Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 40
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

That's pretty retarded by the way, to cancel your order, and after that take your money. I am pretty sure this is also against VISA / MasterCard policies. A merchant shouldn't capture a transaction if he doesn't intend to deliver the goods/services.

• xsetxset Member

@rds100 Up for a blog post and emailing to VISA/MasterCard ?

• @Jack said:
    Thinking of running VMs on my KS but it only comes with 1 IPv4, so was going to run web servers on v6 and put cloudflare in front of it...

You can just use HAProxy to NAT your ipv4. Cloudflare does not provide fixed ipv6 to your server, it will change according to visitor's region, and it is only a reverse proxy in front of your server, so cloudflare won't work.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited July 2013

@xset nah, first i am not a native English speaker, second they haven't even bothered to take my money yet.

• skaska Member

@rds100 said:
    That's pretty retarded by the way, to cancel your order, and after that take your money. I am pretty sure this is also against VISA / MasterCard policies. A merchant shouldn't capture a transaction if he doesn't intend to deliver the goods/services.

Couldn't agree more. But since they took the money via Paypal, they have to confirm the payment in order to be able to refund it.

• @Jack said:
    Thinking of running VMs on my KS but it only comes with 1 IPv4, so was going to run web servers on v6 and put cloudflare in front of it...

http://samsclass.info/ipv6/proj/cf6to4.htm

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

The 1 EUR price increase on "the 2.99 EUR server" has been confirmed:

• xsetxset Member

@sundaymouse haproxy or varnish;)

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited July 2013

@ska no, they can deny (Void) the payment (Authorization) instead of confirm (Capture) it.

Here is explantion from PayPal how this works - http://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/ebook/PP_ExpressCheckout_IntegrationGuide/HowAuthCaptureWorks.html

• rds100rds100 Member

@rm_ this increase is for the filtering, or unrelated?

• skaska Member
    edited July 2013

@rds100 said:
    ska no, they can deny the payment (Authorization) instead of confirm (Capture) it.

Are we talking about different states here? As I understood the case, they already accepted the payment via Paypal before they cancelled the order within their ordering-system. Then, in their own payment-system, they confirmed the paymant in order to be able to refund it so that is in line with bookkeeping law.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

this increase is for the filtering, or unrelated?

Officially it's for the DDoS filtering, but seeing how you can not opt-out from it, and how the benefits are theoretical at best, might as well say "unrelated" :)

Thanked by 1rds100
  • rds100rds100 Member

@rm_ but shouldn't it be +1.5 EUR if it's for the filtering?

• skaska Member
    edited July 2013

@rds100 said:
    rm_ but shouldn't it be +1.5 EUR if it's for the filtering?

No, Kimsufi was announced at +1€.

Thanked by 2rds100 rm_
  • rds100rds100 Member

@ska thanks. For some reason i thought it would be +1.5EUR for the KS line. It seems i was wrong, the forum post says it will be +1EUR.

• trexostrexos Member

I hope they won't add 1€ to OVH.de too, we already have to pay 3,99€ there ...

• @texteditor said:
    vKVM was removed months ago because it was unmaintained

Can anyone confirm this? Is there any way at the moment to get a console into the system if say, the OS is not booting. (Not rescue mode.)

@DomainBop said:
    not on any of the Kimsufis :) You need to get an SP series or above and get a professional use subscription for €15.00 /month. KVM, IPMI, and Serial over Lan are all included in the subscription.

Where can you find those plans? On OVH?

• @trexos said:
    I hope they won't add 1€ to OVH.de too, we already have to pay 3,99€ there ...

That is including VAT?

• trexostrexos Member

@taronyu said:
    That is including VAT?

Nah, excluding :( I had to pay 11,96 for 3 months.

• skaska Member
    edited July 2013

@littleguy said:
    Can anyone confirm this? Is there any way at the moment to get a console into the system if say, the OS is not booting. (Not rescue mode.)

Rescue mode is only available from mSP and up. KS does not have a rescue mode.

@taronyu said:
    That is including VAT?

Yes, the German 3,99€ include 19% VAT.

• @trexos said:
    Nah, excluding :( I had to pay 11,96 for 3 months.

11,96/3 ~ 3,99. So VAT is already included there.

• trexostrexos Member

Embarrassing. Sorry, yeah it's included. But we have to pay a bit more anyway : 3,35€/month but tha'ts not that much :D

• itgodsitgods Member

@trexos said:
    Embarrassing. Sorry, yeah it's included. But we have to pay a bit more anyway : 3,35€/month but tha'ts not that much :D

Willkommen in Deutschland. ;)

• that is only 30 cents more a month than I do so it isnt tuat bad. ;)

• sodasoda Member

OMG! this offer is damn cheap ,i cant believe it , i'd love order one 2gig plan ,

Do they accept order from malaysia ? if i place order from ovh.ie ?
    and how long does it take for server setup ?
    Can we send only photo id ? or shall we need send utility bill too ?
    im not greedy , i wish i could order one plan :P

• @soda said:
    OMG! this offer is damn cheap ,i cant believe it , i'd love order one 2gig plan ,

Do they accept order from malaysia ? if i place order from ovh.ie ?
    and how long does it take for server setup ?
    Can we send only photo id ? or shall we need send utility bill too ?
    im not greedy , i wish i could order one plan :P

Did you miss the part where they said "this offer is for EU only"

Thanked by 1soda
  • itgodsitgods Member

@MrObvious said:
    Did you miss the part where they said "this offer is for EU only"

Seems so. :D

• @soda said:
    Do they accept order from malaysia ?

For Kimsufis, no.

Thanked by 1soda
  • sodasoda Member

i already saw that statement in bottom of this page:

hxxp://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/kimsufi.xml

"Exclusively available for residents of the European Union only. "

i wish they could offer for non-Eu customer too .

• sc754sc754 Member

@soda said:
    i already saw that statement in bottom of this page:

hxxp://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/kimsufi.xml

"Exclusively available for residents of the European Union only. "

i wish they could offer for non-Eu customer too .

They probably will eventually, I think they are just too overwhelmed by the demand so far and so have limited it to EU only. Once things calm down I'll bet they will offer it to customers elsewhere again.

Thanked by 1soda
This discussion has been closed.