Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 26
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• GunterGunter Member

Consider removing the links on the side of LEB. They're rather outdated. Dead Pool monthly hasn't had a post since 2012. Debian 5 is no longer supported, etc

• wychwych Member

@darknyan said:
    Consider removing the links on the side of LEB. They're rather outdated. Dead Pool monthly hasn't had a post since 2012. Debian 5 is no longer supported, etc

Don't remove them, update them.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Is it possible to add a 'top the top' link scrolled past a certain point?

• wychwych Member

@daxterfellowes said:
    Is it possible to add a 'top the top' link scrolled past a certain point?

Would be great for the times im a spanner and push the end button in Cest Pit and then fly all the way to the bottom, although the Home button could do it.

• @wych said:
    Would be great for the times im a spanner and push the end button in Cest Pit and then fly all the way to the bottom, although the Home button could do it.

It would suffice to say the home button would do. But that's not what improvements are about, right?

• Yeah that'd be nice. Maybe just something like

<a href="#top" style="position: fixed; left: 10px; bottom: 0px; padding: 5px; border: 1px solid #448844; border-bottom: 0px;">&#8593;</a>

(without inline styling ofc.) Just a little white box with an arrow in it.

Thanked by 1daxterfellowes
  • wychwych Member

@daxterfellowes said:
    It would suffice to say the home button would do. But that's not what improvements are about, right?

The home button on my phone doesn't do the same as my PC, thats grounds enough!

• defiantdefiant Member

Nekki said: Because we hate change. You should see the shitstorm that blew up the time the colours changed.

Makes sense! :)

• wychwych Member

A little bit of a bigger suggestions (might be the way vanilla/my browser is) but can we have it so when editing a post hitting tab moves you to save/update post rather than to add a new comment beneath.

• @wych said:
    A little bit of a bigger suggestions (might be the way vanilla/my browser is) but can we have it so when editing a post hitting tab moves you to save/update post rather than to add a new comment beneath.

That would be easy enough to implement. It's been an accessibility attribute in the HTML specification for at least five years now, that you could set the taxIndex of individual elements grouped together, to choose in what order they receive input.

• edited May 2014

@mpkossen, After seeing the flags for "Member no signature", how about creating some flags for the provider too?

And another flags, like this :

• Provider
    • Reviewer
    • Writer
    • Luker

And also, can I try to get a flag like "Stupid Member" for a week? Not an insult, but it seems like funny :D

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    mpkossen, After seeing the flags for "Member no signature", how about creating some flags for the provider too?

What happens for the people that fall into more than one group?

• Hehehe... then they went to member without signature. :p

Thanked by 1perennate
  • GunterGunter Member

Reviewer Lurker

These two sound totally unnecessary.

As far as providers go, should this ever be implemented, please enforce a business registration requirement that is verified by providing incorporation papers for the provider rank.

• Yeah, like at vpsboard, we had "Verfied Provider" or at WHT :)

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

You do realise mpkossen is looking for a new editor to drop his workload; having a verified provider or similar system would just generate even more work for the admin(s)/team.

• wychwych Member

@Zen said:
    Automation is the way to efficiency

Automation = Obliteration.

• VPNVPN Member
    edited May 2014

@wych said:
    Automation = Obliteration.

Automation = the redundancy of humans.

Until the machines become rogue and the humans have to stop them with massive weapons and witty humour throughout. Maybe even some dodgy one liners like "Compute this!" right before a server room gets napalmed.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • trexostrexos Member

@mpkossen
    It looks like it's not possible to mark a thread as favourite on your mobile website. It always gives me an error.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@trexos said:
    mpkossen
    It looks like it's not possible to mark a thread as favourite on your mobile website. It always gives me an error.

Press and hold, that usually works for me.
    The thread loads but when refreshing the home page it usually is favourited.

Thanked by 1trexos
  • RalliasRallias Member

I just cleaned up lowendwiki and it's complaining about being out of date. Someone wanna poke it?

• trexostrexos Member

I wouls love to see a tablet version of LE*, my 10" tablet uses the standard mobile website which is a bit ugly for such a display.

• I use LEB on my iPad and find it fine, a mobile theme might be useful to some users tho. Just don't do what half of the 'mobile' sites out there do and stick me with something built for 640x480 and a 4in-or-less screen on my 9.7in iPad.

Mobile theme is used when browsing with an iphone, ipad is "locked" to the regular theme.
    I would like the mobile theme to be available on the ipad aswell.

• how about a LET app for mobile devices

@enitan092 said:
    how about a LET app for mobile devices

Downvote from me on this. Mobile theme on ipad is good enough.

Thanked by 2Nekki Peroni
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

MikHo said: Downvote from me on this. Mobile theme on ipad is good enough.

Agreed; although I use the full site quite happily on an iPad, the mobile theme is perfectly good for an iPhone.

@Nekki said:
    Agreed; although I use the full site quite happily on an iPad, the mobile theme is perfectly good for an iPhone.

The mobile theme is a bit faster and you don't get the ads :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

MikHo said: The mobile theme is a bit faster and you don't get the ads :)

To be honest, it loads pretty quickly anyway, certainly not slowly enough for me to think about switching themes. Fair point on the ads though.

@Nekki, you never used the free wifi on Mallorca have you?

This discussion has been closed.