Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members. - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members.

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said:
    tbh this situation is so utterly bizarre, it would be well worth everyone's while waiting for some sort of comment from them.

According to their TOS they arent allowed to register here to comment though.

• LeeLee Veteran

AnthonySmith said: it would be well worth everyone's while waiting for some sort of comment from them.

Not sure I can keep all the torches burning for much longer.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I don’t see how anyone who cares about their business would move providers because of a change in forum rules. Maybe if you solely rely on LET for sales, but then you have a completely different problem on your hands.

Nothing will be changing for me

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@SpeedyKVM - Last Active 10:57AM (11 minutes ago)
    @ryanarp - Last Active 11:04AM (4 minutes ago)

What's your response to all this? My popcorn is getting cold.

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    I don’t see how anyone who cares about their business would move providers because of a change in forum rules. Maybe if you solely rely on LET for sales, but then you have a completely different problem on your hands.

Nothing will be changing for me

I don't see how anyone who cares about their online interactions would move forums because of a change in provider rules. Maybe if you solely rely on Incero for hosting, but then you have a completely different problem on your hands.

• dynamodynamo Member
    edited February 2018

@AnthonySmith said: but I don't think its fair to say people using them have no principals.

Thats not what I meant. Incero provides a stable and reliable service to its clients. Its a business requirement which overshadows everything else. If any client of Incero were to take a principled stand (not just against this ToS change but the generally pungent attitude they throw around), they could switch to a different upstream. But thats not gonna happen for very justified reasons Jarland cited. Its just business and there are no principles involved here (doesn't imply that they have no principles). They just prefer not to invoke them where business is at stake. Its as simple as that.

Thanked by 1jar
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

I apparently am no longer a provider here, so I can only assume that LET is doing the same thing that Incero is doing and putting the provider hammer on anyone who associate themselves with a specific website. I am just laughing at the irony.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2018

dynamo said: Uptime and reliability are business requirements not principles

k, thanks for that... I guess? Happy to argue the dictionary on another day. :P

• @ryanarp said:
    I apparently am no longer a provider here, so I can only assume that LET is doing the same thing that Incero is doing and putting the provider hammer on anyone who associate themselves with a specific website. I am just laughing at the irony.

To be fair (and childish), [child voice] they started it[/voice]

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ryanarp said: I apparently am no longer a provider here, so I can only assume that LET is doing the same thing that Incero is doing and putting the provider hammer on anyone who associate themselves with a specific website. I am just laughing at the irony.

There are many ways to deal with this, approaching the community with a shitty attitude after you guys gave us all a royal "fuck you" is probably not the best way.

I have responded to your PM and happy to continue it there to conclusion rather than get 200 differing opinions in to a pissing contest here, assuming you have the authority to speak for Incero that is.

Thanked by 3Yura risharde iKeyZ
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited February 2018

AnthonySmith said: there is no sentiment in business

But you put your face and attach your name to it. Business shouldn't be driven by emotions (albeit sometime it is) but it shouldn't and can't be just "mere numbers" disregarding anything else.

The date in Incero ToS seems matching the date of this thread, @gisadik made and deleted offers. Something happened there and it was the last strew? Who knows, but they're unnecessarily making a pretty bad PR, even if

gisadik said: All press is good press when it comes to selling VPS.

A provider that doesn't actively seek drama and that doesn't throw a tantrum to a community will be always preferred in my book, no matter their price/uptime ratio.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I'm a little confused.

@ryanarp - in my experience a standup guy who runs CatalystHost. I've been their customer for several years. Service has been great, and the one time I had a minor billing issue, it was resolved within a few hours with good customer service. Ironically, I just recommended CatalystHost's LEB specials to a colleague looking for a good Dallas VPN yesterday.

OTOH, with Incero, SpeedyKVM, etc. there always seems to be drama. Never been a user of their services. Now this dick move. I'm surprised Ryan is associated with them, just based on (a) Ryan being a good guy in my experience and (b) this being a dick move.

If Incero doesn't want the LEB market, fine - stop selling at those prices. How hard is that?

BTW, it's pretty lame they can't even spell out the name of the site...

Well I have a good idea on how to resolve this fully and in way that everyone gets what they want and Incero hosts remain without impact or penalty hopefully Ryan has the authority to discuss it.

edited February 2018

raindog308 said: @ryanarp - in my experience a standup guy who runs CatalystHost

I like how quickly he was stripped of his provider tag on that account too, knowing that he doesn't post for Incero on that account and that Catalyst started as just another customer of Incero. Other providers using Incero haven't been stripped yet. Seems like someone got mad.

