Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

speedykvm.com changed my recurring price without informing me - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

speedykvm.com changed my recurring price without informing me

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2018

dbman said: Anyways it was already a lost cause for him even before he posted this thread due to the amount of defence this host gets here. So much so that one may end up believing that he should worship Gordon for getting wabled.

The very moment you started making these accusations or implying them, where @teamacc was the moderator managing this thread, nullifies the entire thing. I am the person in leadership here who has a bias in favor of Incero (and not without good reason), and I took zero action here. If we're going to claim @teamacc has the bias as well, then I'll propose we're merely attempting to shame/lobby for unfair treatment of a host that we irrationally hate.

• @jarland said: Maybe you're not as aware of historical context on some things being a bit new, and that's understandable.

Context is important.

Stop censoring content then? How about letting users make their own context by reading everything as it actually is instead of making one by consuming whats served to them. By moving/deleting/editing threads/comments/titles from public view leaves them with a different "modified" picture of how things are.

• @dbman said:

>

I am glad that you atleast put it somewhere for the users to read. The OP seems to be from China and will probably never return to this discussion due to his limited or no understaning of English. Having said that, he also posted screenshots and just a look at them made it clear to me what the issue is. I did not have to read that translation.

I do agree that the general issue is clear, however some of the points of the OP still remain a mystery to me:

Before the purchase of the 7% speedykvm

What does that 7% signify? Is that a failed translation of days, weeks, or months? I cannot figure that out, not even by reading his product details, as his current service will expire in about 4 months time, so he has had it for 8 months.

bought did not use,

Did the OP not use his vps for the 8 months that he paid for it?

has been eating ash,

eh? fartmother much?

open the next few days to see renewal prices rose,after tk was told the price increase.

This part I can understand, as the OP had to manually log in to the control panel to find out that the prices had been raised, he ticketed in and the reply was that the prices had been increased.

This tune is too casual, too far from it. Recurring of $ 16.8 raised directly to $ 36.12.

With some creative interpreting of the english language I could read "they increased it too much to not notify me of the change", but the exact meaning will remain a mystery.

Recurring did not recognize the bill paid year, the year did not use the head, then why not write a year discount, or one-time discount it?

Same as the previous sentence: If I try really hard I can read "as the recurring discount was not recurring, why wasn't it advertised as one-year/one-time only discount?"

I hope you can agree on that the OP was too unclear to judge in a few minutes, hence my move to the offtopic section until this could be figured out. Still missing a reply from the provider, but other users have reported that their price also increased without notification.

I still do not agree with the first sentence of the OP, which was also the original title of the thread

speedykvm.com how, speedykvm.com is a liar, cheating users to buy

They (skvm) could have full-well intended to have this discount as recurring, but a change during the year (ex: "some bug making cpus less efficient, requiring us to spin up more nodes for the same workloads") forced them to increase pricing.

And yet again, they should have emailed their users about the price increase, yes.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

teamacc said: however some of the points of the OP still remain a mystery to me:

@caracal has provided a more accurate translation in the 4th post.

dbman said: Stop censoring content then? How about letting users make their own context by reading everything as it actually is instead of making one by consuming whats served to them. By moving/deleting/editing threads/comments/titles from public view leaves them with a different "modified" picture of how things are.

Hey new member,

Because when the hosts disappear due to the toxic environment, the members disappear because the hosts are gone. We're trying to actually maintain a community, not allow it to implode. People have historically and repeatedly tried to use it as a platform to shame hosts into doing what they demand of them, by threatening bad reviews, etc. This has in the past caused providers to limit their interactions here because it creates a loop in which interacting here further causes increased interest/interaction from members here, which causes increased negativity against their brand because of a bunch of assholes who use bad reviews as a blackmail currency.

I'm thrilled that you want to be a part of our community, but we didn't just arrive where we are in a day. We've been here for years dealing with and trying different things. We'll continue to evolve as we go. But what is absolutely not on the table is "free for all against providers" because that takes the community with it.

• @jarland said: The very moment you started making these accusations or implying them, where @teamacc was the moderator managing this thread, nullifies the entire thing. I am the person in leadership here who has a bias in favor of Incero (and not without good reason), and I took zero action here. If we're going to claim @teamacc has the bias as well, then I'll propose we're merely attempting to shame/lobby for unfair treatment of a host that we irrationally hate.

Don't get me wrong. I have found @teamacc's responses very much balanced and not implying any bias there. May be sometimes the other mods might have this unavoidable inclination to react in a manner how boss would do :P

dbman said: May be sometimes the other mods might have this unavoidable inclination to react in a manner how boss would do :P

Regardless, this continues to be all I ask of moderators here: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0386f1qk0f

• @jarland said:

dbman said: May be sometimes the other mods might have this unavoidable inclination to react in a manner how boss would do :P

Regardless, this continues to be all I ask of moderators here: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0386f1qk0f

Leaking my private messages eh?

• teamacc said: I still do not agree with the first sentence of the OP, which was also the original title of the thread

Which has been my fucking point the entire time.

Thanked by 1Lee

teamacc said: Leaking my private messages eh?

I know what you did.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

No ones opinions matter really, we have facts.

Recurring offer based on LET rules made, price changed, no notice, rules were broken.

act on it.

simple.

In my 'opinion' the simple thing is to not allow them to do any more yearly offers.

• AnthonySmith said: No ones opinions matter really, we have facts.

Recurring offer based on LET rules made, price changed, no notice, rules were broken.

Was it actually an LET offer?

They don't post a lot of offers here. Most seem to come in via other members reposting deals found elsewhere.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

Nekki said: Was it actually an LET offer?

They don't post a lot of offers here. Most seem to come in via other members reposting deals found elsewhere.

Well, I was able to track a yearly offer from them, but sure if it was not then just delete the entire f******g thread, it is baseless and the OP is 100% at fault.

It should take no time to confirm though with the OP + promo codes, lock the thread until then before any damage is done I guess would be sensible.

• AnthonySmith said: Well, I was able to track a yearly offer from them,

I found one posted here 'officially', but it didn't relate to this plan.

I can't find this specific plan offered here, but I only looked for about 10 mins in my lunch break.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2018

Not expecting bias is foolish. But, you know what, LET is a lot fairer than, let's say, WHT. WHT is so biased that it ain't even funny. If you are on a paid membership on WHT, you are forgiven for misconducts until you mess up too much.

That's my primary reason to leave there. GVH incident on WHT was the last straw. WHT was the last place to ban GVH because it was getting out of hand. The only reason GVH wasn't banned in time was due to its corporate membership.

Serverhand on WHT is getting the same treatment. He's on a paid membership, so he's being given chances.

Thanked by 1jar
  • RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2018

This just in, Post about LET provider is offtopic on a LET provider forum Thought this was owned by ColoCrossing not Incero.

P.S. My price increased without an email too a while back and that would be the reason given for the cancellation.

• @Rhys said:
    This just in, Post about LET provider is offtopic on a LET provider forum Thought this was owned by ColoCrossing not Incero.

If you actually read the thread you'd know the reason for it being in offtopic. Will update the OP with the translation given in the fourth post and move it back to general

Thanked by 1uptime
  • My DAL-STOR 60 increased from $95.90 to $108.12. An acceptable price I think, also I have 2 years to decide what to do.

But the other ones, more than 100% price increase without notification, doesn't look good. Lack of communication is not good at all.

• @Rhys said:

You may know then - was this an LET offer or just something dragged in off the street?

@Nekki said:

@Rhys said:

You may know then - was this an LET offer or just something dragged in off the street?

I'm pretty sure I got mine from LET, but this was a while back and I don't remember yesterday nevermind last year.

• manlivomanlivo Member
    edited January 2018

OMG!

First Payment Amount
    $33.00 USD
    Recurring Amount
    $36.12 USD

But my vps is stable.

• LeeLee Veteran

deank said: The only reason GVH wasn't banned in time was due to its corporate membership.

Nah, there was far more to it over on WHT but that's old news.

• @Rhys said:

@Nekki said:

@Rhys said:

I'm pretty sure I got mine from LET, but this was a while back and I don't remember yesterday nevermind last year.

What I’m trying to find out is whether it wa an offer thread, or something reposted from elsewhere. I’m sure the offer turned up here, but how is important.

• You are all jumping on the "that price increase is not that much, no big deal" bandwagon, yet the issue here is that the host did not inform the end-users of the price change.

And by the reactions of people posting their price increase I can tell that you too have not been contacted.

Thanked by 1hostdare

@teamacc said:
    You are all jumping on the "that price increase is not that much, no big deal" bandwagon, yet the issue here is that the host did not inform the end-users of the price change.

And by the reactions of people posting their price increase I can tell that you too have not been contacted.

I posted my email history from their WHMCS to prove that point, I all add this though to double it up.

Extremely shitty business practices.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

Nekki said: But that was never what I was arguing against.

Your supermarket analogy is invalid too . I have never seen any supermarket price breads as X% off recurring , they only say " x % discount " which is the first term discount most times .

I come from a shitty country and here ,this will be considered fraud and unethical business practice and will get sufficient fine if someone try this . USA consumer protection laws is many times better than my country . You cannot hide behind a deceptive terms .

There is no issue in increasing price , all businesses do that . But customers must be informed beforehand with notice to move other hosts with sufficient time . ovh did that too but informed everybody publicly and gave time to move out . the way it is being done at incero is like a thief . This is not first instance , I am hearing it since many years .

I vote for future banning of all yearly promos and close down of such thread whether posted by host or by any users to prevent future deception by users here .

heck even cc looks better in this respect ! I had many servers with them for many years and not a single instance such trick was done nor I have heard any such complaints of CC

I have a cabinet with coresite , they clearly mention x% increase every year .

Thanked by 1Yura
  • First Payment Amount
    $100.80 USD
    Recurring Amount
    $108.12 USD

I haven't been notified either.

• @jarland said:

. I am the person in leadership here who has a bias in favor of Incero (and not without good reason), and I took zero action here.

That's what @dbman been saying all along bro. He's just asking for you to keep your bias in check.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited January 2018

@hostdare said:

Nekki said: But that was never what I was arguing against.

Your supermarket analogy is invalid too . I have never seen any supermarket price breads as X% off recurring , they only say " x % discount " which is the first term discount most times .

No analogy stands up if you want to sit there and pick holes endlessly.

The point (which pretty much everyone missed, and was a direct response to another post, not in response to this issue directly) was that many, many business run deep discounts to get you through the door, in the hope that you’ll stay once the discounts have ended.

Whether you do is a choice made up of a number of factors that are different for each of us.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

Nekki said: many business run deep discounts to get you through the door, isn’t the hope that you’ll stay once the discounts have ended

Yes this is what I am telling that . They can do that , but must clearly mentions one time discounts . We also run one time promo and it clearly list as NON RECURRING

Thanked by 2geekalot Yura
This discussion has been closed.