Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members.

Comments

• alfredalfred Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    Oh well, I guess hosts using incero are banned from posting offers here as well then.

Feel free to tag host provider accounts here for comment.

@Awmusic12635 for ImpactVPS, would love to hear your thoughts.

I'm a SpeedyKVM customer myself and haven't run into issues. That said, I don't do shit on my server...

• LeeLee Veteran

What this allows them to do is instantly ban anyone on let who make a complaint on let about them for no other reason than being a member in line with their terms.

I hope though that Anthony is serious, whilst they have that in their terms no provider selling services out of their DC should be allowed to post offers.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2018

@AnthonySmith said:
    Oh well, I guess hosts using incero are banned from posting offers here as well then.

Feel free to tag host provider accounts here for comment.

In theory, it means that NEW providers who weren’t with Incero before Jan 1st 2018 run the risk of Gordon’s wrath, so folks like ImpactVPS, Catalyst and MXRoute have nothing to worry about.

I think we also know that anyone newly selling VPS from Incero locations is not going to be subject to the wrath of Gordon. The man has banter, but he’s not stupid.

Thanked by 2alfred MikePT
  • @Nekki said: In theory,

In principle, the said providers should stop using Incero.

Thanked by 3Aidan sureiam lazyt
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

My account with Incero is older and I am therefore allowed to "do whatever I want".

I don't think that my customers who are LET members are of their concern. As long as they are not a member of their brands.

• So the name "@SpeedyKVM_Ryan" no longer exists, and @SpeedyKVM (who I wasn't aware of) is freshly banned. Was @SpeedyKVM the same as Gordon? Or did @SpeedyKVM_Ryan become @SpeedyKVM before being banned?

By the way, who's really in charge at SpeedyKVM, Gordon or Ryan?

Thanked by 2caracal geekalot
  • @dynamo said:

@Nekki said: In theory,

In principle, the said providers should stop using Incero.

Why? Incero dedi/colo customers generally seem very satisfied.

• @angstrom said:
    So the name "@SpeedyKVM_Ryan" no longer exists, and @SpeedyKVM (who I wasn't aware of) is freshly banned. Was @SpeedyKVM the same as Gordon? Or did @SpeedyKVM_Ryan become @SpeedyKVM before being banned?

By the way, who's really in charge at SpeedyKVM, Gordon or Ryan?

Gordon is ultimately in charge of everything Incero.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2018

@AnthonySmith you're way too old for that petty crap, you know that.

Punishing people that rent from them to offer services seems like a good way to cost yourself some great people like @Awmusic12635, @jarland, & @serverian.

This place already gives off the impression that it's hostile to new people, don't start being hostile to people that have done nothing wrong and provide solid products.

Gordon's a dick to most and hates everyone, news at 11.

Francisco

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2018

Nekki said: Why? Incero dedi/colo customers generally seem very satisfied.

Doesn't mean they have to offer here. If the person behind the DC is so set against LET by placing the site in their terms then why should we support any Incero backed provider? LET has banter as well!

• @Nekki said: Why? Incero dedi/colo customers generally seem very satisfied.

As a matter of principle? Most these providers are LET veterans and if there is a sense of "community" in them, shouldn't they part ways from Incero in protest?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

@dynamo said:
    As a matter of principle? Most these providers are LET veterans and if there is a sense of "community" in them, shouldn't they part ways from Incero in protest?

And potentially lose lots of money from clients who don't like that move? In the end, business > community

I mean, sort of. We can all agree we're on LET for a reason. :~)

MikeA said: I mean, sort of. We can all agree we're on LET for a reason. :~)

Slabs? I couldn't agree more.

Francisco

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • LeeLee Veteran

MikeA said: business > community

Absolutely, and to that end LET as a community owes no provider the right to earn from or advertise on it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2018

@Francisco said:
    @AnthonySmith you're way too old for that petty crap, you know that.

Punishing people that rent from them to offer services seems like a good way to cost yourself some great people like @Awmusic12635, @jarland, & @serverian.

This place already gives off the impression that it's hostile to new people, don't start being hostile to people that have done nothing wrong and provide solid products.

Gordon's a dick to most and hates everyone, news at 11.

Francisco

I thought Ant was implying that Incero would be banning hosts making offers here?

Thanked by 2hostdare kmas
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Lee said:

MikeA said: business > community

Absolutely, and to that end LET as a community owes no provider the right to earn from or advertise on it.

Not all of a providers clients are from Lowendtalk though.

• @Lee said:

Nekki said: Why? Incero dedi/colo customers generally seem very satisfied.

Doesn't mean they have to offer here. If the person behind the DC is so set against LET by placing the site in their terms then why should we support any Incero backed provider? LET has banter as well!

I’m always up for a game of tit-for-tat, but it seems pointless in this case.

