Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 49
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• emuemu Member

I'm now in the unhappy US club after waiting a week to see that my order has been canceled and a refund will be given :( oh well.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2013

@emu said:
    I'm now in the unhappy US club

• @xset said:
    isky Join the unhappy club of non-Eu people...Now you have to wait 30 days for refund

Nice spread of temporary capital.

3 months of Kimsufi per person x 3 (avg orders) x 1000 (people) = 27,000 Euros?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2013

@joelgm said:
    3 months of Kimsufi per person x 3 (avg orders) x 1000 (people) = 27,000 Euros?

That is probably the wage of some small manager and taxes.

No, OVH operates at a completely different scale. They will lose a lot of focus and good press with this thing. For 270 k (10k not 1k orders) no sane person would do that when they spent hundreds of millions from bank money.

• OVH just sent you a refund from Paypal.

• iSkyiSky Member

@xset said:
    isky Join the unhappy club of non-Eu people...Now you have to wait 30 days for refund

yeah, what can i said again ?
    it already being canceled by one sided
    i have read it clearly before make the order and payment, the statement about restrict to EU Resident only is no there, and one week before of it, i was still asking the CS about mine was out of europe and being at asia, they said it was no problem to order the kimsufi but i must do it from .com and cannot from .co.uk

now, seek for new provider that keep their promise

• @xset said:

"And the prophet hath told: Thou shalt not know the bliss of Kimsufi Magnificent, for thou dost not belong to blessed people of EU..."

So much real grief over so insignificant reason?

• @xset said:
    Now you have to wait 30 days for refund

Just received my refund.

• xsetxset Member

@dalcomp nice! They said it can be quick or 30 days.

• xsetxset Member
    E3-1225v2 3.2 ghz

UnixBench
    UnixBench (w/ all processors)   5992.2
    UnixBench (w/ one processor)    2253.3
    Raw UnixBench Output

core i5-2400 3.1 ghz

UnixBench (w/ all processors)   5305.2
    UnixBench (w/ one processor)    1947.4

12.92 % difference between CPUs

So OVH is not equally fair to even those who thought all would get Core i5

• Thei support are really SUCK!!

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited July 2013

Received my refund as well. Any LEB provider wants my money?? :D

• nvllnvll Member
    edited July 2013

I have called to ovh and they said me that they're waiting for delivery servers.

• xsetxset Member

@isy44h112 they answer if you call them, if you make a ticket wait a few says
    They were really sorry for giving misinformation in my regional office

• sc754sc754 Member

@nvll said:
    I have called to ovh and they said me that they're waiting for delivery servers.

Seems like they could have done this before posting the offer..

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

So OVH is not equally fair to even those who thought all would get Core i5

That's a smaller difference than between e.g. Atom 230 and Atom N2800 :)

Thanked by 1tux
  • xsetxset Member

@nvll you mean delivery of server parts or setup of servers or actually both?

• nvllnvll Member
    edited July 2013

@xset said:
    nvll you mean delivery of server parts or setup of servers or actually both?

I mean delivery of server parts. I called to polish regionial ovh office. Sorry for my bad english. English is not my native language.

• xsetxset Member

In the mean time, does anyone have experience of clustering filesystems to a single mounted share? So If I get 2 or more ks2gs is there a cluster filesystem for mapping all drives to a single volume? Is gfs2 useful here?

• @xset I called them to verify my payment, they said "please be patient". I tweeted them, I got a same answer. I made a ticket, they replied "your payment is valid, you will receive a confirmation email shortly" but I didnt receive any email from them.

• daviddavid Member

I also just received my refund via paypal.

• skaska Member

@Maounique said:
    They will lose a lot of focus and good press with this thing.

I doubt that. Not that I like OVH or whatever. But when reading their Twitter and other forums it seems like most people are quite happy.

• I have received my refund as well. I will know if i earned / lost in forex when i see my CC statement in few days ;)

• xsetxset Member
    edited July 2013

@isy44h112 does your order show up in pending orders or is it still saying waiting for manual processing or something like that? I got the payment confirmation email too but it doesnt help as new orders arent shown in the order page they're just marked as pending manual processing if you have the order link/page still open , the one with password in the URL after payment if you clicked back to order link

• @xset "we manually verify your payment" in french.

• xsetxset Member

@isy44h112 when did you order? are you from eu? they dont process the orders until they have stock

• LeeLee Veteran

@zhuanyi said:
    They pay VATs...that;s what I told myself to make me feel better :)

Still a looooooot cheaper than you will find somewhere else without the VAT, that's what I tell myself :)

• @xset I'm from EU. Ordered July 25 23:53 CEST paid 00:08

• nvllnvll Member
    edited July 2013

Are OVH verify payments manually? I bought server on 25 July 9:50 p. m. and I get email that they accepted my payment at 9:53 p. m. I paid via payu(polish fast payments).

• @nvll said:
    Are OVH verify payments manually? I bought server on 25 July 9:50 p. m. and I get email that they accepted my payment at 9:53 p. m. I payed via payu(polish fast payments).

Yes.

They email you asking for ID/Doc if required

This discussion has been closed.