Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 41
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• xsetxset Member
    edited July 2013

@soda Maybe in the future, there's some hope according to tweet from ovh_support_en Jenny :)

Thanked by 1soda
  • xsetxset Member

get your friends to signup too :) Now it's manual processing only, and can take days to get just the verification of order.

Thanked by 1soda
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@soda said:
    OMG! this offer is damn cheap ,i cant believe it , i'd love order one 2gig plan ,

Do they accept order from malaysia ? if i place order from ovh.ie ?
    and how long does it take for server setup ?
    Can we send only photo id ? or shall we need send utility bill too ?
    im not greedy , i wish i could order one plan :P

Here's lady and gentlemen the IRL manifestation of "I am 12 and what is this"

Thanked by 1ska
  • RalliasRallias Member
    edited July 2013

Seller changed terms of service on part of my order after payment to exclude my eligibility from offer. I requested refund thru support ticket for full order (two parts) along with partial on the service I used part of the term for, no response.

The item that is this part of the transaction is a unit I had assumed was able to be used with the part changed to ineligibility. I would not have purchased this item had I known I could not have used it with the other product. Since I cannot use it in conjunction with it, I do not want it.

I did say they could use Paypal's interface for support unless they gave me some indication that they read the ticket.

• would be good if they allow 2 IP's 1 for vps 1 for ssl
    what i mean is if you buy that server and want install cPanel will cost you $32 if you use VPS license only $15

• @setupvps said:
    would be good if they allow 2 IP's 1 for vps 1 for ssl
    what i mean is if you buy that server and want install cPanel will cost you $32 if you use VPS license only $15

http://linux.die.net/man/8/ip

• Mine got cancelled. Oh well.

• @sc754 said:
    They probably will eventually, I think they are just too overwhelmed by the demand so far and so have limited it to EU only. Once things calm down I'll bet they will offer it to customers elsewhere again.

O'RLY?
    Personally, I wouldn't trust provider that cancels already accepted orders since they decided to limit customer's region.

• What d fukc OVH!. they charged my card, even if they canceled my order!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@ravenchad said:
    What d fukc OVH!. they charged my card, even if they canceled my order!

Relax, you are not the only one ;)

• @Maounique, I'm relax, just frustrated by the way OVH handles orders. cancelling and charging.

• iSkyiSky Member

if it already restricted to EU residents only, what about us that have make payment before they put the info about it ? refund ? or still got the services ?

• @iSky said:
    if it already restricted to EU residents only, what about us that have make payment before they put the info about it ? refund ? or still got the services ?

cancel, refund, bubye

• smansman Member

Will be interesting to revisit this thread in about...oh I give it 3months. Wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more.

• iSkyiSky Member

@peppr said:

ROFL, that was really something make the services going badly....
    do u got cancelled and refund too ? not yet ?

• smansman Member
    edited July 2013

lol...ok make that 3 weeksdays instead of 3 months. How long before they limit it to within 100 km. Or maybe only if your street address is named after a french politician.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

At these prices they wil probably find enough customers in paris alone.

• daviddavid Member

I put in a ticket to request a refund 3 days ago, since they cancelled my order. No reply to the ticket, yet.

Quick to take my money and cancel the order and slow to refund my money.

I'm glad the order is cancelled now, seeing first hand how they operate I have no desire anymore to have service with OVH.

• tommytommy Member

wew, just got email a minute ago :

Dear Customer,
        We confirm the payment of your order. 
  • xsetxset Member
    edited July 2013

@david you rarely get responses to tickets from them, its always best to call them. Luckily you rarely need their support until you actually have a critical issue like Ddos and if they have put the server to rescue mode, it can be there for days.. During times like this service delivery times are even longer as expected. I also think they are misinformed about some of their policies. They most likely handle other issues as priority one until they have clear guidance regarding cancellations and refunds. Kimsufi has basically no support. If you look past cases with KS customers its perfectly OK according to them to have response times in 2-3 days for each message as the service has no SLA (lowest of all services). I think people are used to get better support from providers who care more for their businesses, even the lowend offers have better support than Ovh Kimsufi. Just face the facts, what did you expect from a faceless big company like OVH for 3 eur product? They're simply fishing for more customers/pr, but not offering any kind of clarifications to questions, even important questions by their CxO get ignored. You'd think someone actually cared more for their business during times when they are in the spotlight, but no!

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

I saw the one provider offer as well. 2 euro more, but purchasable... Pretty tempting.

Are you sure they are just reselling ovh services? Could they be trying to complete with them?

• daviddavid Member

I'd expect if they're going to cancel the order that they would provide a prompt refund, automatically. I shouldn't even need to put in a ticket for something that basic.

I'll probably give them about a week to provide a refund before disputing the charge through paypal.

• lets buy from oneprovider. i'm planning to buy one today

• awsonawson Member

@BluBoy said:
    I saw the one provider offer as well. 2 euro more, but purchasable... Pretty tempting.

Are you sure they are just reselling ovh services? Could they be trying to complete with them?

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    lets buy from oneprovider. i'm planning to buy one today

Pretty sure they're reselling, look for yourself:

• seikanseikan Member

There is a 10 euro setup fee for OneProvider.

• atleast oneprovider will try to provide the service rater than cancelling the order

• rds100rds100 Member

Nah, it's probably not resold from OVH.

• rds100rds100 Member

@Jack well, i can offer the same CPUs and am not reselling anything. I don't know where the OneProvider servers are, but you can just order the cheapest one and then traceroute/whois the IP.

• rds100rds100 Member

Besids N2600 is not the same as N2800

This discussion has been closed.