Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• I think Alex fixed that shortly after you posted.

• Jack said: Still out for me.

Flush your cache and try again. Solved it for me on multiple occasions.

• @Jack said:
    Still the same in Chrome's thing mode.

Ah, that's not visible in Firefox, the alt text is just listed there. I'll ask if this can be looked at :-) Thanks for posting the screenshot!

• @Jack said:

Was posted at 9:54AM not 4:54AM.

That's not an error. 9:54AM in Buffalo is 4:54AM in Sealand. The Cluster™ uses servers in both places and the time you see displayed depends on which cluster server your session is being served from.

LEB

suggestion: practice some basic WP security and remove the readme.html page so you're not advertising the version to every Tom, Dick, and Skid.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Done, thanks for the suggestion

Thanked by 2DomainBop mpkossen
  • I really miss the monthly (or at least quarterly) deadpool post.

• rds100 said: I really miss the monthly (or at least quarterly) deadpool post.

I'm going to do that again, but with the kickstarters and the Q3 poll running, I can't squeeze it in. I'll do one in November. If you know any deadpoolers, let me know!

• I hope there will come some kind of delete button for your own posts

• What's the point? There is an "edit" and there is a "Flag" button.

• And there are responses to posts which would look silly if people would start deleting old posts. Just imagine, you change your mind, delete post above and then what? Should we all who responded to your deleted post delete our own posts too? Because without your initial posts all or responses are meaningless.

If there's really something sensitive (personal data or something like that) there's still possibility to edit it within a certain timeframe or after expired time flag it to request removal.

• @OsboxDutchHosting I hope there will come some kind of delete button for your own posts

I'd rather see a new member group created called member_no-post-offer_ever for some providers who join and immediately spam multiple threads. There was a Dutch provider, name starts with an O who did that last night...

• I notice you have poll's on here - they are comment based. This page http://vanillaforums.com/blog/news/may-release-introducing-polls/ says that real polls should be available.

• @rmlhhd it's currently exclusive to the hosted platform by Vanilla and there is no ETA for release for self-hosted Vanilla. (they responded to this question in comments at your URL)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@rmlhhd said:
    I notice you have poll's on here - they are comment based. This page http://vanillaforums.com/blog/news/may-release-introducing-polls/ says that real polls should be available.

The other poll plugins are really lacking unless something recently has been released. Has something?

• @jbiloh said:
    The other poll plugins are really lacking unless something recently has been released. Has something?

I had a look into the other poll plugins and as you say they are really lacking, I didn't notice that the one that I posted in here was for the hosted version.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited October 2013

I remember this being brought up before, pre-CC, but I (and many others) would love to see the Tapatalk plugin installed. I use Tapatalk personally and much prefer it to mobile sites, and as a forum administrator I've found it does a lot to boost engagement. You could even get an LET-branded version of the app in the App Store/Google Play for pretty cheap.

@Dylan said:
    I remember this being brought up before, pre-CC, but I (and many others) would love to see the Tapatalk plugin installed. I use Tapatalk personally and much prefer it to mobile sites, and as a forum administrator I've found it does a lot to boost engagement. You could even get an LET-branded version of the app in the App Store/Google Play for pretty cheap.

Interesting suggestion. What do others think?

As for the poll issue; if someone is willing to write something we'll pay and or give you services free.

• You guys should just redirect the search box results to google.com and append "site:lowendtalk.com" in the search query

• jbiloh said: Interesting suggestion. What do others think?

Just to be clear, installing the plugin would only give people the option to use Tapatalk. Doesn't mean anybody would have to; the mobile site would still work just like it does now.

Thanked by 1FlyInTheSky
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@jbiloh said:
    As for the poll issue; if someone is willing to write something we'll pay and or give you services free.

Yeah thats a great one.

@AnthonySmith said:
    Yeah thats a great one.

If anyone is interested let me know and we can talk price, etc.

• Low End Wiki Starting Page thank you for lol

• IF installing the TapaTalk plugin would NOT make a TapaTalk pop-up appear every time you open the site, I'd be okay with it. I HATE sites which have that pop-up installed. NO I DON'T WANT TO INSTALL TAPATALK!!!

Anyone else have input on the poll plugin that we all wish we had?

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

jbiloh said: Anyone else have input on the poll plugin that we all wish we had?

You should start a poll to see what people think!

The hosted version of Vanilla had a plugin similar to this: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/peregrinereactions-plugin

And it seemed most people liked it.

Should we add this open source version here?

Also I think this poll plugin might work: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/discussionpolls-plugin-1.2.2

• @jbiloh said:
    The hosted version of Vanilla had a plugin similar to this: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/peregrinereactions-plugin

And it seemed most people liked it.

Should we add this open source version here?

Funny? Wow? Scholary? Artistic?

Who liked it? It's tech forum for god's sake! Bloated doesn't mean better.

@jbiloh said:
    Also I think this poll plugin might work: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/discussionpolls-plugin-1.2.2

This could be fine.

@GuanYu it's easy to change the things like Funny, Wow, Artistic, etc.

This discussion has been closed.