Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WSS' INSIDER SCOOP - YOU WANT CHEAP VPS? I HAVE VPS. MAKE NICE! GOOD! TIME! - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WSS' INSIDER SCOOP - YOU WANT CHEAP VPS? I HAVE VPS. MAKE NICE! GOOD! TIME!

Comments

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

Thanks so much for your donation, @Amitz. This should be more than enough to get drives for the desktops, providing we find a NEW used-but-trustworthy vendor.

E: My previous vendors aren't bad, but I want to ensure we have at least a 6 month warranty on used hardware- it'd suck to get these out only to find that they won't boot.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @tarasis said:

@angstrom said:

@WSS said: That's @angstrom. He's the crayon hoarder.

hoarder --> collector

Tomato, Tomato(e)

Potato, potatoe.

• @Janevski said:

@tarasis said:

@angstrom said:

hoarder --> collector

Tomato, Tomato(e)

Potato, potatoe.

Shitposto, Shitposte.

D610 won't boot today. 9 flashes. RAMs. Who knew that throwing a handful of SIMMS/DIMMs into a sammich baggy might not work out all that well, eh, @AuroraZ?

• @WSS said:

@Janevski said:

@tarasis said:

@angstrom said:

hoarder --> collector

Tomato, Tomato(e)

Potato, potatoe.

Shitposto, Shitposte.

D610 won't boot today. 9 flashes. RAMs. Who knew that throwing a handful of SIMMS/DIMMs into a sammich baggy might not work out all that well, eh, @AuroraZ?

Hey it's what I had to work with sorry. Try them in another one could be the finicky Dell as well.

• @AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

Hey it's what I had to work with sorry. Try them in another one could be the finicky Dell as well.

Actually, one of your 1G (the only DDR1) replaced the one that was malfunctioning. D610 is happy as it can be running an OS several years after it's inception. Only takes like 10 seconds to load, which isn't all that bad, considering it's a 1.3Ghz Celeron with i8(old) video and EIDE. It does have both a real parallel and a real serial port, so it'll be perfect for someone with visual issues.

Thanks again for the goodies!

• @WSS said:

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

Actually, one of your 1G (the only DDR1) replaced the one that was malfunctioning. D610 is happy as it can be running an OS several years after it's inception. Only takes like 10 seconds to load, which isn't all that bad, considering it's a 1.3Ghz Celeron with i8(old) video and EIDE. It does have both a real parallel and a real serial port, so it'll be perfect for someone with visual issues.

Thanks again for the goodies!

You are welcome bro and I'll be sending more this week!

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @WSS make sure the dimm contacts are clean, and shove them into the sockets with not too much gentleness. A lot of times memory flakiness is from the dimms not being seated firmly enough.

• @willie said:
    @WSS make sure the dimm contacts are clean, and shove them into the sockets with not too much gentleness. A lot of times memory flakiness is from the dimms not being seated firmly enough.

DIMM won't load in anything. I only have two machines capable of using it, and neither one likes it, even after alcohol-swab cleaning. At some point I need to just give up and work on repairing something else.

4 laptops done; 4 i3 desktops awaiting RAM and HD. 12/03/17 - still got 3 weeks, almost, to get those done!

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS

Where are you sourcing your used systems? Genuinely curious.

I used to have extra RAM lying around, but alas, the last few DDR sticks I had were turned into rulers (aka binned years ago as they broke).

You know, I think your project is wonderful. I hope you continue through next year, so I can then chuck some $ your way, as I'm spent for the next few months :(

Thanked by 1WSS
  • What ram you want for the i3s? I got bags left of desktop rams.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@FlamesRunner Primarily government auctions.

@AuroraZ said:
    What ram you want for the i3s? I got bags left of desktop rams.

They're DDR2/3. Lemme pop one open- I think they've only got 2 slots.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

Still nothing from @Virmach today. I bumped everything that's been sitting 4+ days..

• Well, it's still early in the day on Monday... I'd wait the rest of the day before worrying.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@WSS said: I bumped everything that's been sitting 4+ days..

I hear VirMach outsourced their support to DbD. Now we're all fucked.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@MasonR said:

@WSS said: I bumped everything that's been sitting 4+ days..

I hear VirMach outsourced their support to DbD. Now we're all fucked.

That would be the ultimate troll.

