Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serverhand provided false info during PayPal dispute, wins the dispute - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Serverhand provided false info during PayPal dispute, wins the dispute

Comments

• @angstrom said:
    Well, on the Google docs form (I filled it out last Thursday), it says to allow from one to four weeks for the refund, which is indeed a significant wait.

After you submit the form, you won't receive any confirmation by email that the form has been submitted.

It would seem @rustyhalo did not even get the form in the first place. I presume many customers did not, particularly Chinese customers.

• @bitswitch said:

@angstrom said:
    Well, on the Google docs form (I filled it out last Thursday), it says to allow from one to four weeks for the refund, which is indeed a significant wait.

After you submit the form, you won't receive any confirmation by email that the form has been submitted.

It would seem @rustyhalo did not even get the form in the first place. I presume many customers did not, particularly Chinese customers.

So @rustyhalo didn't receive the email last week with the link to the Google docs form? (@rustyhalo doesn't seem to be Chinese, but I may be mistaken.)

• rustyhalorustyhalo Member
    edited December 2017

angstrom said: (@rustyhalo doesn't seem to be Chinese, but I may be mistaken.)

I am an American born Chinese. Currently visiting my grandparents in Shanghai so I ordered with Chinese address to avoid MaxMind error.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Clouvider said:
    And so the chargebacks will now start as many have warned.

It’s not a chargeback, I think the OP is right to have a full refund as looking at the ticket which he attached and in my understanding:
    1) the OP paid for service which provider can’t supply.

2) why it’s OP fault and why he should to wait for a refund for next year, if service seller at fault?

3) as seller I believe if you offered something and can’t fulfill the contract, why you do penalise the customer for it?

If I was in OP shoes and someone tried to do the same with me, I will definitely skip PayPal dispute and open a chargeback as definitely such seller/provider deserves one!

Thanked by 2Clouvider Janevski
  • @bitswitch said:
    What decision?

You already made the decision to cancel all services in question and the customer clearly wanted a refund. What decision?

For the fourth time no response.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2017

@rustyhalo said:

I am an American born Chinese. Currently visiting my grandparents in Shanghai so I ordered with Chinese address to avoid MaxMind error.

Does it matter what nationality? We had some Chinese customers who spent over £12k in services in the same year and no fuss or issues.

• @ServerHand said:
    @trewq They incorrectly tried to do a chargeback, they still had service and no decision had been made. I have a list of people to refund and have already refunded a handful of people.

You are really a dick. How many people have received your refund? Have a list of people to refund doesn't mean anything.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@WebProject said:

@rustyhalo said:

Does it matter what nationality? We had some Chinese customers who spent over £12k in services in the same year and fuss or issues.

I think it's brought up because there's allegations that @ServerHand only sent the refund form to non-Chinese clients. It appears there are more people on this site confirming this which is why nationality is being brought up (and I believe it was ServerHand who first brought up the Chinese clientele in the first thread).

Thanked by 2HyperSpeed Maounique
  • @WebProject said:
    Does it matter what nationality? We had some Chinese customers who spent over £12k in services in the same year and fuss or issues.

Of course it shouldnt matter, but the refund notification wasnt sent to them in the first place.

• LeeLee Veteran

Can anyone access his site from China, is he blocking the whole range or by client IP?

• rustyhalorustyhalo Member
    edited December 2017

Lee said: Can anyone access his site from China, is he blocking the whole range or by client IP?

>

No. Not when I placed my order and contacted them via ticket. Will verify later when I get back home, right now I am roaming Verzion and have a US IP.

• TaoronTaoron Member
    edited December 2017

sigh.

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited December 2017

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=ARCANUMSERVICES L160000982490&aggregateId=flal-l16000098249-5a30487b-544f-4a5d-a7b9-515fce4c4dae&searchTerm=arcanum services&listNameOrder=ARCANUMSERVICES L160000982490

Complain to the Florida Attorney General's consumer product division http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact?OpenForm&Section=Consumer_Protection_Division

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dustin1 moved from Texas to Apopka. Almost 100% sure its him.

Apopka is about 4 hours from me. Pool about $1500 together and I'll go break his jaw I wouldn't shed a tear if somebody broke his jaw (hypothetical situation that does not call for immediate lawlessness)

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • Address is the Apopka post office in Orange County, Florida.

• @rustyhalo I have recreated your VPS since you lost your case with paypal. I sent you new details.

