Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serverhand provided false info during PayPal dispute, wins the dispute - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Serverhand provided false info during PayPal dispute, wins the dispute

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@muffin said:

@rustyhalo said:

ServerHand said: @rustyhalo I have recreated your VPS since you lost your case with paypal. I sent you new details.

>

Will you please just refund me?

Uhm, he gave you back what you wanted in the first place. Why would you want a refund?

He wants a refund now rather than later because he doesn't expect to actually get one so why not get one now while he's in the public eye before people forget about him?

• @rustyhalo said:
    Get some help, man.

I'd almost wish we'd be dealing with some summer host here. Apart from any ethical and legal implications, this attitude and behaviour from a 36 year old man is a disgrace.

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited December 2017

The quicker everybody submits complaints to the Florida Attorney General's Consumer Division (with the link I provided above) is the fastest way he can be investigated for a lot of illegal business practices I've seen people in Florida get in a lot of trouble for. It doesn't matter if you're overseas or outside the state, as this would definitely get a lot more state AGs involved.

FL AG Pam Bondi is ruthless.

Thanked by 2mksh fan
  • bitswitch said: 36 year old

Oh shoot, 36 years old? What a time to be alive.

• doughmanes said: The quicker everybody submits complaints to the Florida Attorney General's Consumer Division

Will do that after I talk to PayPal later. Thank you for your information.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @ServerHand said:
    1) I provided a service 2) service was active 3) person made a dispute with paypal after service was delivered and currently being delivered 4) I disagreed with dispute.

Just to fix this

2a) you decide to cancel those paid accounts without a refund

• Just read the paypal thingy

The difference is minor between the item listed and the item you received.

@Serverhand how did you come up with that story when there's a price hike of 600% during the first month of a yearly service. Really.

If you had any respect for this community you would actually read what your client wants, which he made clear is a refund. Especially after being mistreated like this.

And don't come up with a bullshit story about how the client made a claim. The screenshots clearly show that the seller (=you) escalated this to a claim.

Thanked by 2bitswitch maverickp
  • This entire story, along with the provider's statements, is just getting more and more ridiculous.

• I'm siding with @bitswitch.

Anyway, I swear, is this the first time LET has had a legitimate PayPal dispute?

I'm seeing new things everyday, I guess.

Thanked by 1willie
  • ServerHand said: Exactly. He had service when he disputed it as well.

>

muffin said: Uhm, he gave you back what you wanted in the first place. Why would you want a refund?

If it was me, I would no longer want to be his customer. Treat a customer like shit and still think he was "kind"? Oh man, what the fuck is happening in this world?

For a manner of a seller, I am sure that you will lose a lot of future customers. Dealing with this kind of case requires a lot of experience, which you don't have any.

Thanked by 1tarasis
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

teamacc said: If you had any respect for this community

That's just a great time for the usual provider reply to such a thing. I'll go ahead and make it for them:

We're not serious about this community and just wanted to offer some promos for fun. This isn't where we make our money from.

I assure you even when it's obvious that they have no money, this is always the angle used to attempt to save face here. We're just some little tiny community that can't generate a profit for hosts (nevermind that mxroute grew exponentially and rivaled my primary income solely from LET users, nah you guys are just a bunch of poor cheap people who never buy anything for more than $0.01).

• levnodelevnode Member
    edited December 2017

jarland said: We're not serious about this community and just wanted to offer some promos for fun. This isn't where we make our money from.

@jarland: Why this quote doesn't show the author's name?
    Nevermind, I misunderstood.

levnode said: Nevermind, I misunderstood

That your instinct was to assume it was a legitimate quote tells me I hit the nail on the head ;)

• @jarland said:

teamacc said: If you had any respect for this community

That's just a great time for the usual provider reply to such a thing. I'll go ahead and make it for them:

We're not serious about this community and just wanted to offer some promos for fun. This isn't where we make our money from.

I assure you even when it's obvious that they have no money, this is always the angle used to attempt to save face here. We're just some little tiny community that can't generate a profit for hosts (nevermind that mxroute grew exponentially and rivaled my primary income solely from LET users, nah you guys are just a bunch of poor cheap people who never buy anything for more than $0.01).

At the moment, it seems pretty clear that ServerHand doesn't have enough "high-end" customers, and even in the best scenario, it would take them a while to build up a high-end customer base, and the present crisis is far from the best scenario.

• LeeLee Veteran

angstrom said: doesn't have enough "high-end" customers

Somewhere in the thread he did say that before the BF offer he had 30 clients.

• @Lee said:

And he claimed to have 100+ clients that probably need refunding. In this thread he told us about his progress on that: "a handful have been refunded".

I cannot see this end any other way than in a crash and burn situation.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The dude (Serverhand) is very inconsistent in his post at times. It's almost as if he's having mental breakdown (similar to PMS). <- Reminds me of GVH now.

And his refusal to answer regarding Chinese customers is pure disgrace. This ain't 36 years old. May 26 or even 16.

He does need to be banned but not right away. Let us have some fun first.

• LeeLee Veteran

deank said: Reminds me of GVH now

Wait, plot twist, what if it is really Jonny...

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • mkshmksh Member
    edited December 2017

@deank said:
    The dude (Serverhand) is very inconsistent in his post at times. It's almost as if he's having mental breakdown (similar to PMS). <- Reminds me of GVH now.

Noticed this too and then you have stuff like https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2562373/#Comment_2562373 which almost seems like it's written by a different person. I also wonder if alcohol has something to do with the bizzare behavior. Besides redesigning the website at just this point in time???

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited December 2017

Offer is still on the table for a road trip crowd funded by LET. I'll even take video.

• @Lee said:

Yeah, I know, but it's not clear which plans those customers were on. Before BF, his low-end plan cost $15/year, which is maybe just barely sustainable. One needs high-end customers to offset this.

edited December 2017

mksh said: I also wonder if alcohol has something to do with the bizzare behavior

I wonder if his mother died recently or if he's had any very personal medical issues. Does anyone live near him that maybe has some free time to break into his house and observe his behavior from a closet?

This place sometimes, Jesus.

Just put your head into a big jar and we will have more people like ServerFist.

• @jarland said:

mksh said: I also wonder if alcohol has something to do with the bizzare behavior

I wonder if his mother died recently or if he's had any very personal medical issues.

Yeah, now that you say it. That would explain the posting pattern. The pills make him drowsy so he sleeps a lot and just wakes up at random times during the day.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I really enjoy the festive nature of this form.

Getting bilked - it's a party!

• jarland said: Does anyone live near him that maybe has some free time to break into his house and observe his behavior from a closet?

I don't think I'm 'near', but I'll take one for the team if this is needed.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I'm 4 hours away and KuJoe is closer.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

What I don't get and the reason I believe no one is getting a refund is because who the hell needs a form to deal with 130 customers total when 99% of the problem orders were in the same 48 hours and you already have a ticket system.

Its either, I want a refund or I want service, you don't need a form for 2 options unless you chose not to email it to most people and try and use it as a thin excuse for not refunding later.

I would never usually say this, but I firmly believe he is out to screw people, I think everyone should just pick a date and time e.g. 22nd December at 10pm Florida time and everyone should open a 'claim' if they paid with PayPal balance or put a charge back in if they paid by CC.

Only when they come in volumes will PayPal take note to investigate further.

@AnthonySmith, he basically created an additional step (aka obstruction) to make refunding more hassle and could give him some leverage in disputes.

In short, the dude is a dick.

• @jarland said: This place sometimes, Jesus.

For a moment, I thought that you were addressing Jesus.