Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• @mpkossen
    Broken links on the latest LEB post, i.e. OpenVirtuals.
    Offer post link is http://lowendbox.com/blog/4803/ which goes to 404 page.

Always interested in SSD offers so I want to see the full post. :)

• testing old thanks csrf bug. should auto thank spirit.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited January 2014

dnom said: testing old thanks csrf bug. should auto thank spirit.

Don't bother reporting, i reported it back in August in this very thread and so far noone has fixed it.

Currently at 1859 Thanks and counting... Lets see if i can break the 2000 before a fix

• @DalComp said:
    mpkossen
    Broken links on the latest LEB post, i.e. OpenVirtuals.
    Offer post link is http://lowendbox.com/blog/4803/ which goes to 404 page.

Always interested in SSD offers so I want to see the full post. :)

Fixed it. Somehow WP doesn't always generate the link properly and the only way to fix it is to make it up yourself.

• @mpkossen I wonder if it's the brackets in the blog post title - pretty sure wordpress itself should be able to handle that but perhaps a plugin or web server config compatibility issue. Maybe do some testing with and without brackets in the title?

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited January 2014

@craigb said:
    mpkossen I wonder if it's the brackets in the blog post title - pretty sure wordpress itself should be able to handle that but perhaps a plugin or web server config compatibility issue. Maybe do some testing with and without brackets in the title?

Not sure what causes it. Could even be me saving the draft without a title. First thing I'm going to do from now on when writing an offer is setting a title. Maybe that'll work.

It's also just stupid that it puts up a broken link. Maybe it's even our template causing that, I don't know, but there should always be a working link with the ID in it.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@mpkossen said:
    It's also just stupid that it puts up a broken link. Maybe it's even our template causing that, I don't know, but there should always be a working link with the ID in it.

When you save the draft it sets the pretty permalinks using the title, when you change the title the pretty permalink isn't updated automagically.
    Thats why it becomes a 404. The "best" workaround is to set the correct title before saving the draft.

• PLEASE allow us to UNthank a post !!

• Add a rule where for every promotional poster, that user must be actively participating in the community. I'm seeing an awful amount of spam accounts that just advertise and do nothing else.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n Mark_R
  • @0xdragon said:
    Add a rule where for every promotional poster, that user must be actively participating in the community. I'm seeing an awful amount of spam accounts that just advertise and do nothing else.

There are rules. People need to have been registered for at least 30 days and have 25 posts. For anything else than a domain, our permission is required. We generally only allow participating community members to post.

If there's any offer you feel shouldn't be here, Flag it for us :-)

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n

Enable the Flag link on the mobile theme. I'm lazy in this case and usually ignore a post then report it by viewing the thread in "full site" mode on my phone and then change back to the mobile theme.

Thanked by 2Magiobiwan 0xdragon
  • And consider enabling the thanks and fave button in mobile view...there's space (iphone4 user)

Thanked by 1Magiobiwan
  • Fave button now showing up on mobile :)

Thanks!

• For me (As of now) it keeps marking random comments as unread.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Been noticing this to ^ random threads missing etc when I click on them once and back again after clicking on it again

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2014

literally 2 seconds apart refresh:

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    literally 2 seconds apart refresh:

Missed a quote

@mcmyhost said:

tried to edit it just kept saying it could not find the post lol.

• @MikHo said:
    Enable the Flag link on the mobile theme. I'm lazy in this case and usually ignore a post then report it by viewing the thread in "full site" mode on my phone and then change back to the mobile theme.

Noted.

craigb said: And consider enabling the thanks and fave button in mobile view...there's space (iphone4 user)

Noted.

About the errors: I don't know what's causing them. Is it still happening right now?

• limit total new threads member can create per week.

This guy create new thread everyday
    http://lowendtalk.com/profile/discussions/80966/2014

Thanked by 1darkshire

@mpkossen yup

Just replied with " @mpkossen yup " hit refresh and:

Best guess the cluster is not actually using real load balancing it is simply some sort of round robin which is badly out of sync or there are to many versions or its master <> slave <> slave <> slave and the updates are to slow to stay in sync.

possible solutions: prune DB, turn off RR for a while, have 1 DB servers and multiple front ends rather than multiple DB servers as well as front ends.

and now I refresh again and my comment is above the one above this one.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    and now I refresh again and my comment is above the one above this one.

yeah

last one = gone :)

The errors mentioned started/"got so bad that users notice it" the last few day or so.

It is a bit confusing. :)

• I have a suggestion for the mobile version of this website. Whenever I visit a thread and then go back to the thread list, the page scroll position is not at the thread I viewed, instead it scrolls back tothe top of page. I find this rather annoying because I need to find that position again.

• I've sent Alex an e-mail regarding the issues some people are experiencing.

• Instead of just complaining like everyone else is, I'm going to go over this thread (json format, as dumped), and a few other threads, and compile together a list of all the outstanding suggestions; formatted by topic.

It might take a few days, but I feel it's a step in a positive direction for LE* if we all know what has been suggested, what peoples' arguments for or against each suggestion has been, etc; since one giant 12 page thread + many other threads / misplaced comments isn't exactly a very organized means of displaying them.

@mpkossen said:
    I've sent Alex an e-mail regarding the issues some people are experiencing.

Things seem to be grinding to a halt at the moment,

This discussion has been closed.