Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 53
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• xsetxset Member
    edited August 2013

KS4G

9 Power_On_Hours 0x0012 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 10

uptime
    2:16PM up 2:14, 1 user, load averages: 0.02, 0.16, 0.13

So they have run this server 8 hours before giving to me.

SMART Self-test log structure revision number 1
    Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error
    # 1  Short offline       Completed without error       00%         8         -

I also got a nice report of system tests run for this server.

They check for CPU, frequence, load test, temperature, memory size, memtest, bios version, disk read speed, disk size, smart tests, sector status, firmware version

• blueblue Member

@xset said:
    wych you should be able to cancel if you want but i suggest you call them

Pointless. They'll just tell you to wait.

• any idea, how about cancelled order was paid via credit card, when will it be refunded? anyone got their refund already using card?

• xsetxset Member

@blue If its been over 7 days, you can call and cancel, if you want. Cancelling something is not pointless, if you cant wait.

• c0yc0y Member

@rds100 said:
    xset wtf, this motherboard isn't supposed to be able to run a Xeon processor/

Intel iCore processors and E3s are compatible just fine. I run an E3-1230v2 in my desktop instead of an expensive 3rd generation i7. It doesn't support registered ECC though, but OVH doesn't use them because of their power usage.

• @Frost yeah, i thought the E3 needs a Cxxx chipsets, but it seems i was wrong.

• @rds100 said:
    Frost yeah, i thought the E3 needs a Cxxx chipsets, but it seems i was wrong.

Using an E3 is a cheap way to get something equivalent to an i7

• @ravenchad said:
    any idea, how about cancelled order was paid via credit card, when will it be refunded? anyone got their refund already using card?

Not yet. But then, my credit card payments usually take around 3-6 days to get refunded.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    I just use the refund to purchase a dedicated server from online.net. They deliver the server less than 5 minutes after payment :)

How is the performance of the so-called Nano CPUs (are they the same as atom?)

• @zhuanyi said:
    How is the performance of the so-called Nano CPUs (are they the same as atom?)

From the feeling of using, it's almost the same, no difference. I just use it for webserver :)

I will post some review/benchmark for the dedicated server from online.net tonight. It's 21:32 PM in Indonesia, so maybe some hours later.

I have something to do now, maybe after dinner :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@xset why do you want to cancel?! Pass the server to one of us who wants it :)

I just use the refund to purchase a dedicated server from online.net. They deliver the server less than 5 minutes after payment :)

How can you know which servers are available for only the French? Are there country restrictions? I'm from Asia.

I have something to do now, maybe after dinner :)

Thanks, I guess you chose the 9Euro per month server?

• @joelgm said:
    How can you know which servers are available for only the French? Are there country restrictions? I'm from Asia.

First, I saw several option for the servers, on this page :

And then, when you try to purchase, there would be some of them not available anymore. I've asked via Ticket, why I can't see the offer, and they said that it's only available for French only :)

• xsetxset Member

@netomx They allow only 3 KS servers when renewing, I think. So I need to cancel those that I dont want to keep.

And then, when you try to purchase, there would be some of them not available anymore. I've asked via Ticket, why I can't see the offer, and they said that it's only available for French only :)

Hmm.. And how do you install an OS on these servers? Do they have some kind of initial panel? Or is installation manual by ticket?

• edited August 2013

@zhuanyi said:

Hehe.. Yes, because I only use the refund from the OVH :)

I don't have an urgent use of dedicated server atm, just for learning and testing/configuring. As you know, I'm only a vps user. A user, not an admin :)

The first thanks goes to @rds100 for giving me my first dedicated server to learn, it's an Atom N2800, and works great. I installed a SolusVM Slave on the Atom, and SolusVM Master on Digital ocean, so I have a SolusVM Node to learn how to make a vps easily.

And do you know? When I use the SolusVM Client, installing, rebooting, etc, all of it is much much faster than some VPS provider I ever tried. No need to wait some minutes to finish the OS installation. Maybe that's because I only have 2 vps on the node. :D

Last month, I'm creating an OpenVZ vps inside a KVM vps. But only with private IPv4 and with working IPv6, because the KVM have routed /64 :0

I'm creating an OpenVZ by doing # vzctl create xxx, setting up the Tun/Tap from shell. And advanced by using OpenVZ Web Panel, and next by using SolusVM. :)

• @joelgm said:
    Hmm.. And how do you install an OS on these servers? Do they have some kind of initial panel? Or is installation manual by ticket?

We can install the ose from the panel/client side. There's an option for the OS, partitioning, user password, etc. :)

We can install the ose from the panel/client side. There's an option for the OS, partitioning, user password, etc. :)

Awesome. I'm buying one too. :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

And advanced by using OpenVZ Web Panel, and next by using SolusVM. :)

@ErawanArifNugroho looking forward to ErawanVM offers on LEB :D

Awesome. I'm buying one too. :)

Regarding online.net, I would wait till they make the 2013 lineup available to all.

• @joelgm said:

Great, I hope you can enjoy it :)

@rm_ said:
    ErawanArifNugroho looking forward to ErawanVM offers on LEB :D

Hahaha... Not planning to do that now rm_ :D
    Been busy in the office now, so for something like that, I need a staff to handle the server. Currently I just give away a free vps for my friend in Indonesia to test, but in a limited amount/close friend only :)

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited August 2013

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Been busy in the office now, so for something like that, I need a staff to handle the server. Currently I just give away a free vps for my friend in Indonesia to test, but in a limited amount/close friend only :)

You've already bought a SolusVM license? Please post a Network speed test for the server. I'm a bit confused by the bandwidth they mention. Is it 1Gbit or 100Mbit?

• @joelgm said:
    You've already bought a SolusVM license?

Yes, as this is for learning, I don't need much license, just for the SolusVM Master which cost $2,5/month and SolusVM Slave Micro for $2,5/month.

@rds100 teach me, that the SolusVM Slave Micro can be used to create 2 VM's :) So that's enough to learn how SolusVM work

• Why not a free solution like Proxmox? Anyone have experience with that?

• xsetxset Member

we are waging First 5000 KS-2G. speed will increase from Monday. Next comes after a 5000

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@xset is there a way to transfer that to an active account?

• @joelgm said:
    Why not a free solution like Proxmox? Anyone have experience with that?

Proxmox is quite stable. You can run both OpenVZ and KVM on the same server as well. I run this setup at my office on a Dell PowerEdge server running with no issues.

• @Jack said:
    I called the commercial team just now and got the number you are calling is busy... Surely they can accept more than one call at a time?

Oh, http://status.ovh.co.uk/?do=details&id=5143

I think KS2G people have broken it.

• xsetxset Member

@netomx There is a form to do that, but it has to be printed+signed+mailed. That would take at least 3 days to get the papers to the office, and transfer might take some days too. You might get your KS2G quicker.

• xsetxset Member

@jack why would you call them?

This discussion has been closed.