E: They were all bumped back with this:

Your ticket has been escalated to a higher level support agent, who will be able to assist you with your complex issue. Your ticket may take longer than usual to receive a response. We thank you for your continued patience.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Escalated above level 3? I didn't even know that numbers went higher than that.

• Pretty sure the reply was from a Level 2. Syed is Level 3, and I don't think anything exists beyond him in Virmochworld.

Thanked by 1willie
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@WSS said:
    Still nothing from @Virmach today. I bumped everything that's been sitting 4+ days..

Bumping tickets is not advised in any situation. Due to the way ticket sorting works in WHMCS, you go to the bottom of our list if there's a recent response.

WSS said: Pretty sure the reply was from a Level 2. Syed is Level 3, and I don't think anything exists beyond him in Virmochworld.

All transfers are being handled by Syed. I've spoken with him today and asked him to attempt to wrap these up with higher priority. You have to understand that there's still a lot of tickets and account transfers are unfortunately not high priority by default because they take some time to process properly, and it's mainly a task provided out of courtesy. Even though we charge $3 for a transfer, we do not in any way profit from them if you take into account the time required to complete one without issues.

MasonR said: I hear VirMach outsourced their support

A previous contract was terminated. We now have 24x7 outsourced L2 support with various companies, as well as in-house support which consists of management, billing, a developer, and an L3/Sys admin agent. We recently combined the role of management and billing and will be automating the billing process.

We are looking to add L3/Sys admin to cover the other half of the day, as we only have on-call Sys admin and L3 during normal operating hours, which is Syed.

We do appreciate everyone's patience while we transition into a new support structure, especially while we are still dealing with an extreme amount of tickets generated as a result of the BF/CM sales. We're almost done going through everything. We just got sidetracked by an issue with SolusVM so we would appreciate if @OnApp_Terry would help prioritize the resolution of the issue we've been facing for over a week. Right now we're stuck having to regenerate a lot of VMs that are not being created correctly and waiting multiple days for replies from SolusVM, while we also deal with tickets, which definitely has pushed back ticket resolution times.

• Thanks for taking the time to come and let us know.

• @VirMach said:
    Bumping tickets is not advised in any situation. Due to the way ticket sorting works in WHMCS, you go to the bottom of our list if there's a recent response.

I realize this, and did it just to further annoy the few "squeaky wheels" in my ear. It'l make them feel more important.

We are looking to add L3/Sys admin to cover the other half of the day, as we only have on-call Sys admin and L3 during normal operating hours, which is Syed.

Whats' it pay?

Right now we're stuck having to regenerate a lot of VMs that are not being created correctly and waiting multiple days for replies from SolusVM, while we also deal with tickets, which definitely has pushed back ticket resolution times.

Godspeed.

• @WSS said:

Whats' it pay?

All the NATed VPS you could want.

• @flatland_spider said:

@WSS said:

Whats' it pay?

All the NATed VPS you could want.

I can't even imagine a @Virmach priced NAT VPS. Would they pay you to take one?

Thanked by 1lion
  • mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

@VirMach said:

Ditto, I'd be interested.

• If you can send me a PayPal address, I would like to donate to the cause as well. I don’t need a VPS.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

I've been billed for the rest of the transfers. Hopefully they'll happen this evening.

Thanked by 2tarasis ehab
  • My transfer came through--thanks!

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

HOKAY... @VIRMACH TOOK A NAP THEN FIRED THE MISSLES!

We still have a handful of 1G/10G KVMs for $12.50 transferred; they rebill for $22/yr.
    Locations: Atlanta, Chicago, Las Vegas.

There's ONE 2G/5G KVM available in New York that costs $12/yr- yours for $15 transferred.

I have TWO 2G/10G OVZ specials that rebill for $9/yr- one in New York, one in Seattle; yours transferred for $8.

Anyone want a 1.5GB/20 SSD OVZ in Atlanta or New York? $14/yr, transferred for $15.

I have a couple 2G/10G SSD KVMs in LA left- $11/yr, yours for $15 (gotta make up PP fees somewhere).

• Can I have the 2G/5G KVM in NY?

• @saibal said:
    Can I have the 2G/5G KVM in NY?

As long as you're all setup with VirMach and remit payment- it's all yours.

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

Do you have any couches available?