Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

One of the plugins automatically sinks offers, which will be installed. Thanks again to @serverian for his efforts.

The others have to do with automatically limiting when you can post offers in accordance with the published rules. We're discussing this one still.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

to improve you service, if you would like a LEB to be sponsored to you, kindly let me know, and i shall do it.

yes open offer, and also i do not mean to say, your present provider/sponsor is not good, just wanted to contribute to the community...

• Hosts who lost offer posted in last 14 days please wait some day in case data get restored (I don't have any more info about all this than you do) and in case offer thread doesn't come back you're free to re-post it.

Everything has been restored on LEB.

We'll be working on restoring the data on LET Saturday. We will also fix the email server so that emails are functioning.

Once that is done the cluster setup will be finally complete.

Thanked by 1Nick

@Jack said:
    This cluster seems like an utter clusterfluck, remind me again why you moved it from the VM it was on?

Because LEB and LET get attacked viscously all day, and nearly every day. More horsepower is required to deal with all of the different types of attacks we see.

The LET content will be restored Soon TM.

But seriously, tomorrow.

• Something seems broken. Sinked threads in offers section are highlighted with new post. Sink function usually doesn't work that way.

Ok we'll look into that too.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@jbiloh

any idea

my threads are back, but the number showing is incorrect!!!

also my thanks are only 2, i had around 6-7 thanks.

can you look into the matter

please.... :)

We'll look into that.

Auto-sink should also be enable at this time for offer threads.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited October 2013

@jbiloh said:
    We'll look into that.

Auto-sink should also be enable at this time for offer threads.

Shouldn't they sink after 24 hours? I believe they now sink right away.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2013

@mpkossen 24 hours is for domain auctions.
    Offers category was set to autosink by default before mess started. (http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2374/#Comment_2374)

• @Spirit said:
    mpkossen 24 hours is for domain auctions.
    Offers category was set to autosink by default before mess started. (http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2374/#Comment_2374)

Ah, OK. Thanks :-)

• Forum seems desynced today. Notifications for old PMs, non existing member applications etc..

@Spirit said:
    Forum seems desynced today. Notifications for old PMs, non existing member applications etc..

We spun up a bunch more web servers today. How does it look now?

• @jbiloh said:
    We spun up a bunch more web servers today. How does it look now?

Still happens every now and then. Helpdesk also has issues. Every other request it thinks the license is invalid.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • So how large is the LEB/LET database, @jbiloh ? Can't you sacrifice an E3 box for a dedicated database server? Even keep the entire database in RAMdisk if necessary (and if it's small enough)?

• By the way i posted an offer and it doesn't sink. I thought this should be automatic now.

@rds100 said:
    By the way i posted an offer and it doesn't sink. I thought this should be automatic now.

There is a bug in the plugin @serian wrote. He is working on it.

@rds100 said:
    So how large is the LEB/LET database, jbiloh ? Can't you sacrifice an E3 box for a dedicated database server? Even keep the entire database in RAMdisk if necessary (and if it's small enough)?

LEB and LET are ran on a 4 server cluster. All 4 devices are dedicated just to the purpose and there are multiple VMs running on each node.

We'll get it perfect soon.

How does everyone feel about the necessity to login to view all threads? Is there any real advantage to that?

@Jack said:
    No, why do you want to do that? Sometimes my phone logs out when viewing a thread so you would just be creating more work for me having to re-login and then I'd probably just think oh I'll view it later when I am at my desk.

Currently not all threads are publicly viewable. I was suggesting we make them all public.

Login on 1 browser, and be a guest in another and compare.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2013

It doesn't make any difference for me, but then again, there are some "The Cest Pit" threads with a lot of various offtopic trolling familiar mostly to LET/LEB insiders/members. Things like that doesn't make best impression to people unfamiliar with LET and this could be the reason to keep them "internal" - but I may be wrong.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2013

Take it to the CestPit @Jack :)

• @jbiloh said:
    Currently not all threads are publicly viewable. I was suggesting we make them all public.

I think this is a very good idea. I see no real reason to make threads visible only to registered users on a forum where anybody can register.

@Dylan said:
    I think this is a very good idea. I see no real reason to make threads visible only to registered users on a forum where anybody can register.

I agree. Anyone else have an opinion?

• DarwinDarwin Member
    edited October 2013

As someone who was a let lurker, not showing off-topic was great. I browsed let only to see on-topic posts and, that imho, was better than if I could see all posts. (as a lurker/unregistred user)

I have a feeling that off-topic only adds value when you start to participate in this community.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited October 2013

@Darwin said:
    I have a feeling that off-topic only adds value when you start to participate in this community.

That is the reason the off-topic posts (and the cest pit) are not publicly viewable right now.

• c0yc0y Member

@jbiloh said:
    I agree. Anyone else have an opinion?

indexing our offtopic stuff to search engines is probably a bad idea

• @Frost said:
    indexing our offtopic stuff to search engines is probably a bad idea

Nah, that's just your posts ;-)

Just joking of course. I agree with you. The off-topic stuff can get quite toxic, unfounded and irrelevant. Even though I like the transparency of it, I don't think it's a good idea.

This discussion has been closed.