Nekki said: I thought Ant was implying that Incero would be banning hosts making offers here?

Maybe he is but it doesn't read that way to me.

Francisco

• @dynamo said:

@Nekki said: Why? Incero dedi/colo customers generally seem very satisfied.

I don’t want folks who have been a part of this community for yonks to feel they have no option but to risk their business by moving to a new upstream provider. That’s mental.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • sureiamsureiam Member
    edited February 2018

@mikho said:
    My account with Incero is older and I am therefore allowed to "do whatever I want".

I don't think that my customers who are LET members are of their concern. As long as they are not a member of their brands.
    @Francisco said:

MikeA said: I mean, sort of. We can all agree we're on LET for a reason. :~)

Slabs? I couldn't agree more.

Francisco

Y'all talk like there is no other game in town other than incero... How about @Awmusic12635, @jarland, & @serverian consider moving their services or buying out their servers and co locating them elsewhere.

I personally may even be impacted by this but frankly I feel dirty supporting such an unprofessional company that would single out a single community like that. And we all know the reason, it's so they can close out users that complain about them. Well welcome to the internet boys, either you tough up or get out of literally the internet game.

They wanna be pricks? Then hit um where it hurts and boycott their services till they publicly redact their TOS ban of the LET community.

Thanked by 2Shazan Ewok
  • LeeLee Veteran

MikeA said: Not all of a providers clients are from Lowendtalk though.

Sure, I would expect it varies provider to provider.

Nekki said: I’m always up for a game of tit-for-tat, but it seems pointless in this case.

Perhaps, this is not just SpeedyKVM though, it's right through into Incero main terms (no doubt just identical), so it's a DC saying it does not want anyone who is a member of LET on any of their services, period.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Francisco said: @AnthonySmith you're way too old for that petty crap, you know that.

I appreciate your perspective on things more than most however I think you need to take a step back and look again, I am not the root cause or the catalyst here.

As of today, no offers out of Incero, he is biting the hand of the person who gives the food to the people that feed him.

If that term is rescinded, I will gladly respond in kind, any customers of Incero that feel this may impact them financially I would encourage to take this up with Gordon directly and you are welcome to contact me directly via PM or email [email protected]

As far as I am concerned its a scum bag move, they have been caught red handed ripping people off here and this is their response because they are not grown up enough to just apologize, if they truly felt strongly about it, they would do a quick lookup of the promo's they have done here and remove ALL customers from LET and refund anything owed.. but you know they might feel that.

• @Francisco said:

Nekki said: I thought Ant was implying that Incero would be banning hosts making offers here?

Maybe he is but it doesn't read that way to me.

Francisco

I can understand how you might read it that way; I don’t think Ant’s that petty though.

• @Lee said:
    it's a DC saying it does not want anyone who is a member of LET on any of their services, period.

It’s not though. It’s saying they don’t want any more custom from LET, explicity stating existing customers are fine. It’s also not enforceable, and everyone knows it.

Gordon’s basically just flipped us the finger, but that’s it.

• @MikeA said: business > community

@Nekki said: I don’t want folks who have been a part of this community for yonks to feel they have no option but to risk their business by moving to a new upstream provider. That’s mental.

Assuming Anthony is serious about what he said, I am just obtusely hoping that one of these providers will take a principled stand. I am aware that no ones actually going to dump Incero as business interests prevail over everything else. In any case Incero and its brands have proven ample number of times that customers are dirt for them. So if they have given a special dirt status to LET in their TOS, thats no surprise.

• sureiam said: I feel dirty supporting such an unprofessional company

Being an asshole is alright, being a petty asshole is where I draw the line.

Whoever made this decision needs to re-evaluate his mental health.

Thanked by 1Shazan

AnthonySmith said: I appreciate your perspective on things more than most however I think you need to take a step back and look again, I am not the root cause or the catalyst here.

Not saying you are, I just feel it's going to be counterproductive and may drive providers away from here.

The TOS says the customers from LET can't signup directly with them, nothing about customers of customers.

Francisco

Thanked by 3vimalware MikePT jar
  • It's 2018 ffs. Sue them for being nazis and for discrimination against a minority.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

let be clear . whoever treats customers as shit will fail in long run or will not make money as they could have .

Example amazon is winning because of great customer service and they have offered me free credit many times unlike most of our country shopping sites (with Gordon type attitude ) who usually treats customers as shit and they are failing .

Many of the stunts pulled by incero if send to consumer courts , will fine them very heavily . TOS is not above law of land .

vovler said: It's 2018 ffs. Sue them for being nazis and for discrimination against a minority.

That is not needed . What they hoping is customers from let will keep buying , but if somebody complain here about random price hike , they will ban them instantly showing their TOS .

Thanked by 1geekalot
This discussion has been closed.