Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1,99€ dedicated server ? - Page 28
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1,99€ dedicated server ?

Comments

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited August 2014

@kcaj said:
    I'm sure it'll be capable of seeding itself without your intervention or supervision, so you could continue to post here. Anyhow, cya.

I have to look for episodes ISO's though. D:

• Tripleflix said: what is the attitude from online.regarding this "Linux ISO seeding" do they not care or...?

Nobody cares as long as your "Linux ISOs" are from a private tracker.

• SylmaeSylmae Member
    edited August 2014

Btw to all those who are using Deluge, install ltconfig from here - http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins - and then enable the High Performance Seeding Plugin and watch in amazement.

I've never seen a torrent client this aggressive when it comes to connecting to peers/seeding/etc.

Thanked by 1Lex
  • Anyone unable to log into the console? Even after resetting my password I can't get in.

• for me its working fine

• I missed it again :( the only time I was away from LET....

• @mikmak I assume I'll have to wait until tomorrow for my billing issue to be corrected? Responded to the ticket immediately yesterday - looks like support is closed on Sundays.

• mikeyur said: I assume I'll have to wait until tomorrow for my billing issue to be corrected? Responded to the ticket immediately yesterday - looks like support is closed on Sundays.

That is correct.

• CoryCory Member

They've added CentOS 6 to the list of available operating systems! No more workarounds to get cPanel DNS-Only working lol

• aFriendaFriend Member
    edited August 2014

I installed the CentOS 6 that online.net now has as an option. However few observations:

Oddly enough, I had to "Yum install passwd" before I could change the root password.

Also my locale is set to french and I dont know how to set it to english. If someone knows, please tag me so I can change it. Its not exactly the whole locale, but parts of it. Eg: if I type "ls -al" the text is in english ("total"). However if I type a command that is not yet yum installed (eg 'htop') I get -bash: htop : commande introuvable

And file system doesnt offer ext4. Only ext3 (not that I know how it makes any difference for me).

Edit: its possible I logged in sooner than it was ready. I am going to reinstall, wait for a good 1 hr and then log in.

Edit2: reinstalling did nothing different. I had to yum install passwd. I think @ndelaespada suggestion of locale changes might have worked.. I changed from FR -> US per his suggestion.

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2014

@aFriend said:

Look into the /etc/sysconfig/i18n file

change to:

LANG="en_US.UTF-8"

SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

Thanked by 2Monsta_AU aFriend
  • @Cory said:
    They've added CentOS 6 to the list of available operating systems! No more workarounds to get cPanel DNS-Only working lol

Now if I could get a Server 2008R2 image with the NIC driver installed, I would be a happy, happy man!

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @kcaj After I posted that it looks like someone got to my ticket.

Fixed issue and my last 2 servers were delivered immediately.

• mikmak said: make sure you keep your DHCPv6 client up and running all time, this is needed to keep the route towards your server

I noticed that for some reason DHCPv6 client die every now and then. I use Debian distro. Question may sound a bit silly, but what woud be the best way to keep it up and running all time?
    I found a lot of information about DHCPv6 configuration, but google wasn't most useful regarding keeping it up and running all the time.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2014

Rockster said: I noticed that for some reason DHCPv6 client die every now and then. I use Debian distro. Question may sound a bit silly, but what woud be the best way to keep it up and running all time?

I found a lot of information about DHCPv6 configuration, but google wasn't most useful regarding keeping it up and running all the time.

Because it does not "die every now and then" for anyone else but you? Could have at least mention which client you use; and what did you find about this in 'dmesg' and syslog. Personally I have no issues whatsoever with dibbler.

• WoopWoop Member

I saw on some other pages that people bought multiple boxes.
    If someone wants to sell me one (for a reasonable price) and providing we can transfer the ownership, then please let me know.

• @Woop said:
    I saw on some other pages that people bought multiple boxes.
    If someone wants to sell me one (for a reasonable price) and providing we can transfer the ownership, then please let me know.

I'm afraid not, I asked support and the reply was something along the lines of "Sorry, we cannot transfer services from one account to another."

• I wonder if anyone will not renew their server after 30 days. I'm thinking it's so cheap it's almost stupid not to keep it even if you're not using it for anything at the moment...

• Sylmae said: I wonder if anyone will not renew their server after 30 days. I'm thinking it's so cheap it's almost stupid not to keep it even if you're not using it for anything at the moment...

I'll renew it for sure :P. I only use my server for seeding linux ISO atm. I'll keep the server until has time to playing with few software/configuration.

Sylmae said: if anyone will not renew their server after 30 days.

It will auto-renew for everyone on 1st September. There's no such thing as "if you will renew or not", it's auto-renewal on the beginning of the month. If you don't want to continue using it, you can request cancellation, but that's only before 20th of the previous month. And yes, you'll be a very very silly person if you do that. :)

Thanked by 1Sylmae
  • sonicsonic Veteran

I have 4 idle box, but i will renew for sure

• I did a mistake. Not ordered with the company. Now i have to pay 2,4 euro , not 2 euro.

hahahaha :D

• howardsl2howardsl2 Member
    edited August 2014

@Rockster said: I noticed that for some reason DHCPv6 client die every now and then. I use Debian distro.

Debian Bug #745455:
    dhclient -6 -P regularly dies with "Impossible condition at dhc6.c:4111."
    https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=745455

This might has been fixed in the Debian Jessie(testing)/Sid(unstable) version of isc-dhcp-client package. Refer to post #59 from first link below.

Use Google Translate for these:
    http://forum.online.net/index.php?/topic/3487-ipv6-48-dibbler-et-debian-7/page-2
    http://forum.online.net/index.php?/topic/4161-dedibox-et-ipv6/
    http://documentation.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/reseau/prefixe_ipv6

Thanked by 2Kerberos Rockster
  • Is there a way to get networking details?

I want to setup it as a static IP and not this DHCP garbage.

edited August 2014

@NateN34 said:
    Is there a way to get networking details?

I want to setup it as a static IP and not this DHCP garbage.

You can figure those out using "ip route" and "ip addr".

But at least for their IPv6, you must run DHCPv6, else the uplink router will stop routing your IPs.
    Not sure if it's the same with IPv4.

• I don't understand why my IPv6 isn't working.. :( I followed @spirit's instructions to the letter. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

• @rm_ said:
    Not sure if it's the same with IPv4.

Static assigning of IPv4/GW works.

@taronyu that's probably 4th or 5th time this is mentioned/posted, look there's even a screenshot at the top of 17th (previous) page.

Thanked by 3hostnoob taronyu netomx
  • I'll be looking into the drivers for the Online.net box. Would be great if i could get one somehow.. just for testing the templates.

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU