Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

speedykvm.com changed my recurring price without informing me - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

speedykvm.com changed my recurring price without informing me

Comments

• Now I want some biscuits.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @hostdare said:

Nekki said: many business run deep discounts to get you through the door, isn’t the hope that you’ll stay once the discounts have ended

Yes this is what I am telling that . They can do that , but must clearly mentions one time discounts . We also run one time promo and it clearly list as NON RECURRING

Who’s to say the intention wasn’t to make the discount recurring, but something changed?

• @Harzem said:
    Now I want some biscuits.

You’re not kidding, I knew I should have got a pack this morning.

I want some bourbons.

Thanked by 1Harzem
  • The price of one of my several services with them went from $50.40 to $108.12 without any notice. The pricing on others is still the same as when I ordered though. In my opinion it is still an 'ok' price, but I'd have expected to get some email when the price more than doubles...

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

Nekki said: Who’s to say the intention wasn’t to make the discount recurring, but something changed?

so users must not be informed before price change or change hidden ?
    This is not first time complaint . if you search google , there will many years old thread from wht . so things only change with Incero and nobody else in this industry ?

As I said , no issues with price hike , but how it is being done purely deceptive .

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @hostdare said:

Nekki said: Who’s to say the intention wasn’t to make the discount recurring, but something changed?

so users must not be informed before price change or change hidden ?

Did I say that?

No, I did not.

My point is, as it has been all along, increasing the price of a yearly plan is not a ‘scam’ and it doesn’t make a provider a ‘liar’.

Do I agree with all of Incero’s business practices?

No, I don’t. I am not a customer, because of this. I dislike them as a company.

That doesn’t mean I won’t defend them against claims I feel are unfair.

Unfortunately, some people can’t seem to understand that I hold views that allow me to support a provider’s position without actually supporting the provider.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Nekki said: My point is, as it has been all along, increasing the price of a yearly plan is not a ‘scam’ and it doesn’t make a provider a ‘liar’.

ok definitely, then we agree on same thing .

• WSSWSS Member

Because of their good reputation, I convinced myself into getting one of their lowend deals for 3 years, when I'd never trust a host that long.

Here's my reference for 2020 when I'm possibly kicking myself.

Goddammit I want some bikkies now. @Nekki you cunt, I want to LOSE weight.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • LeeLee Veteran

To me the only issue here is that Incero are not informing clients in advance of the change. But lets be fair Gordon gives no fucks at all.

Thanked by 2Nekki WSS
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

We have NEVER changed prices in the middle of a term and required anyone to pay more to keep their service. Apologies your expectations were not met, we do offer the option to lock in pricing for 1,2, and 3 years. Those terms are even discounted more than just paying monthly.

• @SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:
    We have NEVER changed prices in the middle of a term and required anyone to pay more to keep their service. Apologies your expectations were not met, we do offer the option to lock in pricing for 1,2, and 3 years. Those terms are even discounted more than just paying monthly.

But not telling folks that pricing is going up on renewal is shitty.

teamacc said: The part where they did not send out an email informing their users of the price increase is a big mistake on their end imo. @speedykvm_ryan

Thanks for your opinion on this, however, e-mails are automatically sent at renewal time. This client is many months away from his renewal. As not all plans saw this increase there was no big announcement to make.

• WSSWSS Member

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:

teamacc said: The part where they did not send out an email informing their users of the price increase is a big mistake on their end imo. @speedykvm_ryan

Thanks for your opinion on this, however, e-mails are automatically sent at renewal time. This client is many months away from his renewal. As not all plans saw this increase there was no big announcement to make.

..and by not telling them ahead of time, they have relatively little time to migrate if they choose not to pay in some cases shown here, a 100%+ price increase.

Granted many of these deals appear unsustainable (Windows for $18? Really!?), but not telling the client about a price increase at least a month in advance is, in my opinion, slimy.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @hostdare said:

Nekki said: My point is, as it has been all along, increasing the price of a yearly plan is not a ‘scam’ and it doesn’t make a provider a ‘liar’.

ok definitely, then we agree on same thing .

As long as we got there in the end.

Thanked by 1hostdare

Nekki said: But not telling folks that pricing is going up on renewal is shitty.

This is automatically done when their invoice is generated. I can't remember the last time my cable company told me 6 months in advance that my internet bill would go from $59/month to $79/month. I only find out when the invoice is sent to me. Then I contact them and try to renegotiate. I can't think of a time where I posted online and it did anything productive to my account.

@Lee said:
    To me the only issue here is that Incero are not informing clients in advance of the change. But lets be fair Gordon gives no fucks at all.

How many days, weeks or months notice should be provided for a $1/month change? Currently we provide 15 days notice. Should we change it to 30 days for such a large change?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited January 2018

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:

Nekki said: But not telling folks that pricing is going up on renewal is shitty.

This is automatically done when their invoice is generated. I can't remember the last time my cable company told me 6 months in advance that my internet bill would go from $59/month to $79/month.

The difference is, you’re not going to find out until they tell you - you won’t accidentally stumble across the increase and I assume that’s accompanied with a (presumably bullshit) letter explaining things.

Leaving folks to find stuff out without a note from your good-selves is bound to engender a little ill will.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:
    Thanks for your opinion on this, however...

This reads as...'we don't give a shit'.

At very least admit it would be courteous to inform people that you have increased the recurring price? I do of course appreciate that people will get a renewal notice, however, in all likelihood these were purchased on the basis that the discount was stated as being recurring.

Simply understand this. My car insurance renewal comes through. It has doubled in price...am I going to renew? No!

When I took out the car insurance I had no expectation of the price being fixed and simply paid for a years worth of insurance. That does not seem to be the case here, so for all people have been trying to come up with analogies they've somewhat missed the mark as far as I'm concerned.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • WSSWSS Member

Gee, my promotional pricing with my cable company came with terms and conditions, which although not easily read being written on a grain of rice and viewable only under electron microscope- were there.

Voted Slimeball.

• @SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:
    renegotiate

You know how that's gonna go with your billing team.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2018

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:

@Lee said:

How many days, weeks or months notice should be provided for a $1/month change? Currently we provide 15 days notice. Should we change it to 30 days for such a large change?

30 days are always a good time frame for everything. Sounds indeed fair to me, no matter how low the increase or small the change may be. Change it to 30 days. Have less shit hitting your fan. Feel better. It's easy.

Thanked by 3WSS Nekki vimalware

Thanks for the feedback, we will make the change from 15 days notice to 30 days notice. This client will be notified 30 days prior to service expiring. This should help ease peoples concerns that did not wait for the notification.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2018

SpeedyKVM_Ryan said: How many days, weeks or months notice should be provided for a $1/month change? Currently we provide 15 days notice. Should we change it to 30 days for such a large change?

I get that and your right, $1 in a year should not be an issue, to me anyway. But at double the price (as seen with the op) annually that is a big change regardless of the low amount. It is for many people.

Although I do note that you have changed the price months in advance of the renewal, can you not generate an email on change, the more notice the better, but 30 days does seem reasonable.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • WSSWSS Member

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:
    Thanks for the feedback, we will make the change from 15 days notice to 30 days notice. This client will be notified 30 days prior to service expiring. This should help ease peoples concerns that did not wait for the notification.

Do it globally, not for "this client".

Thanked by 3hostdare vimalware LjL
  • @adamluk said:

When I took out the car insurance I had no expectation of the price being fixed and simply paid for a years worth of insurance. That does not seem to be the case here, so for all people have been trying to come up with analogies they've somewhat missed the mark as far as I'm concerned.

To use your car insurance as a example; it doubled in price, so you cancelled. You reasonably, had an expectation that the renewal would be in the ballpark of the previous year, and when it wasn’t you walked away and found a new insurance provider.

You didn’t (I assume) run around accusing them of being scammer and liars, because nowhere did they guarantee the renewal price.

• I think that the advance notice should also larger in case the % increase on the fees is large (it appears that in this particular case, there are many customers whose charges are more than 2-3x the original amount). Plus when you factor in something like a storage service, it is also important that the customer have enough time to both find an alternative and move the (relatively large) data out comfortably. Plus this also gives the customer an opportunity to negotiate for a new price if that is possible at all.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM geekalot
  • @WSS said:

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:

I assume he meant all clients. Probably just a typo.

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited January 2018

Another change you might consider is get rid of..... Recurring Price

I think this give folks the expectation there going to get the same deal on renewal

• WSSWSS Member

@Amitz said:

@WSS said:

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:

I want him to acknowledge so.

edited January 2018

@WSS said:

@Amitz said:

@WSS said:

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:

I want him to acknowledge so.

This is absolutely for all clients. Globally for all clients this was set for 15 days, it has been changed to 30 days :) Would be silly to make a change for a single client.

This discussion has been closed.