Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WSS' INSIDER SCOOP - YOU WANT CHEAP VPS? I HAVE VPS. MAKE NICE! GOOD! TIME! - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WSS' INSIDER SCOOP - YOU WANT CHEAP VPS? I HAVE VPS. MAKE NICE! GOOD! TIME!

Comments

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@WSS said:

@brueggus said:
    Luckily I didn't. I had quite a few good laughs about the people freaking out. And I smell another troll right here.

I just think that you should be more customer-oriented. Free migrations, canned messages n stuff.

lol because reselling deals you can't buy for a little cash to fund a side project is totally worth a provider tag?

I guess I'm not good at this irony stuff :(

• @brueggus said:

@WSS said:

@brueggus said:
    Luckily I didn't. I had quite a few good laughs about the people freaking out. And I smell another troll right here.

I just think that you should be more customer-oriented. Free migrations, canned messages n stuff.

lol because reselling deals you can't buy for a little cash to fund a side project is totally worth a provider tag?

Sarcasm isn't irony.. you gotta lay it on THICK.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@WSS said:

@brueggus said:

@WSS said:

@brueggus said:

Sarcasm isn't irony.. you gotta lay it on THICK.

Will do next time.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@brueggus said:
    Will do next time.

THIS IS OFFICIALLY ON HOLD FOR THE MOMENT FOR THEM TO CATCH UP. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

• @WSS said: Be nice, Crayola.

This is the first time that anyone has called me that. Maybe not a good sign ... :-(

Anyway, Roberta Robert and I, we're good, I was just pulling her his leg!

• @angstrom said:
    Anyway, Roberta Robert and I, we're good, I was just pulling her his leg!

Its all good :)

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Update: no updates. Nothing has been pushed in 12 hours.

• So basically we need to $8 to transfer the vps ? You know $3 send to you and $5 sent to virmach ? Or am I missing something ?

@WSS said:
    Update: no updates. Nothing has been pushed in 12 hours.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@yokowasis said:
    So basically we need to $8 to transfer the vps ? You know $3 send to you and $5 sent to virmach ? Or am I missing something ?

@WSS said:
    Update: no updates. Nothing has been pushed in 12 hours

The fees are always to the holder, which are generally $3, but can be $5; that is in my charge.

I'm saying that nothing has changed in 12+ hours. Some have been waiting for over a day now. Not processing any more orders until they catch up.

• Still nothing this afternoon. Sorry, folks. I've gently poked Virmach and they said things will be handled, but I still have no ETA.

Thanked by 1tarasis
  • Thanks for the update, it'll happen when it happens :)

• Given that it's more or less a sales thing, they ppl handling that might not be around during the weekend. I'm fine if it goes into next week, just don't want to be surprised by that.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

I was excited to see messages waiting for me this morning.

I've been billed for the transfers, however no transfers have yet occurred from the last batch.

Apologies, folks- I hope this will be resolved this weekend, but I have no idea. I know they got slammed from the BF purchases, where I guess plenty of others had similar ideas.

Due to differing expectations, and the amount of time this has taken vs what it has earned for the project, this will be the final year. (I still have a couple juicy deals left, but I might just let them expire. I've managed to purchase batteries and power adapters already.. the rest would help cover HDs.)

Thanked by 4ehab willie tarasis bersy
  • @willie said:

WSS said: SINCE SHILLING HERE IS COMMON ... CHECK OUT @HO-OST'S 3 KVM OFFER

DOESN'T COUNT, NO AFF LINK. TRY AGAIN.

Definitely missed out on them big affiliate bucks @WSS

• @Ho-ost said:

@willie said:

WSS said: SINCE SHILLING HERE IS COMMON ... CHECK OUT @HO-OST'S 3 KVM OFFER

DOESN'T COUNT, NO AFF LINK. TRY AGAIN.

Definitely missed out on them big affiliate bucks @WSS

Dem's the breaks!

