Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• @jbiloh @SysAdmin

excuse me wtf r u doin

• Well for the 30 seconds that it was activated, it looked rather silly and large compared to the actual posts.

• @jbiloh that's not Harry Potter fanclub :P

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

We're going to change the visuals so it's much nicer. Once that's finished we can all vote if we like it or not.

• Will we have to vote using those buttons?

• @jbiloh why are you so eager to make this forum look more stupid, useless and childish as it is already? What's your vision? More colours, emoticons, talking about your favourite game, pets and music?

• No more cluster errors please If you can't increase functionality without compromising the stability of the forum, don't touch it. It's not like we were having an issue to begin with.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

@WebSearchingPro said:
    No more cluster errors please If you can't increase functionality without compromising the stability of the forum, don't touch it. It's not like we were having an issue to begin with.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

From what I can tell since Alex completed the cluster project it's been smooth, right?

• @jbiloh said:
    From what I can tell since Alex completed the cluster project it's been smooth, right?

Sure it is, but when you start adding more and more stuff, potential for more troubles occur.

• Are we moving from vanilla yet?

• @BradND said:
    Are we moving from vanilla yet?

Not yet.

• DarwinDarwin Member
    edited October 2013

@jbiloh said:

I think there is something wrong about "my bookmarks". I had an old bookmark (10 days old) and bookmarked another thread today.

Sometimes it shows my 2 bookmarks, sometimes it shows only the new one (weird, sync issues usually affect newer data, not older).

edit: screenshots

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Suggestion: more moderation on LEB offers, people are free to complain about hosts and put cases forward all they want, personally I don't think you should allow people to troll offer posts but if you are please have some rules regarding evidence i.e. a ticket or order number must be posted along with negative feedback.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Suggestion: more moderation on LEB offers, people are free to complain about hosts and put cases forward all they want, personally I don't think you should allow people to troll offer posts but if you are please have some rules regarding evidence i.e. a ticket or order number must be posted along with negative feedback.

Good suggestion, although some cases can't be catered by this. I mean, if somebody is just not satisfied with the performance, it's perfectly fine to say so. Even without a ticket number. Real "trolling" though is something we should keep our eyes open for, I agree on that. I personally watch the responses to offer too little to catch them all.

@mpkossen yep I agree with that, however when someone uses the words scam or thief or similar then it really should be moderated.

Perhaps the ability to report comments would work.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    mpkossen yep I agree with that, however when someone uses the words scam or thief or similar then it really should be moderated.

Perhaps the ability to report comments would work.

True!

FYI: You can already 'Flag' a comment for moderation, it'll show up in our queue and we always check flagged comments.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @Jack said:
    mpkossen Where on LEB can you flag comments?

Ah, LEB. Sorry, totally mixed those up. Well, I'll see if there's a plugin for that :-) For now, it's fine to just PM me the comment links.

• Direct copy of the thread i started when I didn't see this one.

I've noticed that @LowEndNetwork isn't exactly active, last post was about an offer on March 2nd, 2013. Why not use IFTTT to automatically crosspost from wordpress to twitter.

• Maybe @jbiloh can tell you more about this. I haven't got any credentials for this account.

• @Liam said:
    Unfortunately the password was never handed over between us and the previous owner. Further more, twitter were not very helpful when I contacted them.

I don't know if this is what you did but I've had excellent luck gaining control of a Twitter account under similar circumstances by filing an impersonation report -- you can say that you'd like to use the username and since it claims to be the official account I'd bet anything they'll hand it over. General support won't help, though, you have to go through that form.

https://support.twitter.com/forms/impersonation

As Liam mentioned Twitter hasn't been helpful.

We're actively working to get ownership of the account right now.

• @mpkossen @Liam @Dylan @jbiloh Cool, getting updates via twitter would be a pretty cool feature.

• The wiki probably needs to be locked down. I was wondering why it was all jumbled up so I went in and fixed it. A few days later, BAM, messed up again. Is this accidental, on purpose, automatic or just plain vandalism? Also, it's not up to date. Lots of useful info, though!

Thanked by 1Spirit

@lukasubo said:
    The wiki probably needs to be locked down. I was wondering why it was all jumbled up so I went in and fixed it. A few days later, BAM, messed up again. Is this accidental, on purpose, automatic or just plain vandalism? Also, it's not up to date. Lots of useful info, though!

Yeah this is on the list for the coming week.

• @jbiloh said:
    Yeah this is on the list for the coming week.

PMed you the fixed wiki.

Fix reporting?

All I have been getting for a while is: Language string failed to load tls

Example post: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/16443/basevm-com-512m-ram-xen-5-mo-usa#latest

• Got your report(s).
    I also experienced "Language string failed to load tls" when I tryed to delete few spam applicants today.

Because: Cluster? :p

• Selection quoting doesn't seem to work on the first post of a thread, for me anyway.

Alex is going to look into the language string issue now.

This discussion has been closed.