Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 44
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• xsetxset Member
    edited July 2013

@wych I dont mind, I just placed my 3rd mini-sp order with them as Im only going to get 2 x ks2gs and 1 x ks16g, I needed two ks16gs but it wasnt possible to rearrange orders until they process the orders

• RivaComRivaCom Member
    edited July 2013

@ska said: There's digicube and online.net

Not awful but not really that great either. Oh well. Back to the VPS bids I guess.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@rm_ said:
    jarland

Did you actually get the refund? Also how did you manage to get such a detailed answer, and what's up with the Paypal dispute?

I opened a ticket for a "commercial advisor" and then clicked the button to escalate to a manager. PayPal dispute is still open with no response, no action toward a refund whatsoever, so quite strange that he said that when PayPal would reflect such an action immediately.

• skaska Member
    edited July 2013

But that's not only with OVH. Most of the bigger companies don't react to Paypal conflict counselation. They simply refund you using their system that is in line with bookkeeping law. What Paypal then does is not of real interest it seems to me.

• Did the online.net provisioning immediately or we have to wait like 1-3 days?

• xsetxset Member

@jarland the refund still needs to be verified by their refunding process, its not immediate.

• RamiRami Member
    edited July 2013

@jarland said:
    In other news, copying my backups back to online.net. He didn't say new orders, he said Kimsufi. I don't know whether to trust if my current server will be online tomorrow, tired of worrying about it already.

How long did you have to wait and then contact them

I ordered one 2G and I'm from Egypt

• xsetxset Member

@rami they are going to process the orders by this/next week, give them time, they will issue automatic refund.

• @talsit said:
    Yes, non-EU, had one for six months, ordered a replacement KS2G and a KS16

Edit: Forgot about the KS4G I had for awhile. D525 and D410's.

Did you use them prior to this promotion? I.e., when KImsufi was still open to all the world?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Hey guys, good news, they deploy the 16G servers. I got one, but I didn't get an i5, I actually got a E3-1225 V2, can't be unhappy with that :)

• awsonawson Member

@tr1cky said:
    Hey guys, good news, they deploy the 16G servers. I got one, but I didn't get an i5, I actually got a E3-1225 V2, can't be unhappy with that :)

Lucky.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

E3 wtf....

• My KS 16G just arrived. Looks like this is a keeper:
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1225 V2 @ 3.20GHz

• xsetxset Member

@tr1cky weird, did you just order 3 kimsufis? I ordered KS16G on 25th 21:37 cet and still havent gotten one. Maybe they dont deliver if you have more than 3 orders. They're gonna automatically cancel last orders over 3 first. At least according to the support today..., When did you order you ks16g?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited July 2013

Yeah, drives in the server are 2x TOSHIBA DT01ACA100, disk io is not that great:

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=1M count=1k conv=fdatasync
    1024+0 Datensätze ein
    1024+0 Datensätze aus
    1073741824 Bytes (1,1 GB) kopiert, 15,305 s, 70,2 MB/s

E: I ordered 25th July 20:05 GMT+2

• @tr1cky which OS are you using?

1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.81255 s, 158 MB/s

(Raid 1 configuration)

• xsetxset Member
    edited July 2013

I got mine now too!!! e3-1225v2 here too! 151 MB/s with dd raid1

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@pechspilz said:
    tr1cky which OS are you using?

1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.81255 s, 158 MB/s

(Raid 1 configuration)

Also have raid1 here with Debian 6 x64.

• xsetxset Member

Stupid me, didnt order two ks16gs at the same time;(

Guess Ill live with it!

• xsetxset Member

@tr1cky is your raidset still rebuilding? also check smartctl for any issues why u dont get 150 MB/s... what kernel are you using?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@xset said:
    tr1cky is your raidset still rebuilding? also check smartctl for any issues why u dont get 150 MB/s... what kernel are you using?

3.8.13-xxxx-grs-ipv6-64

Don't really know how to check with smartctl as it tells me "Unable to detect device type".

• earlearl Member

@tr1cky

can you order more failover IP, or do you get just the 1 ipv4?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@earl said:
    tr1cky

can you order more failover IP, or do you get just the 1 ipv4?

No, I can't order any failover IPs

Thanked by 1earl
  • No FO IPv4 but 18 quintillion IPv6 addresses. I decided now it's time for my personal adoption of IPv6.

Thanked by 2earl Maounique
  • @LES

Keep waiting mate. Ordered 25th and still nothing.

• RelipRelip Member
    edited July 2013

I ordered KS2G on thursday, no mail from OVH until now... Maybe I should open a ticket?

And I'm a Korean, will they refuse to rent?

• xsetxset Member

@bennd from eu? did you order ks16g?

• xsetxset Member

@tr1cky smartctl -a /dev/sda mine had 5-6 power on hours... check for errors also cat /proc/mdstat.. I have same kernel version using ubuntu 13.04 though

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited July 2013

@xset said:

tr1cky smartctl -a /dev/sda mine had 5-6 power on hours... check for errors also cat /proc/mdstat.. I have same kernel version using ubuntu 13.04 though

Ok, most of the stats show old_age or pre-fail, seems to be not so good, right?

E: /proc/mdstat shows everything is alright.

• sc754sc754 Member

So has anyone got a ks2g setup today?

This discussion has been closed.