Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 29
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• Serious question:

What is the "Provider" section for?

I've previously used it when reporting vulnerabilities that might affect fellow providers, or when telling other providers about a revolutionary new software / doohickey that might make their lives easier, but is that even what the section is meant for?

I ask due to all these GVH threads. Is the Provider section meant for provider announcements as well? I have no problem with if it is, but I couldn't find it defined anywhere what the section was meant for.

• ZEROFZEROF Member

Hi,

I will just share spamer user nick that need to be banned from LET:

solong and you
    solongsolong 4:14PM
    I think you're very attractive with your profile,I am interested to know you.I will like you to contact me at [[email protected]], so I will send you my photos Your love grace

Romance Scam • Senegal scams

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@ZEROF said:

Haha.

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited June 2014

Not digging the new ad placement.. It looked better when it was under the categories page.

Thanked by 1eddynetweb
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

I appreciate the sentiment, but it was entirely my choice to walk away.

• AmitzAmitz Member

You did not last long, pussy cat! ;-)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Amitz said:
    You did not last long, pussy cat! ;-)

I always had a feeling I wouldn't, but you don't know unless you try. It was alright until the last couple of days, but they were bad enough for me to know that staying would be the wrong thing for me to do.

Thanked by 2Liam Amitz
  • Mark_RMark_R Member

@Nekki said:
    but they were bad enough for me to know that staying would be the wrong thing for me to do.

that really makes me curious about what did drive you to make that decision, you did appear to me as a solid moderator.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Mark_R said:
    that really makes me curious about what did drive you to make that decision, you did appear to me as a solid moderator.

Dealing with someone threatening to harm themselves isn't something I want to be involved with.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Mark_RMark_R Member

@Nekki said:
    Dealing with someone threatening to harm themselves isn't something I want to be involved with.

I can imagine but despite of what that person will do to himself, it is not your fault, he does it to himself and if he is serious about it then he will go through with it no matter what you say, i'm also pretty sure that someone who thinks about commiting suicide/harming himself will not broadcast it on the WWW. (assuming that this is about the recent GVH - Jon thread.)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Would love to see the quote plug in fixed :)

• @jbiloh said:

Oddly i've never had an issue with it like most people here.

It could be a OS/Browser specific issue.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Mark_R said: I can imagine but despite of what that person will do to himself, it is not your fault, he does it to himself and if he is serious about it then he will go through with it no matter what you say,

Knowing it's not your fault is one thing, but feeling like you did everything you could is another; I'm the type to dwell on conversations over meaningless things, so something serious like this would eat me up.

I don't want to derail this particular thread further, if you want to chat more, drop me a PM.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • CoreyCorey Member

ChrisMiller said: Oddly i've never had an issue with it like most people here.

Well like your comment, it had a newline in it between two sentences. When I highlighted your text and pressed quote it only put a > on the first sentence. I had to manually put a > on your next sentence after the newline.

• jbiloh said: Would love to see the quote plug in fixed :)

What's the specific issue (other than it just being crap, lol)? The blank quote line or something?

• @AThomasHowe said:
    What's the specific issue (other than it just being crap, lol)? The blank quote line or something?

The problem is [ that people keep forgetting ] is that we now have two completely different quote plugins, and each one has different bugs than the other one.

The Quote plugin where you simply click the quote button to reply, has a bug where if the last portion of a post was markup (such as a quot initiated with >) it will not be quoted.

The other quote plugin (select some text, click the popup quote button) has even more bugs.

• @ChrisMiller said:

It is. I can quote some people just fine, while it always fails for other. I just need to get my dev environment set up again and I could fix it pretty easily I think. It's one regular expression that's causing the issues. It's actually related to line endings.

• @mpkossen said:
    It is. I can quote some people just fine, while it always fails for other. I just need to get my dev environment set up again and I could fix it pretty easily I think. It's one regular expression that's causing the issues. It's actually related to line endings.

Wait what, Vanilla doesn't normalize line endings?

• GoodHosting said: The problem is [ that people keep forgetting ] is that we now have two completely different quote plugins, and each one has different bugs than the other one.

The Quote plugin where you simply click the quote button to reply, has a bug where if the last portion of a post was markup (such as a quot initiated with >) it will not be quoted.

The other quote plugin (select some text, click the popup quote button) has even more bugs.

Quote button? The only one I've ever seen is the highlight text, click quote which is a really arse backwards system that I hate. Don't think I have a quote button?

• AThomasHowe said: Don't think I have a quote button?

Bottom-left side of any post

Thanked by 1AThomasHowe
  • @xDutchy said:

I'm an idiot... I can see this one doesn't work either though.

• @jbiloh said:

Wouldn't an admin fix that? :|

• ben78ben78 Member

Any hope for https/ssl any time soon?

;)

• Mark_RMark_R Member

It might be a good idea to auto-close all old LET threads after a X amount of days/months. I often see old threads getting bumped up out of nowhere with posts that add no value to the thread.

• vedranvedran Veteran

ben78 said: Any hope for https/ssl any time soon?

Doubt it considering the certificate they had expired.

• c0yc0y Member

@mpkossen, is Xeon X3-1240v3 some kind of brand new Xeon?!

• Ey, whatever happened to the auto-sink on domains?

This discussion has been closed.