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • I find it incredibly amusing that Michael's name breaks LET. He's like @exception0x876, only instead of trying to figure out his damn name, you can't @call him. : D

Thanked by 2MichaelCee bersy
  • @WSS said:
    I find it incredibly amusing that Michael's name breaks LET. He's like @exception0x876, only instead of trying to figure out his damn name, you can't @call him. : D

It means I have to search regularly for @ho-ost instead of receiving notifications :(

• @Ho-ost said:

@WSS said:
    I find it incredibly amusing that Michael's name breaks LET. He's like @exception0x876, only instead of trying to figure out his damn name, you can't @call him. : D

It means I have to search regularly for @ho-ost instead of receiving notifications :(

#BRING_BACK_THE_BRA

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @WSS said:

@Ho-ost said:

@WSS said:

#BRING_BACK_THE_BRA

I thought they were already burned

• @user123 said:

@WSS said:

@Ho-ost said:

@WSS said:

#BRING_BACK_THE_BRA

I thought they were already burned

Not Michaels'. He keeps them safe.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

Still no transfers since Thursday (most are still waiting since Wednesday). Sorry, folks. :(

Your donations have already helped!

Pictured are the power supplies and batteries that you helped purchase (along with the D620, D505, D610), and my own beloved Core2Duo that I'm relinquishing to the cause. It REALLY did not want to be loaded with Windows. Generic-RAM-in-a-baggy courtesy @AuroraZ. I may donate my Inspiron 1525 as well, since @AuroraZ is fixing up and selling Toughbooks, which would make a hell of a lot more sense for automotive work.

NEXT/CONCURRENT PROJECTS:

These are Acer desktops that are i3 grade (no idea why they have Pentium stickers), but being former-government hardware, the HDs were destroyed, and someone decided to cherrypick the RAM. So, right now they've got about 512MB each, and no drives. @flatland_spider and @AuroraZ (again) are working on finding me cheap hardware, but I can't very-well give someone a semi-current desktop with 1/8th of the RAM that Windows expects.

There are 4 of these (complete with all hardware, 15"+ LCDs, etc), and a crappy Core2Duo Dell Optiplex with bad caps.

• @WSS said:

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE VIRMACH:

1 * 2GB/10GB/400G Los Angeles - $11/yr rebill; $15 transferred.

1 * 2GB/5GB/500G New York - $12/yr rebill; $16 transferred.

4 * 1G/10G/1TB - $22/yr - yours for $12.50 transferred. Yes, $12.50!

Locations: Chicago, Atlanta, Los Angles, Germany.

The one in Germany, is it still avail?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@dzungbb said:

@WSS said:

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE VIRMACH:

1 * 2GB/10GB/400G Los Angeles - $11/yr rebill; $15 transferred.

1 * 2GB/5GB/500G New York - $12/yr rebill; $16 transferred.

4 * 1G/10G/1TB - $22/yr - yours for $12.50 transferred. Yes, $12.50!

Locations: Chicago, Atlanta, Los Angeles.

The one in Germany, is it still avail?

I'm afraid not. All plans I have left are in the US, but I have both East and West coast (and a little in the Midwest). I'm not offering anything else for sale until VirMach catches up. At this rate, it may be June.

Thank you everyone for your patience.

• By the way: Do I have to take a VPS or can I also just donate some pennies for the project?

Thanked by 2WSS inthecloudblog
  • @Amitz said:
    By the way: Do I have to take a VPS or can I also just donate some pennies for the project?

You can have a VPS if you want one, or you can donate! We'll even take your filthy eurodance cash for the cause!

Thanked by 2Amitz inthecloudblog
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2017

WSS said: You can have a VPS if you want one, or you can donate! We'll even take your filthy eurodance cash for the cause!

Please kindly provide me with a paypal eMail address via private message and the both of us are set. No need for a VPS. I would even be so kind to let Mother Paypal convert those Euro-Goldies to US-Tin before sending them. :)

• @Amitz said:

NOT before a dance!

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @ehab said:

@Amitz said:

NOT before a dance!

You don't want to see that x-x

• Donation sent. Thank you for doing something for those who need it.

• ehabehab Member
    edited December 2017

@Yura said:

ooohh thanks for the reminder, removed this part.... respect to Amitz.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog