Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keep away BuyVM and FranTech. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Keep away BuyVM and FranTech.

Comments

• @darkimmortal said:
    Disregarding whether they were right to cancel your order over allegations, keeping your money is absolutely unacceptable. I've never heard of refund refusal based on choice of payment method, that's ridiculously anti-consumer.

It's quite common.

PayPal Subscription payments are the most popular refund refusal due to the fees associated with a refund (or used to be) as well as cryptocurrency not having an easily accessible refund gateway (+ the fees). No idea about alipay tho.

• I swear 80% of posters on this forum are monkeys.

1. Person ordered a server and paid
    2. They ban his IP so he couldnt even contact them
    3. They refuse to refund money - theft

People on this forum belive laws are made by people with proxmox selling VPS, thats not the case. You cant justify theft by putting "we dont refund alipay" on your website. There are other ways to return money if for whatever reason you cant use alipay.

But ofcourse everyone here jumps on fran's dick first chance they get. And that karen lady sounds like a bitch, true to the meme.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @Jiuling

View it from the provider's standpoint. How much would it cost to clean up malware if your services were to distribute it? It may not be of your fault, but do understand that they likely got this information from FraudRecord.

You can query this information on the website, or PM me if you want me to have a look.

This never happened so why are you making full stories out of it? If if if if

• @drizbo said:
    I swear 80% of posters on this forum are monkeys.

..and you're one of them. Dude obviously used a proxy to bypass fraud, was already warned (I've never heard of anyone being terminated without a warning), and eventually so caustic that they told him to fuck off.

Having a service is a privilege, not a goddamn right.

• @drizbo said:

People on this forum belive laws are made by people with proxmox selling VPS, thats not the case. You cant justify theft by putting "we dont refund alipay" on your website. There are other ways to return money if for whatever reason you cant use alipay.

But ofcourse everyone here jumps on fran's dick first chance they get. And that karen lady sounds like a bitch, true to the meme.

The OP accepted the TOS.
    While I don't necessarily agree with the practice of not refunding the OP should have known better.

• @drizbo said:

Even top companies will not refund through an alternative payment method, due to their own policies.

At the very least though, maybe OP should of had an email about the situation before contacting support.

Theft can be justified. For example, @deank stole my heart and there was no return policy, that's my bad for agreeing to that. (That's my funny for the day)

Although, if this was a payment method and customer within an area where 14-30 days guarantees are required by law, this would probably be a different situation.

Thanked by 2Ympker Wolveix
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Of course we are all monkeys. Our DNA with them is 99% identical.

• luissousaluissousa Member
    edited November 2018

@CyberMonday said:

@drizbo said:

..and you're one of them. Dude obviously used a proxy to bypass fraud, was already warned (I've never heard of anyone being terminated without a warning), and eventually so caustic that they told him to fuck off.

Having a service is a privilege, not a goddamn right.

Just please, fucking please, stop assuming. You never heard of anyone being terminated without a warning because you clearly did not know the Aldryics' BuyVM.

I swear you don't know shit what you're talking about.

• @luissousa said:
    I swear you don't know a shit what you're talking about.

Good luck with your budget.

• LOL!

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2018

This is not even review or help or whatever it is going offtopic. I doubt fran wants your money that bad. So lets do this @Jiuling do you paypal? Maybe there can be exception on getting a refund via alipay. @Francisco

• @Jiuling

Sent you a PM on it.

• doughmanes said: From what I'm reading Alipay acts like escrow.

There are two modes, escrow and direct transfer. While I've never and probably won't use FranTech, my bet is they're using the latter which is non-disputable. That said, it should be easily refundable via Alipay.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited November 2018

luissousa said: stop assuming

The proxy part is not assumption. The assumption is that OP used the proxy because he was refused service previously, which is not a wild idea. Also Aldryic doesn't work at BuyVM anymore according to Fran.

Jiuling said: Then I use the proxy to login in the clientarea

• drizbo said: And that karen lady sounds like a bitch, true to the meme.

