Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• MrObvious said: Selection quoting doesn't seem to work on the first post of a thread, for me anyway.

You're right. Must have a different structure than the other posts. Grrr @ Vanilla. I'll try to fix it soon and ask Alex to update the file.

• I updated the file

• said: t guarante

Quoting the OP works now, but doesn't attribute them as being the one that said it.

• MrObvious said: Quoting the OP works now, but doesn't attribute them as being the one that said it.

Hehe, guess I was too fast. I'll fix that as well.

• Is there an issue with notifications being sent to Yahoo! ? I havent received any e-mail notifications for comments and private messages.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@ElitePixels said:
    Is there an issue with notifications being sent to Yahoo! ? I havent received any e-mail notifications for comments and private messages.

We think we just recently fixed the mail issue.

• jbiloh said: We think we just recently fixed the mail issue.

I'm not receiving e-mails even now. For example, this very quoted post of you didnt reach my e-mail.
    Something isn't right.

@ElitePixels said:
    I'm not receiving e-mails even now. For example, this very quoted post of you didnt reach my e-mail. Something isn't right.

Were you anytime in the past?

• jbiloh said: Were you anytime in the past?

Yes, i am here for a long time. (Including the times when LET was hacked.. stuffs)

Also, seems like the e-mail issue is fixed. Getting notifications now.

@ElitePixels said:
    Yes, i am here for a long time. (Including the times when LET was hacked.. stuffs)

Also, seems like the e-mail issue is fixed. Getting notifications now.

Great!

• What's the general consensus about images in signatures?
    I don't mind it if it's not bad for the eyes and not too big, but IMHO the images should be uploaded on LET's servers, not on some third party server where someone could be collecting statistics about the IPs of all LET visitors.
    Also perhaps all LET signature changes should be moderated, i.e. only become effective after reviewed and approved by a moderator? Don't know if there is a vanilla module/plugin for this..

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2013

@rds100 said:
    Also perhaps all LET signature changes should be moderated, i.e. only become effective after reviewed and approved by a moderator? Don't know if there is a vanilla module/plugin for this..

Do you know of any other forum where such a thing is enforced?

• @MikHo on WHT signatures are moderated, but post factum. Don't know about pre-moderated.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Rules enforced, if you brake the rules it's removed. I'm ok with that. Imagine the workload on moderators/admins if the signatures should be pre approved.
    I vote yes that the admins/mods should remove signatures if tjey are breaking rules.

• Yes, could work that way too. I have no idea how often signatures are changed.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2013

Posts with polls attached cannot be edited, always the error "Please specify a valid poll title" (even though it's clearly specified and valid).

• rds100 said: What's the general consensus about images in signatures?

I'm not a fan. Isn't there something in this thread about signatures, like they're only supposed to be three lines?

I could come up with some rules for them?

• Yes, some general guidelines about the signatures would be nice.

• @mpkossen said:
    Isn't there something in this thread about signatures, like they're only supposed to be three lines?

Yes, there was some talking about line or two limit but nothing happened. @Adduc even made fixed version of the Signatures plugin https://github.com/Adduc/vanilla-signatures-purified albeit I am not sure if it's in use here.

@Spirit said:
    Instead of making this as rule and then bother members all the time I suggested to simply enforce line or two with a height parameter through CSS or similar solution.
    Imho. one line is more than enough taking into consideration whole vanilla appearance and how much text is possible to put into one line and still looks OK.
    This signature game is every day more and more intrusive at LET. Some people have a lot more text in signatures than posts they publish.

• The plugin I wrote should still work, although it may require tuning to achieve the perfect balance of acceptable and non-acceptable HTML. IIRC, the used library, HTMLPurifier, can be a little restrictive in what it deems acceptable.

• @rm_ said:
    Posts with polls attached cannot be edited, always the error "Please specify a valid poll title" (even though it's clearly specified and valid).

This

• It would be cool to rss feed or bookmark searches that you like, prob take to much resources but would be cool. Like i am always searching for updated posts on specific vps

• People should be stopped from requesting any support from their providers. If they do not get a response it's not the responsibility of the LET community.

• c0yc0y Member
    edited November 2013

@ultimatehostings said:
    People should be stopped from requesting any support from their providers. If they do not get a response it's not the responsibility of the LET community.

Welcome to LET :-) (where all drama and bickering goes)

@Spirit - I think the idea of a CSS wrapped (overflow: hidden) height is awesome, granted you don't actually take any "rights" (like being able to use images/icons in general) but effectively stop the sig spam.

• Bullying and disrespect have no place on LET/LEB. I have flagged and notified mods about several posts, directed at me, in the Chicago VPS lousy Support? discussion. I respectfully ask mods to ban @ATHK and @texteditor, or delete my LET/LEB accounts. I'll stay if the mods remove the bullies, otherwise I don't want any part of it.

ATHK said:

because you screwed up by being an idiot..

Dear Captain Moron

christ almighty, do you have a brain?

texteditor said:
    asshat

you dumb CVPS shill

jimpop is pretty clearly someone's sockpuppet account

• @jimpop welcome to let, the real trollbots of this place are actually snoozing. However your first line is not true, its been part n parcel of this place. Relax

• @jimpop said: stuff

You weren't exactly Mr. Perfect either: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/398722/#Comment_398722. You've edited all your other comments where you said @ATHK was almost certainly somebody with too much time because he didn't have a job, etc.

I am not going to ban anybody over this. We're all adults here, I think we can handle a fierce discussion :-)

• Is this really still going? How pathetic...

@jimpop, please stop tagging me in your posts I'm not interested in playing your little childish games, seriously just stop before you do something stupid and actually end up being banned...

• lol @ dragging this into feedback

• @texteditor said:
    lol @ dragging this into feedback

I know right, if that's not breaking this rule I don't know what is :P

"Do not SPAM (i.e. post multiple threads on the same topic, continuously post completely irrelevant information in threads)!"

This discussion has been closed.