Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• So, who IS @SysAdmin anyway? Is it an alias for @jbiloh?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Magiobiwan said:
    So, who IS SysAdmin anyway? Is it an alias for jbiloh?

Alex Vial or one of our other engineers as necessary.

@Magiobiwan said:

@Magiobiwan said:

It should be better but not fixed yet. We'll get it completely fixed tomorrow.

• Still crapping up here every now and then, same for the helpdesk.

• Still crapping up here every now and then, same for the helpdesk.

• I think a provider only area could be a great idea. If we all came together as a community and worked with and for each other, we could all develop larger scale cutting edge IaaS and SaaS to rival the big guys.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2013

Why would you put providers above the rest of the community? This community is every day more provider oriented anyway with less and less valuable contributors without business interest. Not to mention that some of them contribute over all those years more than many potential "provider only area" members do. Lets face it, I am here all those years because I like this community and you're here last few months to promote your business (nothing personal here, just example). Are you sure that you want exclusive board section where members wouldn't deserve access because they don't run and promote their hosting business here?
    If you all come together as a community as you're saying it will be community inside community.
    I am against such exclusive communities inside community.

• @Spirit said:
    Why would you put providers above the rest of the community? This community is every day more provider oriented anyway with less and less valuable contributors without business interest. Not to mention that some of them contribute over all those years more than many potential "provider only area" members do. Lets face it, I am here all those years because I like this community and you're here last few months to promote your business (nothing personal here, just example). Are you sure that you want exclusive board section where members wouldn't deserve access because they don't run and promote their hosting business here?
    If you all come together as a community as you're saying it will be community inside community.
    I am against such exclusive communities inside community.

Seconded.

If you really want to work together, @Nodepop, you should do it with other providers and (potential) customers. There's a lot of people here with a lot of knowledge that are not providers. Some providers, on the other hand... I think you get what I mean.

• I am not against initiative for collaboration. If there's a will.. why not. But why exclusive internal board section solely for exchange of ideas, suggestions, etc... as most things would happen at some 3rd party collaboration, code management repository anyway.

• I didn't mean to suggest segregation. Came out wrong. I am new here, and I do promote my business(I appreciate the opportunity). But I have also donated time and resources to a few people and projects on this forum. I was more suggesting a catalyst to drive more innovation. I thought the easiest way to do that would be through fair trade. Hence why I said provider only. In hind sight, I probably should have kept the idea to myself.

• Hey, it doesn't hurt to suggest. Everything is fine ;-)

• 5 min
    Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
    Please check back in a little while.

@nocom said:
    5 min
    Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
    Please check back in a little while.

We're still fine tuning the new cluster. In a few days we'll have the little hiccups taken care of.

I'm unclear, what is the problem?

1. You're correct about the drafts, I can see that. We'll get it fixed immediately.

2. We'll investigate.

3. Before we could edit posts in the text box at the bottom of the page, right?

• Preview also doesn't work last 3 - 4 days.

No problem, these are just after affects from the migration to the new cluster. I've already emailed internally to get them corrected. Thanks for pointing these out guys!

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited September 2013

Before we could edit posts in the text box at the bottom of the page, right?

You can still edit posts in the text box but you have to scroll up to the very top of the page to do it. edit: this is on Firefox 24 beta, Linux...no idea if you can still edit on other Browser/OS combos.

edited September 2013

Yeah it's not right. We'll get it fixed Monday or Tuesday at the latest. We'll also work on the speed, I know the DB needs further tweaks.

@DomainBop said:
    You can still edit posts in the text box but you have to scroll up to the very top of the page to do it. edit: this is on Firefox 24 beta, Linux...no idea if you can still edit on other Browser/OS combos.

The editing should be fixed now.

Drafts are fixed too :)

• https redirect us to cloudflare page.

Will get that fixed ASAP. Thanks for pointing it out.

@Spirit said:
    https redirect us to cloudflare page.

This should be fixed now.

Looking to see why quoting os acting funny again right now.

• Maybe we need a forum section called "Support". Many people time and time again uses LET for ticketing issues.

@jcaleb said:
    Maybe we need a forum section called "Support". Many people time and time again uses LET for ticketing issues.

Liam will have to chine in on that. Thanks for the suggestion!

This discussion has been closed.