Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members. - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

AnthonySmith said: consider this from a perspective outside of your own,

MikePT said: before hearing from the Providers

MikePT said: You're not thinking of the Providers

MikePT said: I am simply stating my opinion

MikePT said: I just don't want you to force my opinion

MikePT said: I use their services

• SamPSamP Member
    edited February 2018

Seems like they want to get rid of the customers who used their LET coupon code, which is not making much profit for speedykvm. When i used to have server with them when they just started off, for every ticket i create their reply comes with a side message like they are not a cheap host where i should belong to and had to drop them when this continued 3-4 times later, having learned that i wont be treated nice as i signed up for one of their nicest deal at that time, a deal which were not much profit to them.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

@MikePT said:

AnthonySmith said: Again, I am not the root cause or the catalyst here, take it up with Gordon and wind your neck in.

Gordon didn't say he wouldn't allow any LET member to use their network. They stated they do not want LET members to order directly from Incero. That's what I perceive from what they have in their ToS.

AnthonySmith said: I make a decision you like and your all over it, I make a decision you don't like and you have a pissy fit, grow up take a step back, consider this from a perspective outside of your own, I make decisions based on the community not individuals.

You made up that decision before hearing from the Providers that are using their network.
    You're not thinking of the Providers that use their services, you're trying to be radical and implementing a rule that does not make sense. I am simply stating my opinion, you either accept it or not. I just don't want you to force my opinion to change either, nor to have you tell me that you can deactivate my account so I can use their services again.

I use their services, while I do not resell those, and am more than happy to do so.

You are a LET member, are you not? This new entry in their ToS would also apply to you?

What I presume Anthony is doing is showing how stupid their ToS update is. I'm sure they'll reword it once they realise the general reaction here (not just Anthony's) - and then all is back to normal.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • LeeLee Veteran

jackb said: I'm sure they'll reword it once they realise the general reaction here

$1 says they don't.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 2018

jackb said: You are a LET member, are you not? This new entry in their ToS would also apply to you?

No, we do not offer any service that runs @ Incero. MXroute.io runs on Clouvider where we only sell MailChannels.

Edit: sorry @jackb, misunderstood. This wouldn't apply to MXroute.io.

jackb said: What I presume Anthony is doing is showing how stupid their ToS update is. I'm sure they'll reword it once they realise the general reaction here (not just Anthony's) - and then all is back to normal.

Agreed with that, I just don't think it's right to impact the Providers that use Incero.

Anyway, done here. Stated my opinion, and I and @AnthonySmith disagree, which is fine, different point of views, completely acceptable on a community.

• SamPSamP Member
    edited February 2018

angstrom said:
    For some reason, I thought that @gisadik was Gordon

In gisAdik, g for gordon,, is that the reason? :P

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @SamP said:

angstrom said:

In gisadik, g for gordon,, is that the reason? :P

For a while, I simply wasn't sure how to relate the trio Gordon/Ryan/Gisadik to each other.

By the way, which one of these three is a good friend of @jarland's?

Also, is @ryanarp the same guy as @SpeedyKVM_Ryan?

Also, if accounts are never deleted, why is @SpeedyKVM_Ryan's account no longer existing?

So many questions, so little time.

Just name changes I belive which are fine.

• JackHJackH Member
    edited February 2018

There once was a man named Gordon,
    Who some considered a moron,
    Hormonal he was,
    With so many flaws,
    Something something WTF was Gordon thinking!?!?! something...

I'm bad at limericks...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@angstrom said:

@SamP said:

angstrom said:

In gisadik, g for gordon,, is that the reason? :P

For a while, I simply wasn't sure how to relate the trio Gordon/Ryan/Gisadik to each other.

By the way, which one of these three is a good friend of @jarland's?

Also, is @ryanarp the same guy as @SpeedyKVM_Ryan?

Also, if accounts are never deleted, why is @SpeedyKVM_Ryan's account no longer existing?

So many questions, so little time.

I changed the name to @SpeedyKVM by request. Didn't think it would be a big deal, seemed to me like it would be obvious to anyone looking.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Just name changes I belive which are fine.

Gordon/Ryan/Gisadik are name changes? ;-)

• What I have in mind at this time ...

• I think its fair to block incero offers until intent is clearly declared. Right now, that new TOS clause gives them a wide range to block people, including impacting their resellers.

Some are saying "this doesn't say resellers/providers are impacted". Normally a fair assumption. This is Gordon though, and that throws all fairness out the window. He has no care for the impacts his actions cause, to direct customers and resellers. If he doesn't like you, like the way you write a support request or even the way you look at him, your gone.

