Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New LET Administrator! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New LET Administrator!

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    Used to be a list in the rules, but I don't see it anymore.

Here are the people who can handle tickets:

These slackers are mods but not on the support portal: @jcaleb, @teamacc

@SysAdmin is an Administrator....I don't think I even know who that is.

@jbiloh is also an admin

Huge family, isn'tit?
    Forgot about Nick and hawc, and jcaleb :-(.
    And Alex too.

Damn too many mods/admins, let's fire them all and get @WSS admin.

• WSSWSS Member

Jesus Christ, guys. This thread is about @AnthonySmith taking over as a moderator of the forum, and all of the years of unpaid moderation that @jarland has done over the years.

You can keep posting about me in every other thread; I would.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Looking forward to more shitposting from @jarland now that the pressure's off.

Thanked by 4WSS MikePT MasonR uptime
  • @jarland , i hope you plan to came back like admin here

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • And because of this post, I was trying to remember who was admin last, before Jarland, and his name slips my mind, but as far as I remember, he disappeared after stepping down...

• WSSWSS Member

@isaacl said:
    And because of this post, I was trying to remember who was admin last, before Jarland, and his name slips my mind, but as far as I remember, he disappeared after stepping down...

Spirit?

• mpkossen

• Pretty sure it was mpkossen, thanks Isaq. Wasn't there someone who disappeared and deleted all of his posts?
    Was that spirit? Don't remember when that happened...

• @isaacl said:
    Pretty sure it was mpkossen, thanks Isaq. Wasn't there someone who disappeared and deleted all of his posts?
    Was that spirit? Don't remember when that happened...

That was Spirit....I think Liam managed to do that too, but no-one noticed he’d done it.

• Thought so, thanks.
    Somehow I feel kinda old for actually remembering all the drama that happened here...

• lowendtalk

more like

FASCISTStalk

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Spirit has 4,188 posts

@Liam however did indeed do the dick move. Amusingly the one post he didn't nuke illustrates his dickishness.

• @raindog308 said:
    @Spirit has 4,188 posts

@Liam however did indeed do the dick move. Amusingly the one post he didn't nuke illustrates his dickishness.

@mpkossen got all of Spirit’s back.

Liam did it really quietly, we only noticed after Spirit’s went missing.

• Looks like @mpkossen visited here yesterday, don't remember seeing any posts from him in the past while, but guess he still lurks around...

• WSSWSS Member

@raindog308 said:
    @Spirit has 4,188 posts

I think I should take a small step back from LET, being that this shit was YEARS before me, and somehow I've learned it. Osmosis from sleeping on the board? Transfer from sexual fluids with other forum members?

• What's the sooo special here? The only change is the time zone...

Nah, it's a HUGE change! From a passionate Texas man, to a British calmer but also passionate LET member, I could not think of a better transition!
    Kudos @Jarland for your effort, passion, kindness and leading skills, you were an excellent (most of the times) LET admin!
    @AnthonySmith, if you manage to handle LET boat even a fraction of what InceptionHosting leadership has been the last years, I am sure LET will grow even more in the near future!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Congratulations @AnthonySmith

Where are the deals?

• jarland said: find my buttons

It was pretty obvious that you don't deal well with conflict, which isn't so good for a community of little bastards like this place. Anyways, well done and best of luck :)

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited January 2018

Please do not yet close this thread but kindly allow 3 - 4 weeks for our canadian ("down up there") and ozzie (just "down under") users to find out about this thread and to understand the OPs content and meaning!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • WSSWSS Member

@ricardo said:

jarland said: find my buttons

It was pretty obvious that you don't deal well with conflict, which isn't so good for a community of little bastards like this place. Anyways, well done and best of luck :)

Really? Have you seen the amount of hit he takes per day, and the amount of buildup someone had done behind the scenes as well as publicly before he was finally shown the door?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited January 2018

WSS said: Really? Have you seen the amount of hit he takes per day, and the amount of buildup someone had done behind the scenes as well as publicly before he was finally shown the door?

Were you behind the scenes too? Obviously you cannot take any of it personally, and doing so is a mistake. Maybe he realised that this 'thing' is more trouble than it's worth.

I wouldn't take up a power role here 'cos there's too many angry bedroom dwellers just wanting free shit and downing society. AFAIK jarland is a family man, probably has a more measured outtake on things.

Not much upside TBH

Just IMO :)

• WSSWSS Member

@ricardo said:

WSS said: Really? Have you seen the amount of hit he takes per day, and the amount of buildup someone had done behind the scenes as well as publicly before he was finally shown the door?

Were you behind the scenes too? Obviously you cannot take any of it personally, and doing so is a mistake. Maybe he realised that this 'thing' is more trouble than it's worth.

Much as is his general modus, @jarland shared just what sort of shit Mao was pulling behind the scenes along with the quite public jabs made at every opportunity- prior to the ban.

I don't blame him for getting sick of it and eventually breaking. He's still human.

I wouldn't take up a power role here 'cos there's too many angry bedroom dwellers just wanting free shit and downing society. AFAIK jarland is a family man, probably has a more measured outtake on things.

I can't imagine just how much joy moderating this place after being a computer/network/lower-tier janitor would be.

• WSS said: what sort of shit Mao was pulling behind the scenes

Do spill. Anything more than name calling?

WSS said: I can't imagine just how much joy moderating this place after being a computer/network/lower-tier janitor would be.

Neither can I, why mention it?

@ricardo said:

I like how @Amitz deals being a Mod. A pretty good example. @teamacc has beeb playing a very important role model too. Raindog is... Always calm or looks like. Jcaleb, dunno. ElliotJ is a good example as well. Very calm.

In the end, we are all humans. Its normal to be unable to ignore our emotions. I do agree with you that it isnt easy to moderate this community, but damn. So many different people here. Regular guys, cunts, trolls. We are a fairly active community and the mods should be able to express themselves and have bad days too. I guess they just need to ignore much stuff when someone is upset with them. If we apply the dont be a dick rule then we apply our ethics and common sense. Its just not easy to deal with emotions.

• @MikePT said:
    @teamacc has beeb playing a very important role model too.

on-topic: If I had been made a mod at any point in time before I actually did get it, it might've ended quite badly.

offtopic: beeb beeb.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@teamacc said:

@MikePT said:
    @teamacc has beeb playing a very important role model too.

on-topic: If I had been made a mod at any point in time before I actually did get it, it might've ended quite badly.

offtopic: beeb beeb.

You are doing just fine.
    El Cheapo approved.

Beeb bee.

• Congrats for both of you :)

• @jarland You did a great job here. Much respect. :)

• More @ for @jarland. Thanks for the years of work into the community.

@AnthonySmith congratulations! Moderate with honour. I guess it’s time to outlaw the American spellings of English and follow the One True English (TM)