Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1,99€ dedicated server ? - Page 25
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1,99€ dedicated server ?

Comments

• I think they're talking about their VPS Cloud range though

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

hostnoob said: I think they're talking about their VPS Cloud range though

But those start from 10 EUR and I don't see how they have any relation to being a response to a 2 EUR dedi.

• @hostnoob said:
    I think they're talking about their VPS Cloud range though

It looks like you get unlimited cpu use on those :o

• sonicsonic Veteran

Boot in recuse mode,
    sudo -i wget -O- 'http://ktd.joodle.nl/KS2008R2.gz' | gunzip | dd of=/dev/sda

and get this error: dd: opening /dev/sda': Permission denied Cannot write to-' (Broken pipe).

How to solve this, anyone try to install joodle 2k8 template

• Really love online.net more and more for their support.
    Here is their support's response.
    Never see someone use this word before, "I remain at your disposal." :)

`Your credit card returned an error during the last paying attempt, it locked your account. I unlocked it. You'll be delivered within 20minutes.

I remain at your disposal.

Best regards`

• ad0ad0 Member

I Cannot order one Victim of its success?

• @sonic said:
    Boot in recuse mode,

and get this error: dd: opening /dev/sda': Permission denied Cannot write to-' (Broken pipe).

@sonic said:
    Boot in recuse mode,

Did you enter command sudo -i first before execute that?

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@sonic said:
    Boot in recuse mode,

sudo -i
    And then try it.

Thanked by 1sonic
  • mkz71 said: "I remain at your disposal."

Sounds like a 1:1 translation of some French courtesy phrase!

• @rm_ said:
    But those start from 10 EUR and I don't see how they have any relation to being a response to a 2 EUR dedi.

true

• Account got flagged and had to deal with support. It's shocking that they actually have real support, unlike OVH (at least on the budget stuff). Pretty awesome.

• Missed this deal, and when asking when it will be available again got:

Hello,

Our kidechire Dedibox was a real success. It was a limited offer. We do not have anymore servers of this kind.

I invite you to look at our other offers in order to find one which would fit your needs.

We remain at your disposal.

Best regards,

• @deejay31 said:
    Missed this deal, and when asking when it will be available again got:

Best regards,

Thanks, we had no idea.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • RizRiz Member

Looks like the FTP space is accessible from anywhere unlike OVH which is local network only. Nice!

• Riz said: Looks like the FTP space is accessible from anywhere unlike OVH which is local network only. Nice!

It is. I have 'autologin' enabled on my backup space, but no idea what it does. I thought it may allow to connect to the FTP space from my Online.net server without having to authenticate, but it seems not.

I've been seeding at a constant 100Mb/s on mine. CPU is preventing me seeding any more as it's at 100% utilisation.

• @kcaj said:
    I've been seeding at a constant 100Mb/s on mine. CPU is preventing me seeding any more as it's at 100% utilisation.

Not sure which client you're using, but many will let you select the size of cache. I know Deluge does, so you can increase it to use as much of the 2GB memory as possible for popular stuff you're seeding.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited August 2014

mikeyur said: Not sure which client you're using, but many will let you select the size of cache. I know Deluge does, so you can increase it to use as much of the 2GB memory as possible for popular stuff you're seeding.

I'm using Transmission. RAM utilisation is at around 100% too, there is nothing else on the server so I guess this is torrent related stuff cached. I'll try reducing the amount of torrents to see if that helps.

• @kcaj said: I'm using Transmission.

Edit cache-size-mb in settings.json. Default is 4MB, try bumping that up a bit and see. I haven't played with it in Transmission too much, but I know it helped a lot in deluge when I bumped it to use like 1GB of ram.

• Did IPv6 just drop for others too?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2014

As already has been said to you by multiple people in LET IRC, it did not "drop" for anyone but you, so stop spamming and fix your DHCPv6 config.

• Dropped for me, traceroute stops in first French router after leaving HE's London POP

• in deluge limit the connections to a small amount but make sure its like the half amount of ur priv tracker.

then set cache size to : 8192
    encryption enabled , level either

and boom speed increase

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited August 2014

infected said: in deluge limit the connections to a small amount but make sure its like the half amount of ur priv tracker.

then set cache size to : 8192 encryption enabled , level either

and boom speed increase

I've never used Deluge, I'll remove Transmission and have a play about with it now.

EDIT: Wow, the deluge interface is like an actual BitTorrent client in a web browser. I'll definitely swap over to deluge on my main server too!

• infectedinfected Member
    edited August 2014

@kcaj said:
    EDIT: Wow, the deluge interface is like an actual BitTorrent client in a web browser. I'll definitely swap over to deluge on my main server too!

deluge is more the laptop torrent client, on a server deluge or rtorrent with automated script is the way to go but since rtorrent is a overkill here , deluge is just fine, if you need help in a proper deluge setup i wrote a guide and can pm it to you if you ask nicely

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@infected said:
    deluge is more the laptop torrent client, on a server deluge or rtorrent with automated script is the way to go but since rtorrent is a overkill here , deluge is just fine, if you need help in a proper deluge setup i wrote a guide and can pm it to you if you ask nicely

Could I please have that guide also?

• @infected said:

Can I please have that guide? please please

• please don't ask here just send me a pm. its more like my notebook-"blog" and I have no interest in sharing it with the world. and now back to topic.

• @kcaj said:

Yeah I'm wondering about this too.

• @hostnoob said:
    Yeah I'm wondering about this too.

again try increasing cache, limiting connections, disabling unneeded stuff like dht peer exch and etc - all that you don't need on a priv tracker
    try to have only a few active connections cus this server is still to weak for a superseedbox

• NewforVPSNewforVPS Member
    edited August 2014

Need help!

I followed joodle's guide to install Win 7.
    My box downloaded Win 7 ok, I change to Normal boot, wait 10 minutes then try to ping its IP => Can not reach.

I reboot it again and wait for 30 minutes, try to ping => Can not reach. Its status is "Down".

How long it takes to finish booting Win 7?