Gordon is blatently saying he does not want business from LET. Anthony's decision supports that direction as the TOS is currently amended.

Thanked by 1ucxo

Probably, also if you use twitter as of 2018 you cant buy from vultr.

Thanked by 2kkrajk MasonR
  • ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited February 2018

(Late to the party but)

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Probably, also if you use twitter as of 2018 you cant buy from vultr.

Wtf? Now that's an odd thing to do to some one.

• Just wondering.. what is the total member count on LET?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I don't see how this is any different from refusing customers from China. It's their choice.

• @kkrajk said:
    Just wondering.. what is the total member count on LET?

1 billion 375 thousand 239.1

Thanked by 2kkrajk Aidan
  • AuroraZ said: 1 billion 375 thousand 239.1

And somebody's got to wake u up....

• @kkrajk said:

AuroraZ said: 1 billion 375 thousand 239.1

And somebody's got to wake u up....

I'm wide awake have been for a few days now.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • Just wondering.. what is the total member count on LET?

Cluster Error

• #members

• @AnthonySmith I just think whatever the decision is with Incero based providers/offers shouldn't be instant. You should give them some time to move away if that's the path they choose or make other decisions. Honestly I'd be sad to see a couple of good providers leave like impactvps (who's purely on Incero) and drserver's Dallas location be impacted by this, especially immediately. Perhaps a month or two's time for the providers to make the decisions and perform the actions?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2018

@TheOnlyDK said:
    @AnthonySmith I just think whatever the decision is with Incero based providers/offers shouldn't be instant. You should give them some time to move away if that's the path they choose or make other decisions. Honestly I'd be sad to see a couple of good providers leave like impactvps (who's purely on Incero) and drserver's Dallas location be impacted by this, especially immediately. Perhaps a month or two's time for the providers to make the decisions and perform the actions?

Frankly, any providers uprooting their customers over a drama thread don't deserve my dollars. No provider who takes themselves or their customers seriously is migrating because of this knee-jerk policy (whether it's appropriate or not), it obviously doesn't impact them and is a decision made purely out of principle. Uptime and reliability are much higher value principles.

I say this as someone who, frankly, can only be hurt by it on Black Friday and that's too far in the future to be concerned. I don't need to make offer posts, I mostly feel like someone without a horse in the race for now. But as a buyer, I'd prefer stability over knee-jerk reactions.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2018

TheOnlyDK said: Perhaps a month or two's time for the providers to make the decisions and perform the actions?

Nobody is closing them down, just removing offers related to Incero location, the actual effect for anyone is really next to nothing. Why would they need months?

• @Lee said:
    What this allows them to do is instantly ban anyone on let who make a complaint on let about them for no other reason than being a member in line with their terms.

I completely agree because of the above.. it seems it's been done so if anyone reports a problem they have had with the service on LET - even if genuine, they can just close the account showing their terms - pretty scummy to be honest.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited February 2018

@jarland said:

@TheOnlyDK said:
    @AnthonySmith I just think whatever the decision is with Incero based providers/offers shouldn't be instant. You should give them some time to move away if that's the path they choose or make other decisions. Honestly I'd be sad to see a couple of good providers leave like impactvps (who's purely on Incero) and drserver's Dallas location be impacted by this, especially immediately. Perhaps a month or two's time for the providers to make the decisions and perform the actions?

Frankly, any provider uprooting their customers over a drama thread don't deserve my dollars. No provider who takes themselves or their customers seriously is migrating because of this knee-jerk policy (whether it's appropriate or not), it obviously doesn't impact them and is a decision made purely out of principle. Uptime and reliability are much higher value principles.

Not saying providers must migrate, but they should be given the option to consider. Migrate or not is the decision of the provider and whether or not that's a right move will be beyond me. But banning them instantly without giving them a chance doesn't seem right to me.

My personal experience with the Incero support has been terrible, but with the Incero network has always been solid. I'm not biased in any way.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @jarland said: Uptime and reliability are much higher value principles.

Uptime and reliability are business requirements not principles. You wouldn't be giving your dollar to a company like Incero if it were for principles.

Thanked by 5iKeyZ Lee imok Yura netomx

Well, you know, there is no sentiment in business and all that but I don't think its fair to say people using them have no principals.

tbh this situation is so utterly bizarre, it would be well worth everyone's while waiting for some sort of comment from them.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
This discussion has been closed.