Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members. - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members.

Comments

• @mfs said:
    The date in Incero ToS seems matching the date of this thread, @gisadik made and deleted offers.

Oh shit. And I'm still thinking to buy that server :P

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

I have suggested that i simply kill all links and off topic all offers by incero/speedykvm/wabble (yes that's a pita to do but I will do it) and remove provider tags from any direct incero brand and they remove that from their terms.

This is in response to the apparent reason being that they want to discourage LET members from signing up, clearly what I am proposing will be significantly more effective than putting a big FU to the community in their terms which they have no real way of checking.

If they agree to this, the situation is over and everyone gets what they want, we can then obviously accept this was just a self preservation move rather than intended as an insult to the community that has likely directly and indirectly lined their pockets for years.

Obviously if Gordon chooses to ignore this it can only be taken as a middle finger with foot stamping which will be met in kind.

• @MasonR said: My popcorn is getting cold.

Cold popcorn is okay as long as you didn't butter it.

In any case, I don't see Gordon himself coming to LET to explain anything. At best, Ryan will act as an intermediary, and any discussion will be in PM.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Could we block the AS 54540 for the lols?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2018

AnthonySmith said: I have suggested

Seems like a reasonable trade off.

p.s - Since when could people have a personal account and a provider account active at the same time?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2018

This could have been good for their customers in that providers using their services wouldn't be competing with speedykvm or wable. They're not going to be interested in settling this, and LET will have drawn a line in the sand to discourage provider interaction, the direct opposite of any mission to improve the community.

I probably would have made the same decision short term, but I'd back down on the idea of keeping people like Alex from posting offers out of spite.

I realize I have services there and that colors my opinion. Honestly not posting an offer doesn't hurt me until Black Friday, I have a lot of time to kill before a win on that front would be beneficial to me. I also have servers elsewhere, I'm sure I could get around it fine. But my opinion will be viewed as not objective and I do accept that.

But I do think that is a decision that will be ultimately reversed to not discourage provider presence. Let's face it, that'll always be the meat here.

Thanked by 2vimalware MikePT
  • @AnthonySmith said: and remove provider tags from any direct incero brand

What counts as a "direct Incero brand"? Incero and SpeedyKVM? How about Ryan's Catalyst Host?

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @jarland said: Honestly not posting an offer doesn't hurt me until Black Friday,

Perhaps mxroute.com doesn't count as a "direct Incero brand".

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@angstrom said:

@jarland said: Honestly not posting an offer doesn't hurt me until Black Friday,

Yeah but as of right now I couldn't post an offer.

• I got two comments (not that my opinion matters arround here but).
    First, I agree with
    @jarland
    and
    @MikePt
    That the hosters who are using the dc should not be effected because it's sort of unfare and it isn't easy to switch dc's. I found migrating from one server to another to be a pain in the ass I can't imagine what a nightmare it would be to migrate many servers with subservers inside them.

Thanked by 2MikePT MrPsycho
  • I understand expectations around here can be way too high. Personally, I wouldn't ever want to do hosting even if I got 50 years of sys admin experience. Too much work unless I get millions of venture capital funds.
    Somebody above said it best when they said that it was sort of like banning anyone who made a new social media account. Much of the negative pr could have been avoided if they did not post offers and call it recurring and then one year later or when the term is up change the price. Might as well post it as a non-recurring discount and fuck anyone who complains. You wouldn't get a pr disaster at least. Or just post the real price if you don't want .
    I understand that costs change frequently in business like the cost of power, bandwith, ssd's, and so on could go up but too often the recurring price changes near when the term ends.

• This is what i have received from speedykvm: LET users come with a high rate of abuse and illegal torrenting, we just don't want to waste any more time with that type of client. Life is too short to get hung up on unimportant things or drama. Thank you. With this response, you just cannot blame the entire community.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • crpatelcrpatel Member
    edited February 2018

And they have banned my email too. Seriously? How do they measure whether new signup came from LET or somewhere else?

Thanked by 2risharde geekalot
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

crpatel said: And they have banned my email too. Seriously?

Are you from India ? They had banned Indians from ordering in incero , not so long ago .

I have been banned and unbanned one time at least . They treat customers as shit, period !!

• @jarland said:

@angstrom said:

@jarland said: Honestly not posting an offer doesn't hurt me until Black Friday,

Yeah but as of right now I couldn't post an offer.

