Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 23
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• Rules and Guidelines typo for the 2014-02-11 revision:

Having your complete "singature" underlined, bold, italic......

• LeeLee Veteran

+1 for getting rid of Vanilla, not that I hate it but the likes of IP.board and others can do it better and provide additional functionality.

• mujmuj Member

I vote Xenforo great features and never has been exploited.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

muj said: I vote Xenforo great features and never has been exploited.

Well that's actually the only one I could find so I guess you're right.

• i use to have a lot of posts but all disappeared what happened they get deleted after some time ?

• Not that I know.

• @KrakHead said:
    i use to have a lot of posts but all disappeared what happened they get deleted after some time ?

Maybe they were from before May 2013?

• @mpkossen said:
    Maybe they were from before May 2013?

Joined December 2012

Could be. Why... all users lost their posts on that date?

• @KrakHead said:
    Could be. Why... all users lost their posts on that date?

We were hacked back then and I believe not all content could be restored. I wasn't admin back then, so I don't know for sure.

• @mpkossen said:

Ohhh i see thanks now i understand where all the posts gone probably could be restored as you said.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@KrakHead said:
    i use to have a lot of posts but all disappeared what happened they get deleted after some time ?

Unfortunately some content was lost the result of the hacks.

• marcmmarcm Member

jbiloh said: Unfortunately some content was lost the result of the hacks.

@KrakHead IIRC from last year when the site was hacked the most recent backup was a few days old, if not an entire week. Whoever tried to hack the site tried really hard to mess it up, so for a day or two the same content was restored multiple times until proper security measures were put in place. At least that's what I remember, maybe I'm wrong. After all, it's been almost a year since that happened.

• The issue was software related to Vanilla forums, we had to contact Vanilla themselves to get the issues fixed.

• I think @marcm's memory serves him right. I doubt anyone lost "a lot" of posts. Mostly what's gone were some posts between hack (or backups before hack, to be exact) and final restoration if I remember correct. Maybe some week of LET history at most.
    If someone's missing complete posting history it's possible that he isn't logged into his "primary" account. In registration process which include manual verification and mail confirmation some newcomers try to register more than once before they successfully join as members.

Thanked by 1marcm
  • Perhaps limit the amount of animated pictures and YouTube videos a person can post a day. Seriously, there's one person around here who's responses consist entirely of huge animated GIFs and non-relevant YouTube videos.

• edanedan Member

For forum platform I recommend Discourse http://www.discourse.org/

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@0xdragon said:
    Perhaps limit the amount of animated pictures and YouTube videos a person can post a day. Seriously, there's one person around here who's responses consist entirely of huge animated GIFs and non-relevant YouTube videos.

If it's relevant to the topic I see no problem, if it's not then as a Moderator delete the post and talk to the user about this behaviour.
    If it's posted in the Cest pit thread, leave it be .....

• @MikHo phrased it better :)

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited March 2014

We could go to vBulletin 4, use dark grey as the background color for everything, disable images, videos and avatars completely and have additional ads at the top and bottom of each page and also underneath each topic post, right before the comments start.

• marcm said: We could go to vBulletin 4, use dark grey as the background color for everything, disable images, videos and avatars completely and have additional ads at the top and bottom of each page and also underneath each topic post, right before the comments start.

I think you meant the forum software WHT v1.2?

• Just sayin... We need a flag option for mobile users...

Thanked by 1Magiobiwan
  • Feature request: Allow us to remove items off our walls (clean up spam etc.)

• Feature request: Allow us to remove items off our walls (clean up spam etc.)

Seconded, please.

• marcmmarcm Member

Can we get our own LowEndAirplane?

• Lowendairplane, should not have a jet, no radar, no engine, :p

• Instead of raising the global $7 limit, I think there are two alternatives:

1. Allow a maximum of 50% increase on the original $7 limit (i.e max $10.5) for VPS offers located in "uncommon" locations, e.g. Asia, Oceania, Africa and East Europe, subject to moderator approval.
    2. Different price limit bands for different locations, an example would be: $7 for North America and West Europe, $9 for East Europe and Oceania, $12 for Asia and Africa.
  • UI request: Remove the "Mark All Viewed" button on mobile as it is remarkably easy to hit accidentally.

• Can threads be auto-closed after a certain period of time (example: 30 days from last response)? Old threads keep getting dug up with irrelevant comments...

Thanked by 3marcm Mark_R LowEND
  • @0xdragon said:
    UI request: Remove the "Mark All Viewed" button on mobile as it is remarkably easy to hit accidentally.

Submit it here please: https://github.com/LowEndNetwork/Garden

• @petris said:
    Can threads be auto-closed after a certain period of time (example: 30 days from last response)? Old threads keep getting dug up with irrelevant comments...

Hmm, sounds like an idea. Let me see if Vanilla supports that.

This discussion has been closed.