Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Things seem to be grinding to a halt at the moment,

Do they? I'm personally not experiencing any issues, but that's just me.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2014

been slow for a little while now, edits taking a long time and posts etc.

edit: but obviously fine now because I reported it haha

Thanked by 1mpkossen

This just popped in to my head, might be stupid but I had to put it out there as a suggestion. just read a few moans about LEB/T and a few suggestions on how things could/should be done (the usual)

Maybe, just maybe once per month there should be a lowest unique bidder auction on a yearly deal, obviously it needs to be something special to attract the right number of people, it needs to be advertised well in advance to build momentum.

Example an 8GB VPS or a dedicated server for a year, bidding runs for x days (maybe 7) and you can literally bid any mount you want for it, the lowest unique bid wins.

Obviously a separate paypal account would be required with micro payments enabled and a bit of custom coding required but it could be a fun way to get some higher spec servers out there without castrating hosts that can offer bigger packages at amazing prices but not quite the $7 target :)

• GuanYuGuanYu Member
    edited January 2014

More about sales? :)
    LET is flooded with marketing and sales. My suggestion is to increase 14 days posting limit to 1 month limit and all marketing industry news by hosts counted as offer advertisement.
    I know it's not going to happen, but I can dream...

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n

Also maybe change the layout on LEB so you can add more offers to 1 page, having 1 post take up 20% of a page is a bit much now the site is so popular, perhaps more of a box/grid system would be better so you have 2 posts side by side taking up the same amount of space that 1 post takes up now with a shorter preview text to encourage more clicks in.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    Also maybe change the layout on LEB so you can add more offers to 1 page, having 1 post take up 20% of a page is a bit much now the site is so popular, perhaps more of a box/grid system would be better so you have 2 posts side by side taking up the same amount of space that 1 post takes up now with a shorter preview text to encourage more clicks in.

omg, you are suggesting a change of template! Do you know the amount of work that is? That is not the "old" LEB way! Outrageous !

btw ... can we get a sarcasm colour?

well yeah, I guess that would be the final suggestion to top all suggestions... LEB/T is pulling in 5 figures in revenue every month meanwhile we are castrated down to $7 as a maximum despite your own ad fee's going up by over 350% for a lower CTR than ever.

That is a little out of balance now but if you actually put a little bit of that money in to hiring a competent full time coder who could fix things/ improve things and make it more of an (forgive me) LEB 2.0 it might drive in the numbers and conversions needed to keep it as a going concern.

I like the place but honestly I give it a few years at the most the development rate is horribly slow worth for providers will go down and ad spots will go empty.

Thanked by 2mikho Gunter
  • nocomnocom Member
    edited January 2014

About This Wiki
    as a challenge to run a dynamic site on 32MB VPS - wrong link to http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/xenvz-99-pence-openvz-vps-quick-review/

• AnthonySmith said: I like the place but honestly I give it a few years at the most the development rate is horribly slow worth for providers will go down and ad spots will go empty.

I'd love to start coding but I need time. I'm actively working to trying to create that.

• i see..
    wasted

@mpkossen I hope this is not insulting :( I did not realise you were a coder :p sounds good then :) give me a poke if you want some work :)

• Could hire me to code :P

• @AnthonySmith said:
    mpkossen I hope this is not insulting :( I did not realise you were a coder :p sounds good then :) give me a poke if you want some work :)

Been doing full-time development (actually DevOps) for about 2.5-3 years now, 2.5 years part-time with the same company before that. Also have my own company for things like that, though I'm not actively selling. I even lead a fairly large Open Source project a couple of years ago (was also lead dev, etc.). Been doing stuff like that since I was 12 (that's almost 16 years ago).

• Notification is broken for me and @massnodes, anyone else?

• @nocom said:
    Notification is broken for me and massnodes, anyone else?

Working fine for me, what do you mean "broken" ?

• I ended up getting that notification. I think sometimes it's a little flaky.

• not working, no notification but now is ok

• LET seriously needs an ignore function.

Thanked by 1tux
  • Whoever needs thread closed or something please FLAG it instead of highlight all team member names.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • @Spirit said:
    Whoever needs thread closed or something please FLAG it instead of highlight all team member names.

I'll remember that for next time.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Spirit said: Whoever needs thread closed or something please FLAG it instead of highlight all team member names.

No one can spell my name properly, I'm safe :)

Thanked by 2mpkossen Mark_R
  • gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited January 2014

Can we get an update on the Thanks plugin?

Thanked by 1rds100
  • What's there to update? I think it works as it is?

• rds100 said: What's there to update? I think it works as it is?

No the CSRF problem is still not fixed: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/297388/#Comment_297388

Thanked by 1rds100
  • @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Can we get an update on the Thanks plugin?

I am waiting for Alex to send me all the Vanilla files for LowEndBox.com. Once I have that exact copy, I can set up a local dev environment and start fixing things.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@mpkossen said:
    I am waiting for Alex to send me all the Vanilla files for LowEndBox.com. Once I have that exact copy, I can set up a local dev environment and start fixing things.

I'll make sure that gets done today.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @jbiloh said:
    I'll make sure that gets done today.

Thanks!

@mpkossen said:

Just a note: development will be public. The GH repo is here: https://github.com/LowEndNetwork/Garden

• Just a heads up: I'm having e-mail delivery issues looked at.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@mpkossen said:
    Just a heads up: I'm having e-mail delivery issues looked at.

I just got some, from yesterday mentions. So I think it is working now

• E-mails are working again (just got a load of them myself).

Thanks to @SysAdmin for fixing this :-)

This discussion has been closed.