Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members. - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members.

Comments

• Just out of curiosity; why is the thread title so deliberately inflammatory (and factually inaccurate), and who removed @RyanArp’s provider tag?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2018

Nekki said: Just out of curiosity; why is the thread title so deliberately inflammatory (and factually inaccurate), and who removed @RyanArp’s provider tag?

Bro, do you even read? Aside from that I think it was a trigger happy mod.

Still not clear how Ryan managed to have 3 active accounts I think it is now.

• @hzr said:

crpatel said: If such is the case, then it must be a pathetic company to do business with.

You're also not making a good case for anyone else to want to do business with you.

Agreed with your Right to admission comment.

• @Lee said:

Nekki said: Just out of curiosity; why is the thread title so deliberately inflammatory (and factually inaccurate), and who removed @RyanArp’s provider tag?

I’ve been in workshops all day, so no, I don’t have time to read; didn’t seem like anyone knew a page back.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2018

@Lee said:

Multiple accounts was never considered to be a problem. Pretending to be multiple people was. Two accounts, not three.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited February 2018

@Nekki said: Ban Incero, ban new sellers using them,

I think that I would be more lenient and remove the provider tag only from "direct Incero brands", which I would define as any brand that Incero/Gordon controls/defines (i.e., that falls under the umbrella of Incero). At the moment, to my knowledge, this would concern only Incero and SpeedyKVM but not any reseller of Incero that Incero/Gordon doesn't control/define (so even Catalyst Host would be okay insofar as Incero/Gordon doesn't control/define that company as such -- even if Ryan also happens to work at SpeedyKVM).

Thanked by 2MikePT ryanarp
  • LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: I’ve been in workshops all day, so no, I don’t have time to read; didn’t seem like anyone knew a page back.

Not sure who it was, but Ant did some reversals, he did say at one point he would not

Nekki said: Banning existing providers who have been part of the community for sometime and currently hosting out of Incero just isn’t cricket, IMO.

Nobody is being banned though.

• @jarland said:

@Lee said:

Multiple accounts was never considered to be a problem. Pretending to be multiple people was. Two accounts, not three.

1 account for personal/Catalyst, one account for repping Incero, right?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2018

jarland said: Multiple accounts was never considered to be a problem. Pretending to be multiple people was. Two accounts, not three.

Fuck, so I could have been getting pm's and saying shit about someone and it may have been the same person... Never knew that was allowed.

Thanked by 1geekalot

@Lee said:

jarland said: Multiple accounts was never considered to be a problem. Pretending to be multiple people was. Two accounts, not three.

Fuck, so I could have been getting pm's and saying shit about someone and it may have been the same person...

If it wasn't obvious and was noticed, it would generally be noted. That's something I started doing early on. Don't think it was too difficult to recognize the relation between those two accounts. Maybe I overestimate what people know. But he also wasn't really using his old account.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @Lee said:

Fuck, so I could have been getting pm's and saying shit about someone and it may have been the same person... Never knew that was allowed.

I have no idea how you didn’t know this.

• @Lee said:

Nekki said: I’ve been in workshops all day, so no, I don’t have time to read; didn’t seem like anyone knew a page back.

Not sure who it was, but Ant did some reversals, he did say at one point he would not

Nekki said: Banning existing providers who have been part of the community for sometime and currently hosting out of Incero just isn’t cricket, IMO.

Nobody is being banned though.

You know what I meant tho, right?

• LeeLee Veteran

jarland said: Maybe I overestimate what people know.

Not an issue to be fair, I guess for those that want to manage it that way then two accounts is a reasonable play.

Thanked by 1jar
  • LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: You know what I meant tho, right?

Yeah, but you know, on here people see banned and assume total provider ban, rather than a restriction on offers out of Incero.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @Lee said:

Nekki said: You know what I meant tho, right?

Yeah, but you know, on here people see banned and assume total provider ban, rather than a restriction on offers out of Incero.

Yeh, fair, I’ll edit.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • HarzemHarzem Member
    edited February 2018

@Lee said:

Worse, you could be getting pm's from your other accounts and you never knew!

twilight zone music plays

Thanked by 2netomx uptime
  • LeeLee Veteran

Harzem said: Worse, you could be getting pm's from your other accounts and you never knew!

