Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serverhand provided false info during PayPal dispute, wins the dispute - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Serverhand provided false info during PayPal dispute, wins the dispute

Comments

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

@rustyhalo said:
    Sorry for bothering, but am I eligible for a refugee offer from you guys?

A 2GB VPS for $25/year isn't anywhere near sustainable for me, sorry.

I wasn't aware his antics extended to making deals like that.

• AnthonySmith said: CALL PayPal, do not use the web ui and ask to appeal the decision, explain it to them, you will be surprised how far that gets you.

>

Thank you, I will call them during their office hours.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • ramnet said: A 2GB VPS for $25/year isn't anywhere near sustainable for me, sorry.

>

Yeah I am aware of that, I am willing to take whatever you guys could offer.

Also OP just so you know, from what I understand, ServerHand is basically insolvent at this point (they have admitted themselves they have no money in PayPal on this site already).

So, if you do get a refund through PayPal, it would be PayPal taking the loss, rather than recovering anything from ServerHand to give to you.

In other words, be prepared for PayPal to not give you any help whatsoever.

@rustyhalo said:
    Yeah I am aware of that, I am willing to take whatever you guys could offer.

We'll continue that via PM. I've sent you a message now.

Thanked by 2ehab rustyhalo
  • Exiting low end market with a bang! Nice

• @rustyhalo said:
    Thank you, I will call them during their office hours.

please update us after you make the call, i would like to know how the conversation went and end result.

at the end maybe you'll get something from ramnet which is a good thing "out of the blue" : ) anyway, good luck and lesson learned new providers with low prices are high risks.

Thanked by 1rustyhalo
  • ehab said: please update us after you make the call, i would like to know how the conversation went and end result.

>

Thank you so much! Will definitely keep you guys updated, and Kudos to @ramnet for kind offering.

• @rustyhalo: Although I sympathize, technically, you jumped the gun, because you still had your service when you filed a PayPal dispute. You should have waited until ServerHand actually canceled your service if you wanted to go that route. And you can't really expect PayPal to try to make sense of some thread on LET. This said, I sympathize.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2017

angstrom said: @rustyhalo: Although I sympathize, technically, you jumped the gun

Agree, however it is not normal circumstances so I can understand why he did it and why PayPal said no.

This is a train wreck only because of @Serverhand, not the clients who have paid.

Thanked by 2vedran Maounique
  • @Lee said:
    This is a train wreck only because of @Serverhand, not the clients who have paid.

And they had an entire week to rectify and fix their mess.

Now it turned into a scam.

• you just copy pasta the LET thread to paypal ?

• @Lee said: This is a train wreck only because of @Serverhand, not the clients who have paid.

I suspect that the ServerHand drama will last for weeks still.

At this point, @ServerHand will do everything to avoid losing PayPal disputes, but in a way, this is rational: from his point of view, this is exactly what he should try to do. But this means that he can't cancel a server without offering a refund, for otherwise the risk is too high that the customer will file a dispute and win. Given that he has very limited cash (this we've been told), he will try to avoid canceling servers until absolutely necessary, and we don't know how long or short a time this is.

Of course, for the customer, this means living in uncertainty: having a VPS that could be canceled at any time. (I decided that it wasn't worth it and accepted @ramnet's refugee offer.) But if the customer files a PayPal dispute before the server is canceled, the dispute very-very probably won't be successful, and the customer will end up losing both his/her server and his/her money.

• MeMyselfandLinux said: you just copy pasta the LET thread to paypal ?

>

No, I described my situation and quoted, and I attached the link for ticket history in my claim, the format is a mess after submission

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

I dunno why a 3rd party keeps giving statements here on the situation.

PayPal has means of recovering the money from the merchant, don’t worry about it.

• LeeLee Veteran

rustyhalo said: No, I described my situation and quoted, and I attached the link for ticket history in my claim, the format is a mess after submission

As Anthony said, give them a call, show them that your account has now been closed and there is no access to the account at all. Rather than refer to this site (which will not help your case), just clearly explain the facts. It can still be won.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • I have told people I will refund them, I have been refunding, and I even have a spreadsheet of people to refund. If someone chooses to dispute it before any decision (such as in this case, this was mid last-week) then I will fight it.

I have on the form "refund in 1-4 weeks"

Thank you.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

ServerHand said: If someone chooses to dispute it before any decision (such as in this case, this was mid last-week) then I will fight it.

That makes literally no sense. Just press the refund button on the dispute...

• @trewq They incorrectly tried to do a chargeback, they still had service and no decision had been made. I have a list of people to refund and have already refunded a handful of people.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@ServerHand said:
    @trewq They incorrectly tried to do a chargeback, they still had service and no decision had been made. I have a list of people to refund and have already refunded a handful of people.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. If you're planning on refunding them anyway why not terminate the service and refund?

Thanked by 1Epve
  • @ServerHand said:
    @trewq They incorrectly tried to do a chargeback, they still had service and no decision had been made. I have a list of people to refund and have already refunded a handful of people.

What decision?

You already made the decision to cancel all services in question and the customer clearly wanted a refund. What decision?

• @Serverhand How about me? I can't access my vps as well as your site.

• LeeLee Veteran

trewq said: Sorry, I'm a bit confused. If you're planning on refunding them anyway why not terminate the service and refund?

He has no money, that's why.

• rustyhalorustyhalo Member
    edited December 2017

ServerHand said: I have on the form "refund in 1-4 weeks"

>

I did not get any form nor email notification.

• ServerHand said: then I will fight it.

Fight it? Please put this kind of energy in maintaining your business and keeping your promises. Thank you!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ServerHand said: @trewq They incorrectly tried to do a chargeback, they still had service and no decision had been made. I have a list of people to refund and have already refunded a handful of people.

A dispute is not a chargeback, it is a dispute, and given how much you are fucking around, it is not surprising.

People bought a service for a year, you made it pretty clear that is not happening, you made it pretty clear if you are Chinese you are not getting a refund, if they need to move on they should not have to wait for your timescales and you will probably try and prorate the time you made them wait too.

If your intent was to refund anyway, just hit refund.

• bitswitchbitswitch Member
    edited December 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    A dispute is not a chargeback, it is a dispute, and given how much you are fucking around, it is not surprising.

People bought a service for a year, you made it pretty clear that is not happening, you made it pretty clear if you are Chinese you are not getting a refund, if they need to move on they should not have to wait for your timescales and you will probably try and prorate the time you made them wait too.

If your intent was to refund anyway, just hit refund.

This and nothing else.

• @rustyhalo said:

ServerHand said: I have on the form "refund in 1-4 weeks"

I did not get any form nor email notification.

Well, on the Google docs form (I filled it out last Thursday), it says to allow from one to four weeks for the refund, which is indeed a significant wait.

After you submit the form, you won't receive any confirmation by email that the form has been submitted.