Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1,99€ dedicated server ? - Page 26
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1,99€ dedicated server ?

Comments

• sc754sc754 Member
    edited August 2014

I love the new availability status on online's kidechire page:

Availability

Victim of its success

• infectedinfected Member
    edited August 2014

@NewforVPS said:
    Need help!

I followed this guide: https://joodle.nl/install-windows-on-a-kimsufi-server/
    My box downloaded Win 7 ok, I change to Normal boot, wait 10 minutes then try to ping its IP => Can not reach.

I reboot it again and wait for 30 minutes, try to ping => Can not reach. Its status is "Down".

How long it takes to finish booting Win 7?

pls @LE admin implement a facepalm smiley

first thing would be stop always saying need help when you have it already in your username, second thing would be you fucked something up / ain't working with online.net

well i still dont understand why people want win on this machine so badly lol.

• @infected You mean I can't post link? Sorry, I'm new here.

• @NewforVPS said:
    infected You mean I can't post link? Sorry, I'm new here.

Win 7 may not work, so far we know that server 2012 and windows 8.1 does. But not 2008 and by the sounds of it from what you're saying windows 7 either

Thanked by 1NewforVPS
  • @NewforVPS said:
    infected You mean I can't post link? Sorry, I'm new here.

what the f are you talking about?
    i never said that lol. of course you can post a link but there are a few things to keep in mind:

• dont purchase a server if you don't know your way around google and have some major knowledge
    • you maybe did something wrong and didn't follow his thread correctly?
    • it doesn't work this way on online.net
    • read page 1 to 15 , as far as I've seen some tried to install win7 differently and had success? so just read.
  • @infected said:
    well i still dont understand why people want win on this machine so badly lol.

I just want to try Windows on a (dedi) server. I can't install it on my VPS. Is it enough for you?

edited August 2014

@NewforVPS said:
    I just want to try Windows on a (dedi) server. I can't install it on my VPS. Is it enough for you?

No. I don't care honestly. Just the fact that you can't open your eyes and read a bit simply annoys me.

You could also setup Win2k12 Srv/Win2k8 Srv on your home PC with Virtualbox/vmware workstation and have fun there instead of wasting money on something you can't manage properly.

I'm sure you have 4gig ram free as you are able to buy servers and vps without knowing jack shit

well, even I started once pretty new in that area but I just read my way through lots of manuals and some day it just worked out.

Thanked by 2rm_ pbalazs123
  • @infected said:
    well, even I started once pretty new in that area but I just read my way through lots of manuals and some day it just worked out.

You seem to have an undesirable mood for people with no knowledge on how to use when they buy.

I also hate that. ;p

Thanked by 2infected rm_
  • oh.. f you @infected.. I don't like your attitude here. Just sayin

• damnit... how did I miss this

• @infected said:

Oops, it quoted the wrong bit. I meant to quote this

kcaj said: It is. I have 'autologin' enabled on my backup space, but no idea what it does. I thought it may allow to connect to the FTP space from my Online.net server without having to authenticate, but it seems not.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2014

infected said: dont purchase a server if you don't know your way around google and have some major knowledge

infected said: No. I don't care honestly. Just the fact that you can't open your eyes and read a bit simply annoys me.

What's wrong with you, man? He didn't claim he is the master of the dedis. He bought a 2$ machine to play with it and learn. he want to learn how to install os, windows or whatever shit he wants. Why do you have to be so rude? He didn't buy a 300$ dedi to start his own company, he is starting from somewhere to learn. This is a brilliant behavior and just asked a simple question here, for people willing to help. Didn't you once started learning from zero? You don't want to help? Then, dont. Calm down!

• @jvnadr said:

+1!

Best start with this dedicated. Dont know better then hosthatch 256mb openVZ vps. Really dont know..

I have it both :P

Seems the things are better if your things is dedicated.. :)

Thanked by 2netomx linuxglobe
    edited August 2014

@NanoG6 said:
    oh.. f you infected.. I don't like your attitude here. Just sayin

aww i love you² homie

edit: maybe I was rude , I admit but why can't he read this thread like suggested. joodle THE OLY GRANDMASTER himself was posting here about windows some pages ago I think

Thanked by 1pbalazs123
  • So how's the performance on windows server 2012? since the cpu seems low

• infected said: instead of wasting money on something you can't manage properly.