I always expected that though, that someone somewhere (not Anthony or you, but I'm sure someone) would jump in and try to overcompensate for areas where I was accused of favoritism. That, I think, was inevitable. In hindsight, I wish I'd spent more time playing favorites for my least favorites, so they could be treated unequally in compensation as well. I'd have a good laugh then.

edited February 2018

jarland said: I like how quickly he was stripped of his provider tag on that account too, knowing that he doesn't post for Incero on that account and that Catalyst started as just another customer of Incero. Other providers using Incero haven't been stripped yet. Seems like someone got mad.

As I just explained to Ryan in a PM, all that was done before I even woke up, not having the intimate knowledge of the relationship you have it is fair to assume this was just confusion and Ryan = Incero.

AnthonySmith said: all that was done before I even woke up

I would never expect such an uneven approach from you.

jarland said: I would never expect such an uneven approach from you.

I mean i did not do it, I was asleep literally.

Anyway as its the catalyst host account which technically is not Incero I see I have restored the tag while I discuss it.

Thanked by 1jar

AnthonySmith said: I mean i did not do it, I was asleep literally.

Sorry, I should rephrase. I would never expect it, therefore I did not at any time suspect it of you.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith netomx
  • I say this as a satisfied (but super low paying) CatalystHost customer for 5 years - I don't get how you can separate CatalystHost Ryan from Gordon's right hand man Ryan.

People can do stuff in their personal life that's totally unrelated to their employer, but with Catalyst using Incero's services how are you ever going to possibly satisfy everyone that they're totally separate things?

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM

lbft said: People can do stuff in their personal life that's totally unrelated to their employer, but with Catalyst using Incero's services how are you ever going to possibly satisfy everyone that they're totally separate things?

Satisfy everyone? That would be an unreasonable goal in any case. But take a look at me: Can you separate me from my day job? Can you consider MXroute separate from it, even though some of MXroute's infrastructure sits on servers owned by my day job? I make decisions at my day job, therefore there is no difference between that company and my own, right?

I don't think you can logically arrive there as a universal truth. You can suggest that there's no separation, you can suspect that there's no separation, but you can't say that there's no separation as a universal logical truth.

Thanked by 3MikePT FrankZ Junkless

I am getting confused now, genuinely, its like the "it was not me in the sex tape it was hulk hogan defense."

Have I had it wrong all along, is speedykvm Ryan and catalyst host Ryan the same person or not?

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

I think its fair to take away their provider tags and not allow any more offers from then on LET me LEB, plus maybe a ban. I have thought about it mutiple times and still think that no providers who have services with them should be punished. That would be a bit unfair in my opinion.

The ToS basically says screw LET and LEB, the numbers and viewers are all just a pain, we don't need them, dont buy from us.

Thanked by 2MikePT SpeedyKVM
    edited February 2018

AnthonySmith said: Have I had it wrong all along, is speedykvm Ryan and catalyst host Ryan the same person or not?

Of course they are, but @ryanarp is an autonomous individual who runs his own small business. He's employed by the owner of SpeedyKVM and he represented that brand on @SpeedyKVM_Ryan.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
    edited February 2018

To be fair though @Jarland, you are not operating 2 - 3 separate accounts at the same time here (I think)

The point I am making is that if they are the same person I don't really give a shit which account he is currently logged in to, him, the person you can poke with a spoon is the same person so should be able to speak for Incero regardless.

Thanked by 2Lee Yura

@AnthonySmith said:
    To be fair though @Jarland, you are not operating 2 - 3 separate accounts at the same time here (I think)

At some point in time, the twitter account for my day job was run by me. At that time, that account and @jarland were the same person. But can you separate between the two? Absolutely.

Ryan asked for that account to be changed to @SpeedyKVM and I assumed, at the time, that was let that account be potentially shared for representing the brand instead of just being dedicated to him personally while representing the brand.

jarland said: Ryan asked for that account to be changed to @SpeedyKVM and I assumed, at the time, that was let that account be potentially shared for representing the brand instead of just being dedicated to him personally while representing the brand.

OK then, so he can talk for speedykvm and Incero then, the fact he chose to login with his catalyst host account then say i cant talk for Incero seems a bit odd but maybe he has a gun to his head or something.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • AnthonySmith said: To be fair though @Jarland, you are not operating 2 - 3 separate accounts at the same time here (I think)

Wait until you find out he's actually CentrioHost.

edited February 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

jarland said: Ryan asked for that account to be changed to @SpeedyKVM and I assumed, at the time, that was let that account be potentially shared for representing the brand instead of just being dedicated to him personally while representing the brand.

OK then, so he can talk for speedykvm and Incero then, the fact he chose to login with his catalyst host account then say i cant talk for Incero seems a bit odd but maybe he has a gun to his head or something.

I suspect he's been asked not to.

jarland said: I suspect he's been asked not to.

Well I have sent a proposal, he can pass it on.

• @jarland said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I suspect he's been asked not to.

Very likely. Might suck for him but i guess we all know there is very little to gain from any statement here for the parties that are the topic of this thread.

This discussion has been closed.