Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 24
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• @mpkossen said:
    Hmm, sounds like an idea. Let me see if Vanilla supports that.

Yeah, I can do that manually (just input a date and all discussions older than that will be closed), but I'm unsure as to how it actually works. I don't want it to close threads by start date, but rather by last comment date.

@petris: could you also submit it as a GitHub issue? Once I have a dev moment I'll get it done.

• @mpkossen said:
    petris: could you also submit it as a GitHub issue? Once I have a dev moment I'll get it done.

Should I submit this to the Vanilla Forums project, i.e. https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden, or did you have your own fork of it?

Thanks.

• @petris said:
    Thanks.

They do have one: https://github.com/LowEndNetwork/Garden

• Thanks!

• @mpkossen said:
    petris: could you also submit it as a GitHub issue? Once I have a dev moment I'll get it done.

Just to hook in on the Xenforo again, I like Xenforo way more aswell, it can keep the forum more organized by having multiple categorys, it's hard to find stuff here sometimes. Migration could be done by the following way:
    VanillaForums -> Phpbb -> Xenforo

• Is there a status update on HTTPS implementation?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @darknyan said:
    Is there a status update on HTTPS implementation?

Nope, not yet. I've yet to test it and see how we could implement it before I send it to Jon.

• AdducAdduc Member

Need a clarification on the signature policy: Is HTML for aligning text allowed (center, right, etc.)?

• @mpkossen said:

I finally submitted this on GitHub.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

What benefit is there to adding private voting for the Top Provider polls? Seems to be counter productive when there has been mention of more transparency here. Removing the ability to have the community vet and double check the tallies to make sure there is no foul play in the voting seems to be a step backwards and opens the door to rigging the votes.

• iSkyiSky Member

@mpkossen : hi, i would like to make suggestion.... can you archieved the Quartell poll, so we can analyze it by ourself not by this quartelly only. or did you do that ?

• n1kkon1kko Member

Site scrolls back to top on mobile and table after clicking back button

• Bookmarking individual posts would make a great feature.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@skagerrak You can do that with the star in the top right corner of a thread

• @Fliphost said:
    skagerrak You can do that with the star in the top right corner of a thread

No I can't because that bookmarks a whole thread not a single post.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@skagerrak Oh I see what you mean now, I thought you were referring to the original post

• Hello LET,

I suggest to reduce the post to post duration for domain,software sale.

rules can be like,
    1) only one auction can run at a time.
    2) reduce post duration from 30 days to 7 days. so many members can sell their domains,softwares.this would be best marketplace.

please consider my request.
    were hope will receive good news soon.

thanks.

• @eversmile_host said:
    Hello LET,

I suggest to reduce the post to post duration for domain,software sale.

rules can be like,
    1) only one auction can run at a time.
    2) reduce post duration from 30 days to 7 days. so many members can sell their domains,softwares.this would be best marketplace.

please consider my request.
    were hope will receive good news soon.

thanks.

That doesn't even make any sense. We don't want to see software/other offers on here. If it's not a VPS or something similar to that, we probably don't want it.

• Will LEB/LET changed into Wjunction?

More and more people with purpose for running torrent/seedbox coming here.

• ErawanArifNugroho said: Will LEB/LET changed into Wjunction?

Communities drive themselves in the direction they choose to go. If providers are alright with hosting torrents, then that's the inevitability.

Either way, I'm excited for 2014 Q1 LET poll results. Is there an ETA on when they'll come out?

• LowEndFest

• Posts used to ungray when there was a new comment, some don't anymore (all offers). Was this deliberate, because I really liked that feature.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2014

Silvenga said: Posts used to ungray when there was a new comment, some don't anymore (all offers). Was this deliberate, because I really liked that feature.

Offers section is set to sink and work that way since september 2011 (to prevent regular bumping up older advertisement threads). All other forum sections still work the way you want unless moderator for some reason sink some thread manually. It does not happen often, but sometimes does.

• Spirit said: Offers section is set to sink...

I'm not referring to sinking of the threads. I was just wondering as I just noticed it. Before (a month ago) the posts would still sink, but the posts would turn white and highlight the number of new comments. This does not happen anymore. I just thought the offer section was dead until I saw the number of comments going up.

I just assumed some coding was being done and there were still some bugs. For example, I was not notified that you mentioned me (I'm not notified of most mentions).

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2014

Silvenga said: Before (a month ago) the posts would still sink, but the posts would turn white and highlight the number of new comments.

Month ago was the same. Thread set to sink does not appear in bold characters with new post. There isn't any change.

Silvenga said: I was not notified that you mentioned me (I'm not notified of most mentions).

@Silvenga

You are now.

• Minor thing, can we get the LEB* site updated with proper timings? The footer says "All date/time in UTC" but posts are going up at 7:30AM Central (DST), so may get slightly confusing to those trying to catch a new post as it goes up (IE Hosts trying to determine what exact time their listing may go up).

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Times are now UTC again on LowEndBox.com. Posts will be published at either 01:00 UTC or 13:00 UTC.

UTC is the easiest because WordPress uses an offset to UTC rather than a timezone. Daylight savings (man, which idiot came up with that?) are sensitive to that, so when daylight savings start the timings don't match anymore.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • @mpkossen said:
    Times are now UTC again on LowEndBox.com. Posts will be published at either 01:00 UTC or 13:00 UTC.

Thanks for clearing that up ^_^

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Spirit said: Month ago was the same. Thread set to sink does not appear in bold characters with new post. There isn't any change.

This is what I was talking about, the "feature/bug" is back:

This discussion has been closed.