Not only that, it is also egoistic, as he took the chance from someone else to order the machine he ordered, without having a proper use for it.

Thanked by 1pbalazs123
  • @Ruriko said:
    So how's the performance on windows server 2012? since the cpu seems low

Surprisingly good as long as you're not trying to multi task on it. Web browsing and opening / running programs isn't slow. It's useable as a desktop

• sc754sc754 Member
    edited August 2014

For those wanting Centos 6.5 (64bit) I've made a dd dump on proxmox using joodles tutorial:

the gz file is at http://dl.fs5.co.uk/centos.gz (261MB)

I've not tested it yet but it should work fine, to install it go to rescue mode and after sudo -i run

wget -O- 'http://dl.fs5.co.uk/centos.gz' | gunzip | dd of=/dev/sda

Default user info is:
    User: root
    Password: Password851

Reboot and wait for it to come up.

Be sure to change the password after login! Also you'll need to expand the disk after the install as the default disk is 5GB

Thanked by 2linuxglobe Monsta_AU
  • trexostrexos Member
    edited August 2014

I wonder what will happen if your HDD/CPU/whatever dies. Why should they replace it? I expect that they refund you and you'll loose your 2€ server :/

• @trexos said:
    I wonder what will happen if your HDD/CPU/whatever dies.

They replace it, when I bought my server's HDD failed and they replaced it instantly with a 15 minutes check.

Thanked by 1trexos
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2014

trexos said: I wonder what will happen if your HDD/CPU/whatever dies. Why should they replace it? I expect that they refund you and you'll loose your 2€ server :/

Well you're dumber than a bag of rocks, if that is something that you "expect".

http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-kidechire#services

Support incident   HardwareWatch® and ticket 24/7
    GTI hardware    repair H+4
  • sonicsonic Veteran

@trexos said:
    I wonder what will happen if your HDD/CPU/whatever dies. Why should they replace it? I expect that they refund you and you'll loose your 2€ server :/

They have plenty of used HDD and they will replace other for you without problem

Thanked by 1trexos
  • @rm_ said:
    Well you're dumber than a bag of rocks, if that is something that you "expect".

woow don't be too friendly.

@Gadelhas said:
    They replace it, when I bought my server's HDD failed and they replaced it instantly with a 15 minutes check.

How did you notice? And how did online.net notice? Through their automatic monitoring system or did you create a ticket?

• @trexos said:
    How did you notice? And how did online.net notice? Through their automatic monitoring system or did you create a ticket?

My server didn't start, I asked them to check what was happening on a ticket, and within 15 minutes I was reinstalling my new server

Thanked by 1trexos
  • Any suggestions for a torrent program to run under centos7?

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited August 2014

trexos said: woow don't be too friendly.

I think he didn't mean it offensive, but rather was it his way of saying, that expect is probably the wrong word and what you actually meant is assume.

@plumberg said:
    Any suggestions for a torrent program to run under centos7?

rtorrent

I wonder why their backup host is dedibackup-dc2.online.net and all those boxes are supposed to be in DC3. Because dedibackup-dc3.online.net does also exist.

Edit: Nevermind, you can actually connect to both addresses with your credentials.

• XNQXNQ Member
    edited August 2014

@black said:

You have to un-register the keys within Windows BEFORE you format. Otherwise, you'll have to phone up Microsoft's automatic system and tell them your cdkey and they will un-register it that way.

• chrisp said: I wonder why their backup host is dedibackup-dc2.online.net and all those boxes are supposed to be in DC3. Because dedibackup-dc3.online.net does also exist.

better to store your backups in another DC

Thanked by 1tux
  • Has anyone ordered one of these either on the 23rd or 24th?

• @trexos said:

when I got my two servers, I first check the smart info of hard disk, unfortunately both disks are have some errors, so I sent a ticket, after 10 minutes, the staff replaced the two servers for me, lol