Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 46
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• xsetxset Member

@revnja look at backupsy

• xsetxset Member

@trav not yet, none of the new kimsufis are available to outside eu

• xsetxset Member
    edited July 2013

@infinity580 but would you pay 99 eur setup fee?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@xset I payd 50Euro setup fee at hetzner

• @rds100 said:
    xset wtf, this motherboard isn't supposed to be able to run a Xeon processor/

The mobo doesn't matter. Just the LGA 1155. Yes the mobo will support a Xeon proc.

Rule of thumb. If it fits it shits.

• xsetxset Member
    edited July 2013

@infinity580 how did you get a discount? how many servers did you get? with ssd?

it was EX4, so i paid only 50Euros

• xsetxset Member
    edited July 2013

@infinity580 is the nic 1 Gigabit? can you test the network speed for me?

Allllreaddy cancled sorry :D but i had 1Gbit

• xsetxset Member

@infinity580 does hetzner have a rescue system like ovh? can you reinstall os for free?

• xsetxset Member

@infinity580 why did you cancel it? if hetzner > ovh

Yeah its free and yeah. I dont need it anymore.

• awsonawson Member

I thought this was an OVH thread

• LeeLee Veteran

@awson said:
    I thought this was an OVH thread

It's getting boring as OVH though.

• @xset said:
    infinity580 does hetzner have a rescue system like ovh? can you reinstall os for free?

Yes, imo better than OVH. You can install your dedi as you want it from the terminal. Also Hetzner got LARA, I'm not sure if OVH got something like that.

• sc754sc754 Member

It would be more interesting if they'd start delivering some ks2g's!

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • LeeLee Veteran

Hetzner has a cool panel and automated system, much less fussy than OVH and does the job well. Reboot into rescue mode, type installimage, select os then select raid settings, partitions, hostname and so on, tada! 10 minutes and you are done.

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited July 2013

@W1V_Lee said:
    Hetzner has a cool panel and automated system, much less fussy than OVH and does the job well. Reboot into rescue mode, type installimage, select os then select raid settings, partitions, hostname and so on, tada! 10 minutes and you are done.

Jups! If Hetzner decided to beat the 2G I will go and stay with Hetzner.

Too bad their servers don't get any lower than 23eu.

• LeeLee Veteran

True but then if you watch the serverbidding you can grab some really nice boxes for the money.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2013

@W1V_Lee said:
    True but then if you watch the serverbidding you can grab some really nice boxes for the money.

Yes, I was looking once for a backup box and saw one with 3x750 GB disks (some curious setup, though) and it was about 35 or so Eur. Dont remember CPU, though, could have been one of the quad cores phenom.

Besides the atoms, prices at OVH are in line with other providers. Some will like the traffic/network at OVH, others will like the larger choice at hetzner, but for atoms OVH is much cheaper, at least for the EU ppl.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Please forgive me if I'm lazy to follow the thread. But what's best move to get refund? Should I just wait for maybe a week before doing anything? Then paypal dispute? or just ticket and wait.

• I just opened a Paypal dispute yesterday, but no response.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • i offered them to add my current ks2g's due 3 month and change my invoice 8.87 for 3 months for future :)

no response yet :) no hope too :)

• jcalebjcaleb Member

I opened again

• XakiXaki Member

This plans have any DDoS protection? I have found other topic here on LEB about a guy with DDoS protection on this plans o.O

• jcalebjcaleb Member

They have

@Xaki said:
    This plans have any DDoS protection? I have found other topic here on LEB about a guy with DDoS protection on this plans o.O

Yes, they currently test it, later will add some fee for it, I think one Eur for KS.

• XakiXaki Member

@Maounique said:

And do you know if is effective? How much Gbit/s?

No, they are only testing it now, however, they claim to have 500 gbps capacity, we will see, but, personally, I dont see any reason why it will not work. Their setup is similar to what i was thinking of, but they have the size needed for a very effective scale.

• XakiXaki Member
    edited July 2013

@Maounique said:
    No, they are only testing it now, however, they claim to have 500 gbps capacity, we will see, but, personally, I dont see any reason why it will not work. Their setup is similar to what i was thinking of, but they have the size needed for a very effective scale.

But it's only effective against UDP or SYN/UDP/etc...?

This discussion has been closed.