Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 48
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• xsetxset Member

@pechspilz What I noticed with these new ks2gs is that they are already in mitigation... if you get filtered the traceroute shows the vacuums. what happens to the ip if you move it under mitigation? do you see vacuum in all traceroutes to your server? arent they already under automatic vacuum, why would you have to move them?

• JamesJames Member

I cant wait, i ordered mine but they are all sold out :(
    Just a word of warning, You are looking at 10 days or so, they where very honest on the phone though (Two of my dedis one not a kimsurfi is also "Out of stock" ) but as long as you don't need it now its fine

• pechspilzpechspilz Member
    edited July 2013

I don't know the difference between just being on the VAC and being on mitigation. None of this stuff is documented. What I know is that you can add an IP to the VAC and after that, additionally put it on mitigation. So it's not the same. Maybe some sort of PPS filter?

• JamesJames Member

I don't know the difference between just being on the VAC and being on mitigation. None of this stuff is documented. What I know is that you can add an IP to the VAC and after that, additionally put it on mitigation. So it's not the same. Maybe some sort of PPS filter?

I think mitigation is on the professional plan, VAC is for all servers by the looks of it

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@Maller said:
    Did you also get the E3-1225 as some others did ?

No, I got this:

model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz

• xsetxset Member

@oliver when did you order? when was it setup? guess they run out of core i5 cpus too! could you run serverbear.com benchmark?

• Is the 16G open to people outside of EU or all the Kimsufi lines are for EU only?

• @zhuanyi said:
    Is the 16G open to people outside of EU or all the Kimsufi lines are for EU only?

rightnow all kimsufi is reserved for EU

• xsetxset Member

not a huge difference between the cpus expect that e3-1225v2 is newer and has higher cpu frequency

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Xeon-E3-1225V2-vs-Intel-Core-i5-2400

• Got my "credit note" as well.

• @peppr said:
    rightnow all kimsufi is reserved for EU

They pay VATs...that;s what I told myself to make me feel better :)

@xset said:
    oliver when did you order? when was it setup? guess they run out of core i5 cpus too! could you run serverbear.com benchmark?

I ordered on the 25th.

It was setup on the 30th.

Will update with benchmark soon...

• xsetxset Member

@zhuanyi want an account on my box to feel better?;)

• xsetxset Member

So they probably installed ks16gs from 25th now.

• wroxwrox Member

@xset "26 Juillet 2013 20:53:02" Friday, July 26th.

• XakiXaki Member

The DDoS system will increase the pings/latencys?

• xsetxset Member

@wrox so they cant process 16gs each day then, they must be out of parts as well

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@Xaki said:
    The DDoS system will increase the pings/latencys?

No, it doesn't, had a flood on one server yesterday and vac is still activated, same latency.

• xsetxset Member

@tr1cky so it protected the server well?

• xsetxset Member

clarifications to kimsufi agreement
    http://forum.ovh.com/showpost.php?p=556813&postcount=33

• @xset said:
    zhuanyi want an account on my box to feel better?;)

Nah, that;s OK, I doubt they will keep Kimsufi out of non-EU customers forever, so I'll just wait till I can get my own :) Thanks a lot for the offer though!

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@xset said:
    tr1cky so it protected the server well?

It protects against UDP and TCP attacks, but there's no HTTP flood prevention.

• xsetxset Member

@oliver benchmark running?

• XakiXaki Member

@tr1cky said:

And SYN ?

• sc754sc754 Member

@tr1cky said:

How about protection against Government spying?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2013

I guess that is included in TCP.

HTTP floods are usually a dfferent problem, they do not affect their network and the customer can generally mitigate them locally. Therefore there is no reason to add more latency and do DPI to protect against those, adding HTTP flood protection will mean a huge increase in cpu power and also a lot of latency for almost no difference.

• @xset said:
    clarifications to kimsufi agreement
    http://forum.ovh.com/showpost.php?p=556813&postcount=33

I especially liked his metaphor "atmosphere of paranoia".
    Looks like Oles doesn't know the exact meaning of "paranoia":

1. A psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution.
    2. Extreme, irrational distrust of others.

I don't know about 1 (are there many non-EU people hit by delusions of persecution). But talking of 2), there are quite rational reasons for distrust of one company. Pity if OVH management doesn't see that.

Hmmm, looks like the drama started to calm down.

• iSkyiSky Member

mine was confirmed by CANCELED :(
    bad services
    put the statement about EU Resident only after the order and payment

• xsetxset Member

@isky Join the unhappy club of non-Eu people...Now you have to wait 30 days for refund

This discussion has been closed.