Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

speedykvm.com changed my recurring price without informing me - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

speedykvm.com changed my recurring price without informing me

12345679»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

From now on all providers are banned from posting on LET until further notice, per the annoying people in this thread.

I don't feel good today, I keep getting tagged to take action but there is no reasonable action to be taken. I'm shutting down the offer forum. You can all find a new community.

joepie91 said: But isn't that the whole problem here? SpeedyKVM advertising a recurring offer that's not actually recurring in practice, and wasn't ever designed to be. Or is there something I'm missing here?

Yeah, we're missing an offer thread. There hasn't been one since late 2016. So if people want action but can't specify a reasonable course of action, then this:

jarland said: From now on all providers are banned from posting on LET until further notice, per the annoying people in this thread.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

jarland said: Yeah, we're missing an offer thread. There hasn't been one since late 2016.

Aha. A quick search turns up this as the likely source of the promo (the date matches). Technically not posted by SpeedyKVM here, but clearly states recurring.

edited January 2018

Is that action enough everyone? Will that satisfy your constant whining for actions that won't even prevent the scenarios that you're whining about? You want me to be effective, so let's shut it all down.

• joepie91 said: Aha. A quick search turns up this as the likely source of the promo (the date matches). Technically not posted by SpeedyKVM here, but clearly states recurring.

The discount is recurring. The price of the plan is what changed.

• jarland said: Is that action enough everyone? Will that satisfy your constant whining for actions that won't even prevent the scenarios that you're whining about?

I always thought stopping offers on LET was a good idea.

Providers are no longer allowed to post in the offer forum, it no longer appears on the front page. By popular request, offers are no longer allowed on LET.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • Consumer protection laws in most jurisdictions are clear - customer must agree to price before billing occurs. If customer agreed to 16.80, that is the price vendor can bill without new agreement. Notice provides minimal level of "agreement".

In short, vendor can put "We can change price without notice" in their TOS, they still need to provide notice to existing subscriptions or risk the cost of (rightful) chargeback.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki said:

joepie91 said: Aha. A quick search turns up this as the likely source of the promo (the date matches). Technically not posted by SpeedyKVM here, but clearly states recurring.

Yeah, and if my aunt had balls then she'd be my uncle. That's clearly technically'ing their way through it, if the intention to increase the price was known upfront.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2018

Hi folks,

Right now, this is what we have in stock, be fast ordering these. Not sure if we'll have more stock later, highly doubt it, so first come, first served.

LET1BF2017 - X3440/16 GB RAM/128 GB SSD ORDER NOW (Stock: 1)

LET7BF2017 - X3440/16 GB RAM/480 GB SSD ORDER NOW (Stock: 1)

LET3BF2017 - E3-1230 @ 3.20GHz/16 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD ORDER NOW (Stock: 1)

LET6BF2017 - E3-1230 @ 3.20GHz/16 GB RAM, 2x 500 GB HDD ORDER NOW (Stock: 1)

First month for $30 USD, recurring for $49 USD for ALL servers. Coupon: ILOVELETBF

All listed servers above have 100 TB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps plus Internal NIC/Port (1 Gbps, Unmetered), 1 IPv4 and a /64 IPv6 subnet;

IPMI is included by default. Choose one of the available OS in the order form, you may install your own OS using IPMI (Access to a Samba Share is provided), or have us reinstall it for you for a $10 USD fee. If it's in the list simply submit a ticket and we'll do it for you in case you need to reinstall;

WHMCS module is being worked on so you can manage rDNS, automated OS reinstalls and such operations, in the meantime, please submit a ticket for rDNS/reinstalls/bandwidth graphs.

Looking for something better? More specials (above LET pricing, but first month for $30 USD as well HERE)

Looking Glass is available at http://lg.fiberfy.com/

Datacenter: Carrier 1 / Incero

Thanked by 2MikeA quick
  • @joepie91 said:

@Nekki said:

joepie91 said: Aha. A quick search turns up this as the likely source of the promo (the date matches). Technically not posted by SpeedyKVM here, but clearly states recurring.

Yeah, and if my aunt had balls then she'd be my uncle. That's clearly technically'ing their way through it, if the intention to increase the price was known upfront.

Oh I reckon so, just stating the facts as they stand.

Rhys said: Right now, this is what we have in stock, be fast ordering these. Not sure if we'll have more stock later, highly doubt it, so first come, first served.

Warning given. Offers no longer allowed on LET per member request in this thread.

• WSSWSS Member

@Rhys said:
    Hi folks,

I don't think @jarland is in the mood today. Funny, but not the right time.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2018

jarland said: Is that action enough everyone? Will that satisfy your constant whining for actions that won't even prevent the scenarios that you're whining about? You want me to be effective, so let's shut it all down.