See, you might joke but that is probably something I would do. And I would reply!

Thanked by 2netomx uptime
  • Wow cool so sort of like dual personality.

• LeeLee Veteran

hammer said: Wow cool so sort of like dual personality.

No, just not realising I sent myself a message from another account, then probably Enraged about what I told myself that I replied back in disgust.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • The question is more general: If A boycotts B and C is a customer of B, should A boycott C as well? The answer depends on how strongly A feels about their reason for boycotting B in the first place.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Lee said:

hammer said: Wow cool so sort of like dual personality.

No, just not realising I sent myself a message from another account, then probably Enraged about what I told myself that I replied back in disgust.

True dat, I had a weeklong argument between two of my alts.

Thanked by 2Lee uptime
  • @hzr said: You're also not making a good case for anyone else to want to do business with you.

Its normal to feel disgruntled when you are singled out and shown a "you are not allowed" board. If the provider has the right to deny you service, you too have the right to show your displeasure about it. That is exactly what he did and doesn't have to feel guilty about it.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @angstrom said:
    The question is more general: If A boycotts B and C is a customer of B, should A boycott C as well? The answer depends on how strongly A feels about their reason for boycotting B in the first place.

I bet you’re the life of the party on a night out.

Thanked by 2ThracianDog geekalot
  • @hzr said:

crpatel said: If such is the case, then it must be a pathetic company to do business with.

Hmm, gonna have to disagree here.

All of my clients are vetted & curated, though I wouldn't pull this level of idiocy in a million years.

Refusing service based upon one's association is illegal in many(most) regions.

What's next?

They're gonna ban people who have associated with homosexuals? How about banning the Jews, as well as any black Irishmen.

Whoever is behind that brand has always been a pisshead, there's no way to defend this clause - not morally nor legally.

• Aidan said: They're gonna ban people who have associated with homosexuals?

I've been refused service for this one before irl

Thanked by 1Aidan
    edited February 2018

@Aidan said:

@hzr said:

Hmm, gonna have to disagree here.

All of my clients are vetted & curated, though I wouldn't pull this level of idiocy in a million years.

Refusing service based upon one's association is illegal in many(most) regions.

What's next?

They're gonna ban people who have associated with homosexuals? How about banning the Jews, as well as any black Irishmen.

Whoever is behind that brand has always been a pisshead, there's no way to defend this clause - not morally nor legally.

Bro...... That was way uncalled for and way out of line.

What's next, you're going to dislike a provider for their sexual preference? I've no indication that you are, but I'll suggest it and match the logic that led you to such an incredibly irresponsible suggestion. Stands to reason if you dislike them for one reason you might dislike them for any and all reasons right? Wrong, that's not logic.

You should seriously feel bad for posting that. You're better than that.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

Just to clear things up for my personal account where I represent Catalyst Host ONLY. When SpeedyKVM_Ryan was changed to just SpeedyKVM I was told to no longer post at LET and as far as I am concerned the account is dead. As far as I am concerned I am no longer representing anything other than CatalystHost. I just work for Incero and do an excellent job at providing excellent support for our customers.

• I support the choice to not allow Incero based offers.

They are directly targeting LET members in a negative way, it isn't unreasonable for the LET community to want to not drive more business their way.

Not to mention, if the comment about LET members too commonly torrenting illegally is true, then that issue would include Incero customers selling to LET members. When does that become the next issue?

I find the lack of outrage by long term LET hosts that use Incero to be really surprising. They are giving the middle finger to a big chunk of your customer and support base. Were you to start your business now, Incero would be giving the middle finger to you too. Just because you're grandfathered (for now) doesn't mean what they are doing doesn't deserve outrage.

Though I suppose it does stop competition from starting up in the same fashion.

Thanked by 2geekalot sureiam
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2018

HackedServer said: Just because you're grandfathered

I would not put too much reliance on that meaning anything at all.

Edited for @lazyt.

Thanked by 3lazyt NodePing sureiam
  • @Lee. Would not not would.

Thanked by 1Lee
This discussion has been closed.