I probably missed the crucial post, but I thought that at the moment, no such prohibition is yet in place, at least not until Gordon is given a chance to reply, and even then, the definition of "direct Incero brand" still has to be clarified. (But perhaps I'm wrong about this.)

• hostdare said: I have been banned and unbanned one time at least . They treat customers as shit, period !!

No, they just don't want to waste any more time with that type of client.

edited February 2018

hzr said: No, they just don't want to waste any more time with that type of client.

why run then promo with such cheap pricing so you can attract such lowend clients and once you get the money , try to increase cost just before the term end ?

They are probably looking for customers from heavens .

• @hostdare said:

crpatel said: And they have banned my email too. Seriously?

Are you from India ? They had banned Indians from ordering in incero , not so long ago .

I have been banned and unbanned one time at least . They treat customers as shit, period !!

Yep, I am from India. They just cannot blame blindly! IF YOU CANNOT DEAL WITH YOUR CUSTOMER, SHUT YOUR BUSINESS AND MOVE FORWARD. Why don't they advertise like, INDIANS cannot submit a new order?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2018

Banning existing providers who have been part of the community for sometime and currently hosting out of Incero from making offers just isn’t cricket, IMO.

Ban Incero, ban new sellers using them, stick it in the rules that anything Incero is worse than Hitler; don’t hurt the guys who were here long before any of this childishness began.

Ultimately, whoever instigated this at Incero is a nob-end, and their toys-out-of-the-pram moment shouldn’t be allowed to affect the livelihood of folks who had zero to do with this spat.

• Just wondering, how many from here are speedykvm and incero's customers?

• We knew that is what they would say. With all the drama threads on here you can even see why.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited February 2018

hostdare said: why run then promo with such cheap pricing so you can attract such lowend clients and once you get the money , try to increase cost just before the term end ?

Promos are to give legitimate business users an introduction, not for bottom feeding leeches to sign up and cancel after trial.

Nekki said: Ultimately, whoever instigated this at Incero is a nob-end, and their toys-out-of-the-peak moment shouldn’t be allowed to affect the livelihood of folks who had zero to do with this spat.

I'm assuming it was not ryan that started this

Thanked by 2lazyt MikePT

crpatel said: Why don't they advertise like, INDIANS cannot submit a new order?

It was there in live chat not so long ago , I have seen many times .

• @hostdare said:

crpatel said: Why don't they advertise like, INDIANS cannot submit a new order?

It was there in live chat not so long ago , I have seen many times .

If such is the case, then it must be a pathetic company to do business with.

hzr said: Promos are to give legitimate business users an introduction, not for bottom feeding leeches to sign up and cancel after trial.

ok agree , but then do not setup price as recurring when you run as promo ? all hosts tell this upfront . This is pure bait and switch which is running for a quite a few years . Search in google will tell you the same

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • crpatel said: If such is the case, then it must be a pathetic company to do business with.

You're also not making a good case for anyone else to want to do business with you.

• @hzr said:

I'm assuming it was not ryan that started this

Of course it wasn’t. It’s not even vaguely logical that the guy who came here to actually try and repair relations following the last mega-thread would then turn around and shit straight into the fan.

• In any case, I find it hard to imagine that Gordon would be against the following scenario:

• Provider P, present and in good standing on LET, decides to rent a server or two from Incero and (in order to do so) signs up for an account at Incero after January 22nd.

If Gordon wouldn't be against this scenario, then the wording of that clause in their ToS is too all-encompassing as given.

• Nekki said: Of course it wasn’t. It’s not even vaguely logical that the guy who came here to actually try and repair relations following the last mega-thread would then turn around and shit straight into the fan.

Depending on the consistency it might stick to the fan and not shoot back out.

angstrom said: If Gordon wouldn't be against this scenario, then the wording of that clause in their ToS is too all-encompassing as given.

If anything it was extremely obvious he just added it himself or something, I'm not sure what legal team would literally allow the listing of an abbreviation as a ban instead of a full description of exactly what site, domain, etc and what defines a member

Thanked by 3Nekki lazyt geekalot
  • @hzr said:

Nekki said: Of course it wasn’t. It’s not even vaguely logical that the guy who came here to actually try and repair relations following the last mega-thread would then turn around and shit straight into the fan.

Depending on the consistency it might stick to the fan and not shoot back out.

This is exactly the conversation a few of us had last week.

This discussion has been closed.