Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 51
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@Nekki Just go to My invoices -> Align the expiration dates of your services:

There you can set a new date to expire, if you only had one server with them you coulve set a date 5 days in the future, so it is possible to renew servers for less than a month.

• @xset said:
    rivacom did you get the payment confirmation email?

Sure Did. And the money is out of my bank account.

• xsetxset Member

@rivacom thats the first that i hear them losing payment information
    They shouldnt lose payments like that

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited July 2013

@rm_ said:
    If you're sure you're getting the new one, why not drop in a random LEB (don't you have some idling) to act as a replacement for a couple of days. Or even without searching too hard, why not DigitalOcean, they hand out free money these days, even $5 would last you exactly for a month, and you can turn on/off the droplet and be billed with a down to minutes' precision.

I don't have any spare LEB's with the relevant storage space, plus I'm pretty sure there are no providers prepared to put up with the 24/7 CPU abuse I put my mKS through. Digital Ocean would cost too much to spin up an instance with the amount of HDD.

@tr1cky said:
    Nekki Just go to My invoices -> Align the expiration dates of your services:

There you can set a new date to expire, if you only had one server with them you coulve set a date 5 days in the future, so it is possible to renew servers for less than a month.

That's quite nifty, cheers. Too late for this month now, but useful to know for the future.

• smansman Member

There is a thread over on wht that OVH just cranked up their prices in their North America data center. That was the only one that interested me....but not anymore. Set up fees too. Also they charge extra for KVMIP at a time when most providers are including that in the price. So they are out for what I am doing.

• wychwych Member

@taronyu said:
    OVH is starting to irritate me, fine that you are taking longer to provide all the people a server but atleast give the people that ordered on thursday their server before people that ordered afterwards....

@blue said:
    There's a bunch of us that ordered on Thursday using ovh.co.uk, and still didn't get our server.

People ordered days later got theirs before us, which, tbh, pisses me off. It should be in order, not random.

This, orders from this week being processed and we are still waiting from Thurs/Friday last week.

Can you cancel your order once payment has been taken and get a full refund (paid direct not via PP)?

• xsetxset Member

@wych orders from this week are not processed yet, ive been following friends order since monday and tuesday they are still marked as "we will manually check your payment"

• xsetxset Member

@wych you should be able to cancel if you want but i suggest you call them

• @xset said:
    wych orders from this week are not processed yet, ive been following friends order since monday and tuesday they are still marked as "we will manually check your payment"

Might be me thats blind, but where on earth in the manager do you see the status of your order ?

• xsetxset Member

@ Olesovhcom # OVH We exceeded 10,000 physical servers ordered 7J. Thank you! The teams are working hard to reduce the delivery time.

• @xset said:
    @ Olesovhcom # OVH We exceeded 10,000 physical servers ordered 7J. Thank you! The teams are working hard to reduce the delivery time.

Seen anyone get a ks2g recently? I ordered at 1am on the 26th but have yet to see it ;(

• xsetxset Member

@ Olesovhcom # OVH We plan to manage the delivery of servers 30k / month. If the peak is removed we start in our estimates.

• xsetxset Member

So new orders should take around 15 days to get setup if Oles facts are right

• xsetxset Member

@mallet For orders whose payment is processed and order accepted it should be in the panel
    Management>Billing>Orders in progress

If you dont have anything there you need to follow thel Back to Order link after payment
    it will say We will manually check your payment or something like that

• I ordered a 2G on Monday and the order is still not showing in my manager, OVH UK told me via email yesterday that it is still 'in check status and should be processed shortly' and then on twitter they told me the 10 day delivery time stated on the web site doesn't start until the payment has been verified.

• xsetxset Member

@villageidiot call them and ask them when the payment will be verified?

• Just made another call to OVH:
    `Me: Hello, could you please check the order status of my KS2G please? I ordered in the evening of 25th.
    Operator: Sorry, sir, you know, eh... there's eh... a problem... yeah... with that model, there's a large... backlog, yes, that's what happened. #that's exactly what he said

after two seconds of silence

Operator: we are going to deliver some today, if you ordered on 25th, you will be on priority to deliver one.
    Me: do you have any eta?
    Operator: No.`

• @xset said:
    villageidiot call them and ask them when the payment will be verified?

I am busy with life this morning but if it hasn't appeared by this afternoon then I will call them.

• @sundaymouse said:
    Just made another call to OVH:
    `Me: Hello, could you please check the order status of my KS2G please? I ordered in the evening of 25th.
    Operator: Sorry, sir, you know, eh... there's eh... a problem... yeah... with that model, there's a large... backlog, yes, that's what happened. #that's exactly what he said

after two seconds of silence

Operator: we are going to deliver some today, if you ordered on 25th, you will be on priority to deliver one.
    Me: do you have any eta?
    Operator: No.`

I also ordered early on, but they never seem to give an eta. I find this confusing since they know how many staff they have, how much time it takes to build one and what parts they have. It should be easy to provide an eta assuming they are doing them in order of when they were bought :S

• @villageidiot said:
    the 10 day delivery time stated on the web site doesn't start until the payment has been verified.

So it's 1-10 days delivery time + indefinite time to verify the payment? Spiffing

• Since I ordered a kimsufi server, they have up to 10 days to deliver it, and i'm optimistic that they will :)

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2013

@xset said:
    wych orders from this week are not processed yet, ive been following friends order since monday and tuesday they are still marked as "we will manually check your payment"

Mine processed on Friday I believe.

@xset said:
    wych you should be able to cancel if you want but i suggest you call them

Will give them a ring later, cheers!

@vedran said:
    So it's 1-10 days delivery time + indefinite time to verify the payment? Spiffing

Sounds about right... 24hour setup sounds familiar from when I ordered, its now 6 days on with no ETA.

@sc754 said:
    I also ordered early on, but they never seem to give an eta. I find this confusing since they know how many staff they have, how much time it takes to build one and what parts they have. It should be easy to provide an eta assuming they are doing them in order of when they were bought :S

This, it doesnt matter if they sold out or have to order more. The DC's will know what stock is en-route and average build/comission time. They just don't want to tell us.

• I just use the refund to purchase a dedicated server from online.net. They deliver the server less than 5 minutes after payment :)

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    I just use the refund to purchase a dedicated server from online.net. They deliver the server less than 5 minutes after payment :)

If your not in France, they have some new ssd cached servers that will be available to customers outside of France soon xD

• Yeah, I aleady ask them about it :D

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    I just use the refund to purchase a dedicated server from online.net. They deliver the server less than 5 minutes after payment :)

Which one did you get? Would love to see how well the VIA nano benchmarks compared to an atom.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

Yeah, I aleady ask them about it :D

What did they say about the new models' availability? And did you get an old one or new?

• @lycide said:

I can only get the Dedibox SC, since the SC2 is only availble for French :D

@rm_ said:
    What did they say about the new models' availability? And did you get an old one or new?

No information about that, but just soon :D

This discussion has been closed.