Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New LET Administrator! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New LET Administrator!

Comments

• Wishing you the best @jarland

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ricardo said:

WSS said: what sort of shit Mao was pulling behind the scenes

Do spill. Anything more than name calling?

Plenty, but you can't make people read a full document when the bottom of it leads them to the conclusions they want to draw.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @jarland
    Nice work man. This place is a nice little dickish spot on the internet.
    I like how you will receive a lot of shit, but at the end everybody helps or tries to.
    Also
    congrats
    @AnthonySmith
    Please don't ban us for swearing ok bro. And if you want to ban somebody I'm the

ban hammer

And I will ban them for you.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • jarland said: Plenty, but you can't make people read a full document when the bottom of it leads them to the conclusions they want to draw.

I don't get it, probably don't want to either. Seems like conclusions were drawn already.

Anyways, well done on your participation, self-sacrifice and all that :)
    All the best going forward

edited January 2018

I know, it's easier to draw personal conclusions about me from a brief selective paste without context than actually go over all of the data that I made public and draw real conclusions. Best of luck, it's obvious you don't handle information well (that's a joking jab, if unclear).

;)

Happy to no longer be the punching bag of the "TLDR crowd."

• jarland said: I know, it's easier to draw personal conclusions about me from a brief selective paste without context than actually go over all of the data that I made public and draw real conclusions. Best of luck, it's obvious you don't handle information well (that's a joking jab, if unclear).

I know, context is important. I've been a member here for years, I've witnessed many a conversation :) You were the one stating that conclusions were drawn.

Yeah, someone over in Europe hurt your feelings and pressed the right buttons, TLDR :)

Thanked by 1default
    edited January 2018

Yup, and I chewed them out about it, privately. Then when they didn't do the thing I asked them to do a month prior, while not upset in any way, I did what I stated back then I would do.

So if anyone wants to message me privately and press my buttons, enjoy being told that I never understood the case for abortion until I met you. Par for the course :)

But then, you know, if you're really super triggered about it... make a thread about it and paste only my responses that came after you annoyed me too much. Then watch the stupid people who can't figure out how to download a PDF, but trust you implicitly because they're of course "unbiased" (meaning they only trust the person who takes the most "counterculture" position on anything), take your carefully pasted words as "the whole story."

:)

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

@ricardo said:

WSS said: what sort of shit Mao was pulling behind the scenes

Yeah. Unfounded accusations of illegal activities/et al. I'm sure Jar would like to just let that behind him, so I'll let him make any statements he wants, it's not my place.

E: oh hey @jarland your look naked with just the "Provider" tag. Why not the dual-up with Member?

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited January 2018

@jarland You've been great to this community, thank you for your time as THE admin ;)

@AnthonySmith You're one of the most appreciated guy here, you deserved it! Congrats! ;)

Thanked by 2MCHPhil MikePT
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited January 2018

You yanks, such a funny bunch.

// added

jarland said: But then, you know, if you're really super triggered about it... make a thread about it and paste only my responses that came after you annoyed me too much. Then watch the stupid people who can't figure out how to download a PDF, but trust you implicitly, take your carefully pasted words as "the whole story."

Sorry, not as triggered as you think. Projection... nevermind, in a week or two when you're outside the situation it'll all seem a bit silly :)

edited January 2018

ricardo said: Sorry, not as triggered as you think

No I was referring to you being the person who can't download a PDF, but trusted Mao-not-so-unique implicitly, as was stated clearly by you in these words:

There's only one way to draw that conclusion: You read his post, you trust him implicitly, you ignored the two times I posted a PDF with full context for everyone to read.

That's fine btw, just means you're not objective and therefore have no idea how well or not well I handle conflict :)

• @mods
    Can I have a custome tag like
    @jarland
    I would like it to say kicks ass.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited January 2018

jarland said:

There's only one way to draw that conclusion: You read his post, you trust him implicitly, you ignored the two times I posted a PDF with full context for everyone to read.

That's fine btw, just means you're not objective

I've no idea the extent of your conversations with someone else, but it's sure to say logically, that guy could catch you out quite easily, and it doens't sit well with you :) Relax your flaps

ricardo said: I've no idea the extent of your conversations with someone else, but it's sure to say logically, that guy could catch you out quite easily, and it doens't site well with you :)

Interesting that you can draw a conclusion with words like "sure to say" and "logically" while simultaneously having admitted to not consuming publicly available data. And now you're starting to see why being an admin here isn't fun. There are a select few that will refuse to consume data, but will continually hold you accountable for a misinterpretation of the data they never consumed.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited January 2018

I like how I go out for a day and come back to jarland throwing us to the wolves. Any chance for a "goodbye jarland" DigitalOcean coupon? No? Okay, just thought I'd try.

Thanks for all your work, probably wasn't easy keeping the shitlords around here in check. Hope you enjoy your newfound time for your daughter(s?).

Thanked by 2jar WSS
  • You talk like I should be some extreme consummator of all LET information, sounds unhealthy. For whatever reason you think I should have read conversations between you and whoever, I didn't.

But it's obvious it means a lot to you.

ricardo said: For whatever reason you think I should have read conversations between you and whoever, I didn't

This reason:

You're the one talking about it, seemed like maybe you'd actually care about the facts. I guess you were more interested in taking a jab on my way out.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited January 2018

It's the Internet, what else did he give you more than words. sore arse? stern letter?

ricardo said: what else did he give you more than words. sore arse?

Still taking jabs, still can't download a PDF. I rest my case :)

• The case where I'm supposed to pore over every post on LET to understand WTF you're talking about? :)

Hey look if you want to have opinions on things that you're too lazy to read that's up to you, it doesn't take anything out of my day to set the record straight :)

• I'm not too lazy to read. You're implying I must, I don't.

Does that guy have dirt on you or not?

Seems like thin skin TBH, but no big deal is it. You can do what you like.

Anyway, love you guys! Even you ricardo. You had to take a last minute jab at me and then make it clear that it was related to your refusal to follow a full recent event, but that honestly just summarizes my time as admin and exactly what I'm happy to get away from :)

From this point on I won't matter to people like that, and since I'm not admin they won't have to matter to me. That's a great feeling :)

• You seem to have this pretense where everyone sees everything from your point of view. most peculiar.

As much as Maounique was a bit of a effete european gobshite, I did witness the barbaric responses you gave him/her back, the kind of thing you shouldn't say to anyone, TBH.

Nonetheless, you want to keep up this "have a potshot at the departing admin" thing. Good luck with that. toodles :)

Thanked by 2default mfs
  • WSSWSS Member

@jarland So, now you can spend time with your family and avoid an early alcohol-induced death.

Enjoy your kids!

Thanked by 1jar

ricardo said: I did witness the barbaric responses you gave him/her back, the kind of thing you shouldn't say to anyone, TBH

Doesn't matter. I never wanted your approval of my private conversations. My actions were exactly as I promised them to be based on the terms I set when I unbanned him. Whether or not you like my private messages doesn't matter to me, but I made them public long before Mao posted them in a thread. I've never hidden my personality or my emotions. I acted rationally based on criteria I set when burying the hatchet, the rest is your problem and not mine.

• It's not my problem, I was merely witness to the car crash that it was.

And your response was not rational, it was pathetic, followed by a banning of that person. Weakness, in my opinion but, that's not your problem merely my analysis :)

edited January 2018

ricardo said: And your response was not rational, it was pathetic, followed by a banning of that person

Oh? Do tell me the details of the conversation I had with Mao upon his unban, and the reasonable criteria I calmly set for his continued participation on LET. Then compare that with the actions I took (not the carefully selected last words I said in a private conversation), tell me where the discrepancy is.

I'll wait. It's all publicly available.

• I'll make my own judgements based on my own criteria, of which there is bountiful evidence :) Don't flog the dead horse or try to draw a conclusion otherwise.

edited January 2018

Exactly. None of the facts, all of the conclusions. As per usual.

Alternative facts on display.