Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 25
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• Do you use "Mark All Viewed" option?

• Spirit said: Do you use "Mark All Viewed" option?

I do every now and then. Maybe once a month. Why?

• Because I am wondering if that's the reason why you see 3 new comments in screenshot thread above. Already opened threads should not be highlighted anymore in Offers section. Not even with new comments - this is not bug, but how it supposed to be.

• Spirit said: Not even with new comments - this is not bug, but how it supposed to be.

Interesting, so the highlighting is a bug, graying out is how the system is designed. I thought the opposite because I always saw the highlights in the offer sections from day one. Good to know.

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

1) A button at the footer to go back to the top

2) Sort Thanks via Most Thanked and recent.

3) If you need some help with getting SSL rolled out let me know, I rolled it out for a self hosted confidential Vanilla Forum.

• Make one featured/sponsored provider by cc at the top of LowEndBox.

That way you can post offers of other providers much faster.

• wychwych Member

@alexvolk said:
    Make one featured/sponsored provider by cc at the top of LowEndBox.

That way you can post offers of other providers much faster.

Cause I can see that going down well.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Buyers guides i.e. recommended providers for VPN, then sort according to best for (best for customers in Eastern Europe, Asia, US etc) - would help give researched, definitive answer to some of the most regularly asked questions.

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    Buyers guides i.e. recommended providers for VPN, then sort according to best for (best for customers in Eastern Europe, Asia, US etc) - would help give researched, definitive answer to some of the most regularly asked questions.

Isn't that what the wiki is for?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@wych said:
    Isn't that what the wiki is for?

There's a wiki?

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    There's a wiki?

http://wiki.lowendbox.com/ ?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I was under the impression it was abandoned, haven't looked at it for yonks.

• Nekki said: I was under the impression it was abandoned, haven't looked at it for yonks.

More or less.

• Any way to remove a thank from someone who you've accidentally thanked?

• Refresh page and unthank will appear.

• Hey guys, the formatting of the main page was messed up on the wiki and a few pages changed to spam, so I think it was all a bots doing. I reverted 'em but might wanna keep an eye on it.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited May 2014

Suggestion: Enforce a rule whereby people must not post useless content on every single offer.

Case in point:

@WellGrounded does this, but I don't think he's the only one.

WellGrounded said: Offer me a 128 MB plan please, I will pay yearly

Take a look at this:

http://lowendtalk.com/profile/comments/51083/WellGrounded

This sort of repetitive question belongs in PM, and is not a sales question that should be put publicly as it's only for one individual.

Thanked by 2Nekki perennate
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Just in addition to the above, we could also get the bellends who constantly ask for monthly payment on cheap yearlies.

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@Nekki said:
    Just in addition to the above, we could also get the bellends who constantly ask for monthly payment on cheap yearlies.

Haha keep dreaming...

"I want to pay monthly for your $6/year VPS".

• NekkiNekki Veteran

wych said: "I want to pay monthly for your $6/year VPS".

I think a 3 day ban 'for consistently being a prick' sounds fair.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • defiantdefiant Member

I guess we're using vanilla here. I am sorry but I had to ask this, why are we on vanilla? Is there any specific reason for not choosing, XenForo, IPB, vBulletin or the free ones like MyBB, phpBB etc?

• SpiritSpirit Member

I can't say for sure why Vanilla was picked several years ago, but at that time everything seemed better than old OSQA forum we migrated from. Around that time community still wasn't so big and Vanilla seemed as suitable solution.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

defiant said: I guess we're using vanilla here. I am sorry but I had to ask this, why are we on vanilla?

Because we hate change. You should see the shitstorm that blew up the time the colours changed.

Thanked by 2perennate Magiobiwan
  • wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    You should see the shitstorm that blew up the time the colours changed.

Pics or it didnt happen.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@wych said:
    Pics or it didnt happen.

If only the police would take that view of things, I'd have a considerably easier time stalking my ex-wife.

Thanked by 2mpkossen Infinity
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Barred

Nekki said: If only the police would take that view of things, I'd have a considerably easier time stalking my ex-wife.

Funny I don't have a problem stalking your ex-wife. :-P

• NekkiNekki Veteran

AuroraZ said: Funny I don't have a problem stalking your ex-wife. :-P

I don't get it?

• He's just joking with you Nekki :D

You're divorced now?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    He's just joking with you Nekki :D

You're divorced now?

I know he's joking, I just don't get how it ties in to the previous joke. I take comedy seriously.

No, I'm not divorced - that was just for the purposes of the funny. I'm still happily married, thank you for asking.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Nekki said: I'm still happily married, thank you for asking.

What's that? :-P

Nah, just kidding. I'm also happily married.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
This discussion has been closed.