Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New LET Administrator! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New LET Administrator!

Comments

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited January 2018

The fact is you're thin skinned and you're leaving, and you type horrible shit to people in private :)

Come to think of it, that's probably the gotcha, someone posting your filth into a public thread.

Most amusing :)

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@jarland aww there goes my favourite Admin.

@AnthonySmith best of luck stepping into those big shoes.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2018

I posted it publicly first, but you know... Alternative facts.

Hilariously embarrassing for yourself, glad you took a moment to shit on this announcement today ricardo :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Wtf. Enough discussion. That matter is settled. Lets keep this thread to thank Jarland and congratulate Anthony. Ffs @ricardo. Dont drag it further.

Thanked by 5Aidan jar default WSS beagle
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited January 2018

What matter is settled? I'm just exchanging words with another member on here.

If you mean the matter of someone getting banned by an admin after their own exchange of words, whatever.

I don't mind saying good luck to jarland for the future, I'm just entertaining myself with why he's leaving. It's not like decorum is the order of the day when the ex-admin tells a member they should go kill themself. That's just a point of note on human decency, and that's just me to point it out.

User was banned for continually bringing up an off topic discussion which they were told their continued membership relied on them not continuing on LET. Then after receiving a warning for not complying, they proceeded to incite drama and demand to be banned until they received exactly what was promised. All made public and available for anyone who was interested at the time and also capable of reading.

Believing it went down any other way is creating a religion, it is an act of faith in defiance of publicly available fact. End of that story.

• I'm just humouring myself, but I take exception to your version of events like I should lap it up. Why not just be honourable and leave without shitting on someone's doorstep.

• thanks for heads up @Jarland and congrats @AnthonySmith

LET should whip up a LET history page outlining past and current admin/mods. Hard to keep track of heh

Thanked by 1jar
  • Too much drama. Drama has overflowed. I love drama but when it is like too many pages than I get lazy.

Ricardo, I like Mao, I said it numerous times, but even I would ban him. He just wouldnt stop going back to the old victim story. If I done that I would have rage quitted already.
    Oh wait. I did. Quite a few times.

What I mean is, enough is enough. People have different opinions. If one isnt willing to accept others (not agree with) then insisting on it over and over gets pretty annoying. Its like old vets talking about wars they were, you know, the story gets old and eventually you need to tell them that, with all due respect, we have already heard the story a hundred times, it gets annoying. Thats Mao. Unable to accept different opinions and insisting, actually, forcing his target to agree with him. That's what makes him feel better and superior.

@ricardo said:
    I'm just humouring myself, but I take exception to your version of events like I should lap it up. Why not just be honourable and leave without shitting on someone's doorstep.

Wouldn't have to focus on "versions" if you weren't so committed to reducing your exposure to the data. Best not to let silly things like facts influence your opinions.

I merely answered a question that I knew would be asked. I did so in a polite manner without rehashing the details. Continued discussion about it is your choice.

• @hammer said:
    Too much drama. Drama has overflowed. I love drama but when it is like too many pages than I get lazy.

This drama is interesting... an administrator steps off and many people are happy. This is worth many pages...

• I totally disagree with
    @jarland
    about probably everything I suspect.
    But it was def the right call. Now I'm not a LET vet but even I knew that it wasn't going to end well with that mao dude around.
    He wouldn't keep the peace. I have disagreed with
    jarland when I had an opinion and it is different, I will never fear to but when you keep rehashing the arguments, friends are even telling you to shut it, and provoking through chat, and starting flame wars again well that ain't good even for a loonytunes place like this.

Thanked by 2jar WSS

Happy to stop talking about that, but perfectly willing to.

• jarland said: Wouldn't have to focus on "versions" if you weren't so committed to reducing your exposure to the data. Best not to let silly things like facts influence your opinions.

I merely answered a question that I knew would be asked. I did so in a polite manner without rehashing the details. Continued discussion about it is your choice.

Sakes man, you can't make a simple point without implying some bullshit.

In the end, you're leaving, adios.

Thanked by 1default
    edited January 2018

Will still be around. Hopefully not just to respond to accusations against me. I'd like to believe I'm not that special to any of you that my presence has to be merely in defense of my name when searched on Google by future employers (I'd be okay with there not being any, but who knows), though that's important enough to have me do it.

Hopefully I'll just be able to spend my time giving advice, teaching, providing support, and occasionally dropping offers. Sounds far more fun :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • My guts tells me this is because the latest speedy KVM drama.

@yokowasis said:
    My guts tells me this is because the latest speedy KVM drama.

I'll bet against you on that one. Could always use some cash!

• @jarland
    your name is not
    @jarland
    They won't be able to find it on let unless they get access to the database.

@hammer said:
    @jarland
    your name is not
    @jarland

Not a whole lot of people named Jarland running MXroute and working for DO ;)

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Welcome Ant!

(I will throw you some money now to celebrate =P )

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • WSSWSS Member

@jarland said:

@hammer said:
    @jarland
    your name is not
    @jarland

Not a whole lot of people named Jarland running MXroute and working for DO ;)

It's a bit early for the kids to take over, isn't it?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@MikePT said:
    In the end, we are all humans.

Have you looked at your avatar lately?

Thanked by 2MikePT southy

@raindog308 said:

@MikePT said:
    In the end, we are all humans.

Have you looked at your avatar lately?

Im a different creature. Still a human.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

Nekki said: 98% of your posts refer to @WSS.

ok from now @nekki

IAlwaysBeCoding said: The CestPit represents 10.85% of his total 15477 posts.

still more than anybody , so he owns cess pits

• @jarland

Time to rename yourself to post-administrative you, AKA @Jar?

• FINALLY! Jarland is no longer admin. When can we have a celebration party?

just kidding.

<3

• PeachBlossomPeachBlossom Member
    edited January 2018

@jarland said:
    Will still be around. Hopefully not just to respond to accusations against me. I'd like to believe I'm not that special to any of you that my presence has to be merely in defense of my name when searched on Google by future employers (I'd be okay with there not being any, but who knows), though that's important enough to have me do it.

Hopefully I'll just be able to spend my time giving advice, teaching, providing support, and occasionally dropping offers. Sounds far more fun :)

In my opinion, you're the nicest admin / member of this forum. You've been really patient with me when I didn't understand some terms and explained them without making me feel stupid. :3 I really appreciate it!

Thanked by 2vimalware jar
  • congratulation sir @AnthonySmith

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited January 2018

Thank you for your service @Jarland.

It was a shitsh1t gig, but you stepped up.

I welcome our new old bearded British overlord.
    (somehow I know I'll never be able to run for public office after uttering this. Whew.)

Thanked by 1jar