You're fuelling the thread now, most of these burn themselves out but I know you struggle to walk away from Incero threads due to your relationship, sometimes though you need to.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • 404error404error Member
    edited January 2018

@jarland said:

404error said: are allowed

And how do you propose that they be disallowed? What change are you proposing?

Why not strip them from their provider tags/disallow ads for a period of time, when they are caught with this antics?

By the way, if I'm not missing some nuance in LET sales rules, all VPS offers have to be recurring, the provider in question already admitted the offer in non-recurring. So what's the penalty for breaking the rules?

Edit: As it seems it was not Speedykvm who posted the offer, so... though luck. No rules were broken.

@Lee said:

jarland said: Is that action enough everyone? Will that satisfy your constant whining for actions that won't even prevent the scenarios that you're whining about? You want me to be effective, so let's shut it all down.

You're fuelling the thread now, most of these burn themselves out but I know you struggle to walk away from Incero threads due to your relationship, sometimes though you need to.

How about members here stop tagging me and demanding that I take action when nothing that they could recommend would resolve it without simply cutting providers out of the community? That's what they want, so I'll let them have it for a few hours as a very clear message: Stop asking me to do things when you're not responsible enough to consider the implications.

404error said: Why not strip them from their provider tags/disallow ads for a period of time, when they are caught with this antics?

How would that have prevented this situation?

404error said: By the way, if I'm not missing some nuance in LET sales rules, all VPS offers have to be recurring, the provider in question already admitted the offer in non-recurring. So what's the penalty for breaking the rules?

There's some flexibility, we don't go back and ban every provider that changes prices later.

• isaaclisaacl Member
    edited January 2018

All I care is that the recurring price in my welcome email doesn't match the recurring price showing on the service, and I didn't know about it, though granted, it isn't that much more.

I'd be perfectly fine with it if I got an email letting me know that the price was going up, but when I believe I have billing set up to pay automatically (have to check if I'm using a PayPal subscription here), I'd end up paying more than I expected to without knowing about it.

Though it seems funny when there was a specific promo that they posted and pushed because they had specific hardware available (the DAL-STOR-6x plans) with recurring pricing, and that hardware shouldn't have changed, and the question is if the price increase was planned from the beginning, but the initial price was great and I'd still be OK with a reasonable increase, as long as they sent out emails letting all customers know, and not just (manually) changing the prices on each user's service.

• WSSWSS Member

@jarland said:
    There's some flexibility, we don't go back and ban every provider that changes prices later.

I know you just want to be left alone, but this is an oversimplification, and does not directly apply to the intent of this thread. Please write off LET for the rest of the day and try to have a good weekend.

edited January 2018

I briefly made it against the rules to post offers on LET in threads, comments, and PMs. I did this to prove a point to the people in this thread who keep tagging me and arguing with me. The point is this: I can't prevent people from doing things that you don't like, and I am not going to take responsibility for what people do. I am not going to give into emotional outbursts and demands for scalps by removing provider tags when no one has violated a rule here because an offer thread wasn't posted. We have historically, since my time as admin began, allowed comments in threads with offers to be perfectly permissible and not held to the forum rules provided it didn't match one of these two things:

1. Wasn't "PM me for offer" where they had no clear tie to an identifiable provider.
    2. Wasn't spam.

This has continually been something we do not police, and I do not start today because 3-5 people want to taste blood over something that removing the provider tag would not have prevented.

The only true solution is to ensure that providers never post here in any fashion without having their words filtered by mods/admins. It's not going to happen. I am not going to ruin the community at the request of a minority.

Now since you all can't stop tagging me and bothering me about this, you can't have nice things. I've told you my decision, you keep arguing. You can't have this thread anymore. You are annoying me. This community is larger than you. No rule was violated. All actions or inactions here are consistent with how we regularly perform. If you want me to be fair and treat providers equally, leaving this thread open goes a long way toward that. If you want threads like this to stay open, stop using it to annoy me by continually tagging me when I've made it clear that I'm not going to do whatever it is you're asking me to do.

Thanked by 2Nekki MikeA
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2018

And people say that Cannabis is more dangerous than Alcohol. What a crazy world we live in.
    (Edit: I have not closed this thread, by the way. I just happened to be the last poster without knowing that it is closed.)

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • Best solution is to let the community police itself a bit. Just link to this thread on the next speedykvm/wable/incero offer post if you must.

As there is no true objective way to identify wether or not the provider intended to keep this recurring price for longer than the initial year, and going back and checking all offers will take forever.

Feel free to post threads similar to this one if something similar happens to you. But beware that it will be just to warn others, not to get the providers banned/de-providered.

This discussion has been closed.