• ServerHand said: @rustyhalo I have recreated your VPS since you lost your case with paypal. I sent you new details.

>

Will you please just refund me?

• muffinmuffin Member
    edited December 2017

@rustyhalo said:

ServerHand said: @rustyhalo I have recreated your VPS since you lost your case with paypal. I sent you new details.

>

Uhm, he gave you back what you wanted in the first place. Why would you want a refund?

• TaoronTaoron Member
    edited December 2017

@muffin said:

@rustyhalo said:

ServerHand said: @rustyhalo I have recreated your VPS since you lost your case with paypal. I sent you new details.

>

Uhm, he gave you back what you wanted in the first place. Why would you want a refund?

Exactly. He had service when he disputed it as well.

• @muffin said:

Seriously? After all what happened?

@ServerHand said:
    Exactly. He had service when you disputed that as well.

So you are going to provide that service for a full more year?

• muffin said: Uhm, he gave you back what you wanted in the first place. Why would you want a refund?

>

You've got to be kidding me. That's not what I wanted in the first place.

Thanked by 2HyperSpeed maverickp
  • @ServerHand said:
    sigh.

You’ve edited now but:

• @rustyhalo said:

muffin said: Uhm, he gave you back what you wanted in the first place. Why would you want a refund?

>

You've got to be kidding me. That's not what I wanted in the first place.

Sorry, but I don’t get it... you ordered a vps for $25/year , and you got the same thing back right?

• How about you update your About Us page to replace "Main Office" with "US Post Office" or at least spend some money for a virtual office.

• ServerHand said: Exactly. He had service when he disputed it as well.

>

Seriously? If you keep your promise and deliver what I ordered -- which is a full year of service, who would dispute in the first place? You sent email about the change on your side, broke the contract, refused to refund, started drama in LET. What are you expecting?

• @bitswitch said:

I intend to. There's been some mistakes made, but the way this was handled was that 1) I provided a service 2) service was active 3) person made a dispute with paypal after service was delivered and currently being delivered 4) I disagreed with dispute.

I'm being kind and re-enabling his account and VPS that was disabled DUE to the dispute.

• @ServerHand said:
    Whatever.

Stop it. You might have to do what you are doing but just accept that there is no honor about it.

Your costumer obviosly wanted a refund and it's clearly justified as your service has become useless to him. Insisting to move him to a plan that is 6 times more expensive is simply offensive. If you gotta have the nerve to try that keep it at one try and humbly give up after that. Don't assume they have the patience to wait until you are capable (and/or willing) to refund them and bullshit paypal on technicalities. It's crystal clear you are not going to honor the contract.

Also quit waving your stupid little form unless you can answer the question if you really sent it to everyone with a straight: YES. I wonder why you did'nt do that yet as you had countless opportunities to do so. Now people are saying you are blocking their IPs (and funnily it's those that seem to not have gotten your refund offer) so they have no chance to even open a ticket asking for a refund. This is a new level of offensive.

I know there will be no reply from you. Just a continuous stream of selfrightous bullshit. You managed to get some sympathy yesterday but it think it's safe to say you wasted it all. Nice job.

• @ServerHand said:
    I intend to.

Really?

There's been some mistakes made

Mistakes?

but the way this was handled was that 1) I provided a service 2) service was active 3) person made a dispute with paypal after service was delivered and currently being delivered 4) I disagreed with dispute.

What about the 500 postings long thread where you want to deactivate accounts without refunds? You must have missed that.

I'm being kind and re-enabling his account and VPS that was disabled DUE to the dispute.

You gotta be joking! "Kind"?

If you hadnt announced that you stop offering the services that were paid for, there would have never been a (rightful) dispute in the first place.

• @mksh said:
    I know there will be no reply from you. Just a continuous stream of selfrightous bullshit. You managed to get some sympathy yesterday but it think it's safe to say you wasted it all. Nice job.

Absolutely correct!

• ServerHand said: I'm being kind and re-enabling his account and VPS that was disabled DUE to the dispute.

>

BEING KIND? Seriously? Submitting false information to gain favor in a PayPal dispute is called BEING KIND? Get some help, man.

Thanked by 3Clouvider Jord LjL
  • @ServerHand said:

@bitswitch said:

I intend to.

Wow, so now you are saying you are not even going to terminate people? Is there anything that you are sure of or better is there anything that you won't twist to serve your agenda of the minute?