Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• @wcypierre said:

Indeed a change would be nice. Until that happens you could use greasemonkey and simply change LET to your liking.

• @skagerrak said:
    Indeed a change would be nice. Until that happens you could use greasemonkey and simply change LET to your liking.

agreed. but, not really into coding for now as I'm having some other things in hand

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

3 cheers for Maarten if he fixes the quote plugin :)

Thanked by 1skagerrak
  • @jbiloh said:
    3 cheers for Maarten if he fixes the quote plugin :)

It's on my list :-)

• If anyone has a comment where quoting doesn't work, please share a link to that comment here. I need that data to figure out what's going wrong.

• wcypierrewcypierre Member
    edited February 2014

@mpkossen mind looking into my feedback? :)

• @wcypierre said:
    mpkossen mind looking into my feedback? :)

Please submit that one here if you have a GitHub account: https://github.com/LowEndNetwork/Garden/issues

Otherwise let me know and I'll add it there later.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@mpkossen said:
    If anyone has a comment where quoting doesn't work, please share a link to that comment here. I need that data to figure out what's going wrong.

Check 4 post above yours. And then one page back for the original quoted post.

• @mpkossen said:
    Otherwise let me know and I'll add it there later.

Not sure if you have any interest on it, but I have submitted a pull request which includes a simple poc for the search.

• @wcypierre said:
    Not sure if you have any interest on it, but I have submitted a pull request which includes a simple poc for the search.

Thanks. I'll test it soon and if there actually is a popular demand for replacing search by Google (I personally prefer the built-in search) I'll implement it.

edited February 2014

@mpkossen said:
    Thanks. I'll test it soon and if there actually is a popular demand for replacing search by Google (I personally prefer the built-in search) I'll implement it.

Sure. It's a simple code though, so I doubt that there's much mistakes to it.

I can't say that there's a popular demand, but I'm definitely not the first one to say that the search feature is not useful. https://www.google.com/search?q=site:lowendtalk.com search sucks

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/8575/improve-let-search

• wcypierre said: Sure. It's a simple code though, so I doubt that there's much mistakes to it.

Me too. I'm very certain it'll work. It's a force of habit, nothing personal.

edited February 2014

@mpkossen said:
    Me too. I'm very certain it'll work. It's a force of habit, nothing personal.

No problem. Probably you'll need to tweak a thing or two to for SEO and the redirection path, but the general idea should be like that.

Anyway, let the community decide, I'm merely suggesting it.

• I've finally found why quoting isn't working properly. Something with Carriage Return (damn you Microsoft Windows) and a regular expression tripping over those.

I've created a fix (or rather, a workaround; didn't want to waste too much time on regexfoo). I'll commit and push it in a second and send it to Alex so he can put in on the web servers.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Suggestion: close the comments on LEB offer posts after 45 (ish) days.

Reason: Generally all you get after that are trolls or unfounded complaints and people use it to slur/ vent.

Thanked by 1Magiobiwan
  • GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2014

Being able to delete your thread if you no longer want it.

I prefer deletion over closing.

• darknyan said: Being able to delete your thread if you no longer want it.

Think about all people investing their effort and time responding in your thread. Once people post in your thread it's not just about your content but also their.

• @Spirit said:

Except sometimes the thread is a gigantic shitstorm and nothing else (I can make numerous examples.) Then again, I guess that's the spirit of LE* itself (and I wouldn't trade the use of my popcorn to anything else really.)

I'm going to again point out that the copyright says 2013 (like I pointed out four pages ago.) Cmon guys, date('Y') isn't that hard :).

• serverianserverian Member
    edited February 2014

Yeah, I check what year it is on the footer of this website and all my life is ruined because of this.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK

• @HardCloud said:
    I'm going to again point out that the copyright says 2013 (like I pointed out four pages ago.) Cmon guys, date('Y') isn't that hard :).

he's probably waiting for me to submit a pull request for it. heh. ;)

• HardCloud said: Cmon guys, date('Y') isn't that hard :).

Blame the theme author ;-)

wcypierre said: he's probably waiting for me to submit a pull request for it. heh. ;)

Hehe, or someone to submit the issue and I'll fix it myself.

• By the way: the best solution is to have the entire footer editable from within Vanilla, rather than having it in the code. I believe PHP is not allowed in Vanilla's TPL files.

• @mpkossen said:
    By the way: the best solution is to have the entire footer editable from within Vanilla, rather than having it in the code. I believe PHP is not allowed in Vanilla's TPL files.

Yup. It is not allowed.

• @wcypierre said:
    Yup. It is not allowed.

I think I'll remove the hard-coded text from the footer and put it in a "pocket" so we can just change it whenever we want from within the dashboard.

• @mpkossen said:
    I think I'll remove the hard-coded text from the footer and put it in a "pocket" so we can just change it whenever we want from within the dashboard.

Gimme a day and let me look into it. Probably(and hopefully) I can find sth automated :)

p/s: btw, today will be a long night for you ;)

• wcypierre said: p/s: btw, today will be a long night for you ;)

What, why?

• @mpkossen said:
    What, why?

you'll know soon enough ;)

• mysterious

• @Mark_R said:
    mysterious

Well, I have other plans, so if there's a party, don't count me in.

• @mpkossen said:
    Well, I have other plans, so if there's a party, don't count me in.

isn't that the only thing that is available here is drama? :)

This discussion has been closed.