Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1,99€ dedicated server ? - Page 29
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1,99€ dedicated server ?

Comments

• @joodle said:
    I'll be looking into the drivers for the Online.net box. Would be great if i could get one somehow.. just for testing the templates.

I have 2 of them, contact me and I'll give you the details ;)

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • @joodle I would like to give you a temp access, but the two boxes I bought are already in business! If you don't find anyone here with an idle box, though, drop me a pm to see if I can pause the use of one of the boxes and give access to u for a couple of days

• I too missed this offer.. i tried posting request but said this offer ended :{

• @NateN34 said:
    Is there a way to get networking details?

I want to setup it as a static IP and not this DHCP garbage.

I remember that when you install it, on some step will display the ip details, the netmask should be 255.255.255.0, and the gateways should be .1,

also you can use ifconfig (linux) or ipconfig/all (windows) to confirm this :p

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited August 2014

@joodle said:
    I'll be looking into the drivers for the Online.net box. Would be great if i could get one somehow.. just for testing the templates.

it seems the win 8.1 doesn't need any additional drivers, it include the 82574L driver, :p

• @hotsnow said:
    it seems the win 8.1 doesn't need any additional drivers, it include the 82574L driver, :p

Yeah i know :)

I'm currently working on a Server 2008 R2 template with the driver added (let's hope it all works out the way i want it to be)

• @0xdragon said:
    I don't understand why my IPv6 isn't working.. :( I followed spirit's instructions to the letter. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Did you contact our technical support ? We have real support with this offer, no forum based service, we can (and we have to) help you

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @kcaj said:
    Seems pretty close.

The backup servers are inside an other datacenter.
    For example, if your server is at DC3 datacenter, your backup storage will be at DC2.

• @abermingham said:
    Did you contact our technical support ? We have real support with this offer, no forum based service, we can (and we have to) help you

Is it possible to send a hard disk to you, and you'll replace it with the current one?

• Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited August 2014

@joodle said:
    I'm currently working on a Server 2008 R2 template with the driver added (let's hope it all works out the way i want it to be)

Yes! Anything I can do to help, please ask. I have a machine sitting idle right now. If you want access to help things along, then let me know.

The drivers are available from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=&ProductID=3023&ProdId=3023

• @cassa said:
    Is it possible to send a hard disk to you, and you'll replace it with the current one?

Yeap, if you subscribed to "Business" server level, no problems of course

• @abermingham said:
    Yeap, if you subscribed to "Business" server level, no problems of course

Damn. What if I pay you only for placing it?

• abermingham said: Yeap, if you subscribed to "Business" server level, no problems of course

Can you upgrade for a month, have the operation carried out and downgrade back to 'free' the following month?

• @praveen said:
    I too missed this offer.. i tried posting request but said this offer ended :{

Fixed :) Maybe for few hours, or not ...

• mov3mov3 Member

@abermingham said:

Do you mean will restock within few hours?

• @mov3 said:
    Do you mean will restock within few hours?

Have a look on the hidden url :)

Thanked by 2rm_ upfreak
  • @abermingham If I have two servers, upon renewal do you charge my card once for the combined price of the two servers or make two separate charges?

• Ordered 3 :)

2 will be be used for testing for the templates, and one for a seedbox seeding "linux iso's"

• @joodle said:
    Ordered 3 :)

2 will be be used for testing for the templates, and one for a seedbox seeding "linux iso's"

Thanked by 1Makenai
  • @abermingham said:

Tried to order, the server went in the basket but time to validate the email address & sms code I get an error: "Error: Offer unavailable, please choose an other"...

Strange!

• AmarielleAmarielle Member
    edited August 2014

@abermingham said:
    Have a look on the hidden url :)

Error: Offer unavailable, please choose an other

Dammit :( The page has an order button though :(

• ben78 said: Strange!

Not strange. Only a small number available this time and they sold out within a minute or two.

• @kcaj said:
    Not strange. Only a small number available this time and they sold out within a minute or two.

Our stock has gone in 17min.
    Many customers scripted our order process, not fair.

Thanked by 3rm_ ahmiq tux
  • @kcaj said:

I get it, what I don't understand is why when a customer is in the process of ordering something the server is not set aside for a few minutes, time for the customer to fulfill the requirements online.net asks (email/phone validation)... :)

• @abermingham could have limited to one per customer from the start. After all it's a promotional offer.

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited August 2014

3rd one has been delivered, damn i'm lucky today :)

When i was on the train and i saw this thread is was like: OOOH NOESSSSSSSSSSSSS, i really wanted to have a few to play with. Lucky me, there was stock again today and i was able to get 3 of them :)

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • abermingham said: Our stock has gone in 17min. Many customers scripted our order process, not fair.

Hard to be faster than a bot..

Do you plan to have more stock soon?

• where to find the hidden url?

• What exactly do people do with these in order to justify ordering so many? I mean, sure it's a great deal... but do you actually intend to use them? Some of us are struggling trying to order the first one while people are automating the whole thing and buying in bulk - unfair.

• @abermingham said:

Any way to fight that? Maybe (if more are coming) allow 1 more server per customer, up to a max of 5 overall or something?