Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Incero & SpeedyKVM throws the ban hammer at ALL LET members.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I would just like to point out for perspective and context, I have only just found out that SpeedyKVM has been banned, that took place while I was asleep, cant say i would have done that but I am happy to rescind that also if they chose to remove that term.

• For some reason, I thought that @gisadik was Gordon, but I guess that @gisadik is lower on the ladder.

In any case, what is the exact relation between SpeedyKVM and Incero? I didn't imagine that they were identical, and if they're not, then it's first and foremost the ToS of SpeedyKVM that is at issue.

In my head, perhaps incorrectly, I thought that the following analogy was accurate: Incero SIMILAR CC; SpeedyKVM SIMILAR HVH. (Putting aside questions of quality.)

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

angstrom said: In my head, perhaps incorrectly, I thought that the following analogy was accurate: Incero SIMILAR CC; SpeedyKVM SIMILAR HVH. (Putting aside questions of quality.)

incorrect somewhat .

Gordon controls and run day to day operation in both incero and speedykvm while biloh does not have much time for HVH ; HVH day to day is run by Nick mostly with occasional intervention of Biloh .

Plus CC owns their buffalo DC while incero runs as suite in informart , so rent increase hits them unlike CC in Buffalo .

someone correct me if wrong .

• @angstrom said:
    For some reason, I thought that @gisadik was Gordon, but I guess that @gisadik is lower on the ladder.

In any case, what is the exact relation between SpeedyKVM and Incero? I didn't imagine that they were identical, and if they're not, then it's first and foremost the ToS of SpeedyKVM that is at issue.

In my head, perhaps incorrectly, I thought that the following analogy was accurate: Incero SIMILAR CC; SpeedyKVM SIMILAR HVH. (Putting aside questions of quality.)

You’re right about the CC/HVH analogy, HVH is a wholly-owned sub-brand of CC. They are effectively the same company, sharing personnel and resources.

• williewillie Member
    edited February 2018

Nekki said: I don’t want folks who have been a part of this community for yonks to feel they have no option but to risk their business by moving to a new upstream provider. That’s mental.

Yeah especially with no notice. I'd leave it at giving them gentle encouragement to transition their services rather than a diktat. Certainly I wouldn't put a rule in effect in less than 90 days or so, allowing an orderly move.

• @AnthonySmith said: As of today, no offers out of Incero, he is biting the hand of the person who gives the food to the people that feed him.

If that term is rescinded, I will gladly respond in kind, any customers of Incero that feel this may impact them financially I would encourage to take this up with Gordon directly and you are welcome to contact me directly via PM or email [email protected]

Starting to like the change in administration. Couldn't have imagined the above in Jarland era.

AnthonySmith said: As far as I am concerned its a scum bag move

Would you have reacted in the same way if it was Clouvider in place of Incero pulling such a scum bag move? :P

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • LeeLee Veteran

I am with @AnthonySmith on this, positive action without a poll.

edited February 2018

dynamo said: Would you have reacted in the same way if it was Clouvider in place of Incero pulling such a scum bag move? :P

I stand my ground, @Clouvider will tell you we have had more than enough unconformable heated conversation when I was not happy about certain elements and they were resolved after finding mutually beneficial compromise.

I also would invite anyone to confirm the same with ioflood or i3d, then again, I cant see a universe where any of my upstream hosts would do something so completely insane to begin with knowing it had the potential to hurt their own customers.

So yes, if @Clouvider did this you can guarantee the same day i would be making plans to move and break contracts.

• I took a look at the ToS of Incero (as opposed to the ToS of SpeedyKVM, cited by @hawc in his opening post) and found the following clause:

BANNED COMMUNITY MEMBERS

Members of the online communities "LET" and "Hackforums" are banned from creating any new INCERO accounts after Jan 22nd 2018. Existing accounts may stay in place and continue to utilize existing services and order new services.

From https://incero.com/terms-of-service .

So even if one makes a distinction between Incero and SpeedyKVM on other grounds (see my post above), they both include this clause in their ToS.

Howver, there's a curious difference in the starting date: for SpeedyKVM, it was January 1st, and for Incero, it was January 22nd. When did @AnthonySmith become admin?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2018

Haha. Fuckturds. Like always. Not really surprised, to be honest. I wish @MikePT all the best with his instant server venture there...

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

dynamo said: Clouvider

@clouvider guy is reasonable and sane person from what I observe with no pre conceived hostile attitude to any person or country or community .

angstrom said: When did @AnthonySmith become admin?

24th or 25th I think.

• @AnthonySmith said:

angstrom said: When did @AnthonySmith become admin?

24th or 25th I think.

Okay, then the change was probably independent of you.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @hostdare said:

clouvider guy is reasonable and sane person from what I observe with no pre conceived hostile attitude to any person or country or community

It was a very hypothetical question just to see how Anthony responds and I am glad at how he has.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • I agree with several others that it would be harsh to go after resellers of Incero, at least without sufficient notice.

For example, I guess that @mikho's latest offer, https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/137542/mrvm-net-dallas-kvm-from-6-for-3-months-120gb-triple-disk-space-offer , would be prohibited if one went after resellers of Incero. But this would seem unfair.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Francisco said:

AnthonySmith said: I appreciate your perspective on things more than most however I think you need to take a step back and look again, I am not the root cause or the catalyst here.

Not saying you are, I just feel it's going to be counterproductive and may drive providers away from here.

The TOS says the customers from LET can't signup directly with them, nothing about customers of customers.

