stupid stuff like "ordered and didn't pay", "didn't pay their newest invoice", "didn't cancel properly", crap like that.

That's why you have to actually read their whole report card.

I see what you mean, but providers can and do legitimately differ with respect to such issues (so I echo what @deank said here).

Nonetheless, you're certainly right that the content of the report card should be the crucial factor, as opposed to the mere existence of a report card.

Thanked by 2Francisco coreflux
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@angstrom said:

Nonetheless, you're certainly right that the content of the report card should be the crucial factor, as opposed to the mere existence of a report card.

I am not sure how FraudRecord works, is there a score to determine how serious the problem is? A host can then automatically choose to set a threshold that decide to reject or not.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@FAT32 said:

@angstrom said:

I am not sure how FraudRecord works, is there a score to determine how serious the problem is? A host can then automatically choose to set a threshold that decide to reject or not.

Some hosts set stuff like "ran bitcoin miner" as maximum score leaving no way to differentiate someone ignoring ToS and ROKSO spammer other than reading the reports.

So yeah you do need to read the reports.

Thanked by 2FAT32 doughmanes

@FAT32 said:

@angstrom said:

But what if someone flags their no invoice pay as the biggest offense in the history of offenses?

A host should be reading report cards, they're normally short and to the point. It takes you well under a minute.

Francisco

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @FAT32 said:

@angstrom said:

Yes. Example:
    https://i.gyazo.com/3c37f788eaa1cf12c183c159eb8a1e04.png

The issue that Francisco was referring to is mostly due to Proaxxxs:
    https://i.gyazo.com/67fe04d0684f4951f0ff65e2e15e0839.png

Thanked by 1FAT32
    edited November 2018

vovler said: The issue that Francisco was referring to is mostly due to Proaxxxs:
    https://i.gyazo.com/67fe04d0684f4951f0ff65e2e15e0839.png

What a bunch of knobs.

Francisco

Thanked by 2dedotatedwam trewq

You can always ask your girlfriend to get the hell out of your home cuz there is no contact between you and the gal.

If she is your wife tho, you can't simply ask her to get the hell out. There is the marriage contract.

Wait, why am I typing this? Welp.

Thanked by 1estnoc
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited November 2018

@deank said:
    Well, not paying any "valid" invoice is indeed fraud.

Not meeting cancellation policy usually leads to an extra invoice not being paid, so those two are related.

A lot of hosts don't have specific policies about "cancel by nonpayment" but typically I only see complaints about that with German and European providers who do specify these terms and the customer has not read them.

@deank said:
    You can always ask your girlfriend to get the hell out of your home cuz there is no contact between you and the gal.

If she is your wife tho, you can't simply ask her to get the hell out. There is the marriage contract.

Wait, why am I typing this? Welp.

Problems at home?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Right, I thought the fraud is a list where the provider can select from. Maybe each hosting company should have a limit on how many records they can submit on each particular.

Looking at FraudRecord reminds me of blockchain, would Harzem wants to make this into Blockchain? It would be great and ensure integrity.

edited November 2018

Like everything, in the beginning, FraudRecord was a good idea and a good concept.

But, as with everything, few ruin the fun. I recall kiddie (summer/winter) hosts putting customers (who were cancelling) on FraudRecord to exact revenge.

In other words, FraudRecord is not 100% trustworthy. But, when you are in this shithole long enough, you can smell the scent.

This discussion has been closed.