Calling Aldyric "Amy" was too obvious so they went with Karen. Still same fedora bursting snarky ragey comments.

Thanked by 1Yura

What OP doesn't know that nowadays negative reviews attract customers.

• @psb777 said:

doughmanes said: From what I'm reading Alipay acts like escrow.

There are two modes, escrow and direct transfer. While I've never and probably won't use FranTech, my bet is they're using the latter which is non-disputable. That said, it should be easily refundable via Alipay.

It could just be a question of effort=money/time that they don't necessarily want to spend on someone they believe is fraudulent

• YuraYura Member
    edited November 2018

@doughmanes said:

drizbo said: And that karen lady sounds like a bitch, true to the meme.

Calling Aldyric "Amy" was too obvious so they went with Karen. Still same fedora bursting snarky ragey comments.

According to German law his/her PMS is not illegal.

Thanked by 4eol mfs Falzo bugrakoc
  • I checked the FraudRecord,and I find that I was reported by Letbox,because I use the domain veterangeek.com to spreading malware.
    But I have never had this domain name.
    And I only run wget -qO- bench.sh | bash and speedtest-cli on their VPS.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2018

I'm sure they have a good reason, they also don't refund Bitcoin which I don't either. Ton of abuse and it's not easy if you accept it through companies like Bitpay (I don't hold any coin), you have to send them a bank transfer or something. After I changed my policy to not refund BTC, abuse through it went down probably 80% and I got a bunch of free money from people trying to host botnet controllers and mail spam. I think OP should find out why he is on FraudRecord in the first place, if it's legit then nothing's wrong, if it's false he should contact the old host to resolve it.

@Jiuling said:
    I checked the FraudRecord,and I find that I was reported by Letbox,because I use the domain veterangeek.com to spreading malware.

If you didn't have the server long maybe it was a delayed abuse report or blacklist from someone who used the IP previously. Contact the host or FR.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee

The plot loosens.

Thanked by 2Wolveix netomx
  • @vovler said:

The proxy part is not assumption. The assumption is that OP used the proxy because he was refused service previously, which is not a wild idea. Also Aldryic doesn't work at BuyVM anymore.

First, it was not really an assumption but a call to arms. "Dude obviously" cause Cyber Monday is the king. Secondly, Aldryic no longer works there but the company is the same. They've done it in the past without warnings and will continue to do it, it's probably part of not wanting business with China.

The only issue here is not refunding the guy.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Sounds like you need to reach out to Fraud Record in order to have this rectified in that case.

• @Jiuling said:
    I checked the FraudRecord,and I find that I was reported by Letbox,because I use the domain veterangeek.com to spreading malware.

Then your issue is with Letbox

edited November 2018

No, it's Fran's fault. It's all Fran's fault. OP says so.

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • https://urlhaus.abuse.ch/host/www.veterangeek.com only malware listing seems like what you'd find on a compromised WP install.

• @luissousa said:

@vovler said:

The proxy part is not assumption. The assumption is that OP used the proxy because he was refused service previously, which is not a wild idea. Also Aldryic doesn't work at BuyVM anymore.

First, it was not really an assumption but a call to arms. "Dude obviously" cause Cyber Monday is the king. Secondly, Aldryic no longer works there but the company is the same. They've done it in the past without warnings and will continue to do it, it's probably part of not wanting business with China.

The only issue here is not refunding the guy.

Oh,sure.
    You can try to trade with some Russian merchants.
    I have already experienced an event that has been raised by $500, and I have been delayed by them for two months before I hand it over to me.

• @doughmanes said:
    https://urlhaus.abuse.ch/host/www.veterangeek.com only malware listing seems like what you'd find on a compromised WP install.

Seems to be moving a lot.

• @doughmanes said:
    https://urlhaus.abuse.ch/host/www.veterangeek.com only malware listing seems like what you'd find on a compromised WP install.

This domain name is not mine, I have never had this domain name, and it has not been resolved to the IP of my VPS.

At the moment, perhaps no.

This discussion has been closed.