Francisco

Come on now seriously? You know better than that. Individuals selling services on a dedicated server owned by incero are just a notch above resellers. They are value added sellers. But the DC is the real owner.

Again you talk like incero is the only DC. In fact i don't think they are even the DC! Wait That's right Incero is actually in a ZAYO GROUP DC...

Perhaps we should all email ZAYO GROUP at [email protected] and inform them that a customer of theirs at the Dallas DC is a giant prick

And if the sellers that make thousands of the members here cared they would just buy a rack or server from another seller in the same DC and kick incero to the curb.

Thanked by 1funkywizard
  • @Nekki said:

@jetchirag said:

How the heck are they going to verify if someone's a member

They’re not. THIS IS EXACTLY THE FUCKING POINT.

It will be entertaining when someone open thread here because their server get terminated in the midle of billing cycle just because incero found they are LET's member a.k.a get wabled

Thanked by 2geekalot Junkless
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@angstrom said:
    I agree with several others that it would be harsh to go after resellers of Incero, at least without sufficient notice.

For example, I guess that @mikho's latest offer, https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/137542/mrvm-net-dallas-kvm-from-6-for-3-months-120gb-triple-disk-space-offer , would be prohibited if one went after resellers of Incero. But this would seem unfair.

If you want to go after Incero, ban that and other direct brands. Not their customers of some of their brands.
    Not until Incero responds that they do not allow their customers to accept other members of LET as customers

Thanked by 2MikePT maverickp
  • @mikho said:

@angstrom said:
    I agree with several others that it would be harsh to go after resellers of Incero, at least without sufficient notice.

If you want to go after Incero, ban that and other direct brands. Not their customers of some of their brands.
    Not until Incero responds that they do not allow their customers to accept other members of LET as customers

There are many wonderful providers in Texas you could go with. Why support one run and managed by such an unprofessional asshat? Frankly I don't trust my data on a service provided by incero even if you're professional the provider ultimately is the one that matters.

• @Amitz said: I wish @MikePT all the best with his instant server venture there...

I think that that venture never really got off the ground. Apparently, @MikePT had one customer from LET, who felt bad for him.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @sureiam said:

@mikho said:

@angstrom said:

There are many wonderful providers in Texas you could go with. Why support one run and managed by such an unprofessional asshat? Frankly I don't trust my data on a service provided by incero even if you're professional the provider ultimately is the one that matters.

I'm just saying that it would seem unfair to go after resellers without some advance notice at least. I doubt that Gordon consulted with his resellers before making this change to the ToS.

• sureiamsureiam Member
    edited February 2018

@angstrom said:

@sureiam said:

@mikho said:

@angstrom said:

I'm just saying that it would seem unfair to go after resellers without some advance notice at least. I doubt that Gordon consulted with his resellers before making this change to the ToS.

Yes. I agree there. I'm not about to close my services with a reseller because they are with incero. But I won't sign up with another that is using them. Furthermore I will be voicing my frustration over this to my existing reseller directly and requesting they put pressure on incero for it.

• @robohost said:
    It will be entertaining when someone open thread here because their server get terminated in the midle of billing cycle just because incero found they are LET's member a.k.a get wabled

Nobody expects the Texan Inquisition! (sorry couldn't resist)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@sureiam said:

@mikho said:

@angstrom said:

Who says I'm not looking into moving? but if I already have services, why drop it like a hot potato without a proper backup plan?

edited February 2018

Incero have a history here, they have lined their pockets here directly or indirectly, they have consistently treat this user base like shit in every possible way, I see no reason to allow them to get any further gain from here directly or indirectly, they have taken a step they did not need to take.

Perhaps they put that term in for self protection against a specific troll and they really did not mean to shit on the entire community so lets give it 24 hours, if it disappears then this thread can be dumped and actions taken rescinded without another word said.

If it is still present tomorrow, the rules will be updated.

I am not intending to comment on this further until they respond in some way, if they want that to be private then it is not hard to get in touch with me or find my details.

• @AnthonySmith said: I am not intending to comment on this further until they respond in some way, if they want that to be private then it is not hard to get in touch with me or find my details.

Gordon can't reply publicly if @SpeedyKVM has been banned, but not that he would be inclined to reply publicly.

angstrom said: Gordon can't reply publicly if @SpeedyKVM has been banned, but not that he would be inclined to reply publicly.

fair point, I have un-banned the account for 24 hours (sorry @hawc just in the interest of getting a response of some kind)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

sureiam said: Perhaps we should all email ZAYO GROUP at [email protected] and inform them that a customer of theirs at the Dallas DC is a giant prick

Trust me, if you've read WHT way back when Zayo is fully aware how Gordon is.

The complaints about Incero are rarely about product stability, quality, or things like that. They have their bumps and such but that's life in tech. The issue at hand is purely on a PR side...unless I missed a bigger discussion somewhere? o_O

Francisco

• @AnthonySmith

I had a few great years at i3d with a startup company. However the services got downhill and the support was insane slow. the issues started when they kick out all good members of i3d (Vincent, Mitchell, Gordon). and take new members that don't know any previous made agreements.

Correct me if i am wrong on this.

Thanked by 1joeri
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2018

Well, I saw it already coming, but Hackforums = LET there is a bit more distance in between.

Another reason to put that Incero trash into a bin.

But still, you can go and singUp, no one will notice, except you may use the same RDNS as for a Domain on LET, but who the fucks checks it? Maybe they found someone who does that job for a few $ a hour.

Thanked by 1hostdare
This discussion has been closed.